What Computer Should I Buy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slggy

01-09-2012

Hey guys, just after a little bit of help, i will be buying a desktop computer within the next few weeks, i am just wondering what's a good comp to run LoL on high settings and get really good fps, i am willing to spend around the $2000 mark, cheers

Edit : I am from Australia, if use have any comp selling websites, can use tell me them as well, ill have a browse at them

Rasmorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

You'll want something with a pentium 4 processor, for maximum speed. If you can get a pentium 1 though all the better. The smaller something is, the faster it is in computer terms.

Also, shoot for 512mb of RAM, you need a lot of memory to play consistently.

Any motherboard integrated graphics card will do, but be sure to get a 20" monitor at the GREATEST. LoL won't run on large monitors.

The guy below me is trolling.

ASheepHurrDurr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15216051

GG

You'll have to know how to put it together, but it runs like a beast.

Jerkowski

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmorak View Post
You'll want something with a pentium 4 processor, for maximum speed. If you can get a pentium 1 though all the better. The smaller something is, the faster it is in computer terms.

Also, shoot for 512mb of RAM, you need a lot of memory to play consistently.

Any motherboard integrated graphics card will do, but be sure to get a 20" monitor at the GREATEST. LoL won't run on large monitors.
LOL.. genius man... im a ****** with computers and if I wasnt researching computers recently I wudnt know u were trolling.... btw my current comp is a pentium 4 with 512 MB of ram... playing LoL is sexy on it

edenechoes

01-09-2012

If the only thing you're playing is League of Legends, you won't need more than an ATI HD 6670. That should give you 60 FPS at 1920 x 1080 with everything on maximum settings. The question you should be asking isn't "what do I need to play League of Legends" but "what do I need to play everything else?"

Also, that wishlist is terrible.

Everything aside, having super powerful hardware is largely pointless because what you're always constrained by whatever monitor that you're using. About 25-30% of whatever you're spending on the computer should go back into the display panel. If you get a $1,000 USD computer then be prepared to spend at least $250 to $300 on a panel.

Pomf Pomf Pomf

01-09-2012

Build your own, my specs are 8GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB HDD (Hard drives are rising in price (Doubling) atm due to flooding in thailand, so maybe wait a bit to buy a computer) 6870 Radeon HD Sapphire Addition Graphics Card 800 Watt PSU, my motherboard is thee Sabertooth p67, which Looks sick ;D. mine is a bit overkill, I'd go no less then 4GB of RAM, 512 MB HDD, and compare graphics cards online imo, Newegg.com is a good place to buy parts. if you're not looking to build your own, then I don't give a **** what you buy because it's going to suck either way.

Orbitir

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL3tscher View Post
Build your own, my specs are 8GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB HDD (Hard drives are rising in price (Doubling) atm due to flooding in thailand, so maybe wait a bit to buy a computer) 6870 Radeon HD Sapphire Addition Graphics Card 800 Watt PSU, my motherboard is thee Sabertooth p67, which Looks sick ;D. mine is a bit overkill, I'd go no less then 4GB of RAM, 512 MB HDD, and compare graphics cards online imo, Newegg.com is a good place to buy parts. if you're not looking to build your own, then I don't give a **** what you buy because it's going to suck either way.
just saying that's not how flooding works

Pomf Pomf Pomf

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengedSevnfold View Post
Wait, what? how is that not how flooding works?

Rasmorak

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengedSevnfold View Post
No, Thailand is currently dealing with floods. Like water.

Loki213

01-09-2012

Two main questions.

Do you know how to build one? Cause it's much better than buying from a **** pc company which all are.

Do you have any resuable parts from another computer like monitor, keyboard etc?

For 2k you can buy parts online and make a pretty stronk machine that will run any game.