Riot I love the new 6300 all champion system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sizzackz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-10-2012

yeah still waiting for Ez to be reduced in price, according to the time line he is suppose to be next.

Teganze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

@OP

While I do agree that it'd be nice to see more IP price reductions, you have no right to call Riot's attitude 'terrible' when your own is so bad.

You can always wait for something to become cheaper, but if you wanted something badly enough to buy it NOW and get your enjoyment out of it, how can you still feel cheated if it goes on sale so far down the line?

Soulsinge

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir starke View Post
sure because if we all quit, they'll have a very nice game in their hands...

...or end up like runescape
rest in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiakinBloodz View Post
and they reduce the ip gain
they release tons of 6300 champs
new runepages are 6300 too
a full runepage is around 10000-15000 IP

it's impossible to play this game only with IP, you can't be competitive enough buying thing only with IP
I'll take flak for this I know, but it's unreasonable that Riot would make it possible for an IP-only player to be as competitive as an RP-player. This would give no incentive to buy RP, Riot wouldn't make money, and the game doesn't survive. While I do agree that all the 6300 champs being released is a bit excessive and there hasn't been a price reduction in awhile, I don't think it can be a serious expectation that a player using only IP to pay for their purchases can be as competitive as a player that uses only RP, or mostly RP, or even just a small combination of RP and IP.

Extreme Unicorn

01-10-2012

Bump.
Riot! Release 6300ip champs if you must...
But reduce the prices on the old ones so new players like me can catch up!

gay strip club

01-10-2012

Riot, COME AT ME.

I WANT DAT RED POST.

Dreamscribe

01-10-2012

Well, yeah. They're totally greedy...if you ignore that they routinely run sales on Champions, have slashed prices and provide you a game to play for absolutely no monetary investment on your end unless you decide that playing the game is worth paying for it. When I started, there were far fewer 450 IP Champions.

The fact that they've given all players easier access to Champions that are very powerful (Karthus, Anivia, Ryze, etc) is a testament to their ability to balance being a for-profit company who needs to pay their employees with doing the best they can for their player base. I find it laudable that they're committed to cutting the IP cost of Champions by 50% permanently in addition to giving away two free Champions and skins (Tristana and Alistar).

By the way, so far 16 of the 90 Champions released (or roughly 18%) have seen their IP costs reduced permanently by half for a grand savings of 32,850 IP. Now, you may whine and complain, but that's a hell of a decent thing to do for a company described in this thread as greedy, petty, vain or run solely out of self-interest. Right now, there's any number of viable, well-balanced Champions who can compete at all levels of play that don't cost more than 1350 IP. Are there Champions who are 6300 that are pretty fantastic? Yes. Are they inherently more powerful than Champions which cost less than that? See the release of Viktor if you need any more proof to the contrary of that assertion.

And in case you don't believe my numbers: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_champions#IP_cost_reductions

Jiblet Hunter

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamscribe View Post
Well, yeah. They're totally greedy...if you ignore that they routinely run sales on Champions, have slashed prices and provide you a game to play for absolutely no monetary investment on your end unless you decide that playing the game is worth paying for it. When I started, there were far fewer 450 IP Champions.

The fact that they've given all players easier access to Champions that are very powerful (Karthus, Anivia, Ryze, etc) is a testament to their ability to balance being a for-profit company who needs to pay their employees with doing the best they can for their player base. I find it laudable that they're committed to cutting the IP cost of Champions by 50% permanently in addition to giving away two free Champions and skins (Tristana and Alistar).
I have been playing since closed beta. At what point were there fewer 450 ip champs? U do realize all 450 champagne have been in the game since release... So no, you are either a stupid fanboy or a lying cockgobbler

Dreamscribe

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiblet Hunter View Post
I have been playing since closed beta. At what point were there fewer 450 ip champs? U do realize all 450 champagne have been in the game since release... So no, you are either a stupid fanboy or a lying cockgobbler
Annie, Poppy and Ryze weren't 450 IP until they had their IP costs reduce. In essence, Riot expanded the number of 450 IP Champions by 33%.

I know. I'm right there with you. Those evil, greedy...evil people! How dare they lure their players in with a selection of Champions that are powerful, fun, cheap to purchase and fill a variety of roles! Next thing you know, they'll get so greedy that one day they'll even reduce the price of someone like Tryndamere to 450 IP! I know, it's a scary future we have to look forward to. These reckless, irresponsible cretins think they can permanently reduce the price of powerful Champions for everyone willy nilly? NOT ON MY WATCH!

Jiblet Hunter

01-10-2012

History lesson for smartass. Annie poppy and ruse were 450 for 5 weeks after release. Riot then bumped up their prices only to announce that they were reducing the cost of these champs out of the goodness of their hearts a year and a half later.... To their origional price. Cockgobbler says what?

Dreamscribe

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiblet Hunter View Post
History lesson for smartass. Annie poppy and ruse were 450 for 5 weeks after release. Riot then bumped up their prices only to announce that they were reducing the cost of these champs out of the goodness of their hearts a year and a half later.... To their origional price. Cockgobbler says what?
I once punched out Alicia Silverstone in an alleyway while having a debate with a half-naked dwarf about the meaning of life.

Oh, I thought we were doing that thing where we make up a statement and not have the decency to cite any sort of proof. We are doing that, right? Did I win?

Also, just a glance at the launch date of League of Legends (October 27th, 2009) and the release date of Poppy (January 13th, 2010) makes your statement a complete fabrication. Even if we adjust for the extra three weeks, you're telling me that they released Poppy at 450 IP and then, inexplicably, raise her price after release to 1350 IP along with Annie and Ryze. Funny thing, I was playing during that time period. I joined just after they released Poppy. Ryze was still 1350 IP. So was Annie. Poppy's price never changed until they reduced it on September 9th, 2011.

Do you really want to continue?