Testing anti-Yorick counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakinTheHeat

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVpmack View Post
I think the CDR Nasus build beats Yorick, but it doesn't really beat a lot of other people. That's my main problem with it.
The only champion who beats it all out is Cass. Everyone else stalemates at best. Lategame many of the stalemates turn into steamrolls.

It really is just counterpicking though. See Cass? Go Leblanc. See Yorick? ****stomp him with Cass/Nasus.

MVpmack

01-10-2012

I think Kassadin is a better counterpick to Cassio than LeBlanc imho, but I wouldn't run LeBlanc bottom.

One of my theories is that Cho can stalemate both Yorick and Cassio; he can't win against Cassio (she'll eventually push him to his turret) but he can probably hold the line against Yorick. The big thing is that Cho can stalemate Cassie at his turret for a very long time, and that makes an incoming gank from Leblanc or Kassadin or Talon really simple. Cho also helps ganks in that regard, since he can follow up a slow or snare with rupture, keep her chain silenced, and of course feast for tons of her hp.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunkuruji View Post
I believe our Akali went down and took care of Yorick at that point. Given her own spellvamp, and AoE flurry, I think she fared reasonably well at just executing him.
I'm not totally sure, but from all the experience i have with yorick, is that once he gets a FoN(which i ALWAYS get), is that he can even stand inside her shroud and trade blows with her. With her on the losing end. I'm pretty sure without it, it'd be very different. Add in a Triforce, and she'll only be shrouding to make sure she's getting away alive.

However, skill makes all the difference, and i can't claim the FoN is 100% akali-proofing for Yorick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinTheHeat
Lategame many of the stalemates turn into steamrolls.
Being a Yorick main, i've never really ran out of steam against others, so i assume you mean that the steamroll is in favor of yorick?

urmamasllama

01-11-2012

i recommend trying maokai vs yorick and seeing what you get

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

http://www.dominatedominion.com/wordpress/bottom-lane-counter-pick-list/

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
i recommend trying maokai vs yorick and seeing what you get
Yorick mains crying Maokai OP

MVpmack

01-11-2012

re: Akali

I personally think that a FoN every game is a waste. I just get Mercury + Spirit Visage and I can easily go blow-for-blow with Akali. She can hurt if Yorick is already pretty weakened, but most Akali players build paper defense so it's not hard to come out ahead in a dps fight. I think I'd have to be below half before I'd see her as a real problem.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Xerath I've found is a very effective counter-pick to Yorick bot. He outranges him by quite a lot and if Yorick wants to get in to harass with ghouls or whatever, then Xerath can easily stun him and walk away thanks to the increased haste from Locus of Power.

Not to mention Xerath's ult is on a pretty **** low cooldown and is absurdly powerful.