Testing anti-Yorick counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakinTheHeat

01-09-2012

I have never lost to a Yorick bot as Nasus. Not once! And that is what I play the majority of my games, Nasus bot.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/dominion-nasus-165064

That's my guide, its archived but it is updated frequently, and is up to date as of now.

MVpmack

01-09-2012

I think the CDR Nasus build beats Yorick, but it doesn't really beat a lot of other people. That's my main problem with it.

FetisPuncher

01-09-2012

i'm thinking any Nasus build beats Yorick.

Shaxtenn

01-09-2012

I'm not necessarily calling these two counters, but...

Nasus can farm up his Q on ghouls.

TF's passive grants 2 gold per ghoul (doesn't have to be TF in the lane).

These champs turn Yorick's strength, ghoul spam, into a weakness, because they profit from it, when there's usually no advantage to killing ghouls. Do any others?

Trundle's passive will grant him 0.7-2.1% (level 1-15) of Yorick's max health per ghoul that dies, whether he kills it or not (ghouls have 35% of Yorick's health, Decompose heals Trundle for 2-6% of the unit's max health).

Nunu can feast on ghouls. However Consume is his best pushing ability, and if he's blowing it on ghouls, the lane will quickly be pushed against him. Plus, Yorick's sustain negates Nunu's main strength, which is snowball harass.

Does Parrrley give GP bonus gold for executing ghouls?

Veigar can farm up his Q on ghouls. I'd imagine Veigar is a pretty bad matchup against Yorick though. He has a hard time on Dominion.

Anyone with a Tear who doesn't have untargeted spells can farm it up on ghouls. eg. Cass and Karthus can spam their Q without a target, but Ryze can't spam spells without targets, and Soraka needs enemies in range to spam Starcall.

brossef

01-09-2012

soraka is one of the best imo, if she gets some armor and a wota she can harras and sustain at the same time, and the silence really hurts yorick if he tries to fight just silence him she can also push harder because if yorick wants to push he has to get close to soraka and she just dumps starfall on him after stacking up it really starts to hurt him.

MVpmack

01-09-2012

One of the main reason I think Nasus beats Yorick is that Nasus can farm Q on ghouls. It's a big deal because Q hurts and every time Nasus auto > Q > autos a ghoul it makes things worse and worse. Combine that with lifesteal, strong push from Spirit Fire and you have a pretty big problem for Yorick. Early game Yorick might be able to push Nasus out but as the game drags on, even 10 minutes in Nasus will be winning, period.

As for GP, Parrley does give GP bonus gold, but GP cannot stay in lane against Yorick. Yorick zones him out with ghouls, uses Q to push the lane and if GP moves in to push the lane at all Yorick pokes him with W and chases. GP is a really bad choice and if Yorick is losing to it, it's not that GP is a counter, it's that Yorick is being played badly.

As for Soraka, it's mostly about landing that defensive Infuse right as Yorick is trying to poke. Once there, Soraka can get pretty aggressive with Starcall and it's bad for Yorick. It's a lot more even than Cassie vs. Yorick (where Cassie just steamrolls him) but being forced out because you need to wait out 3-4 Starcall stacks is... rough.

I think Sivir is also a problem if she has some lifesteal. Even just Prospector's lets her break ghouls down pretty easily with auto > W > auto and it helps push the lane. She can also push the lane normally without getting into melee and BB also helps push the lane a lot. It goes without saying that if Yorick gets hit by BB enough times, Sivir can just ult and rush him; if he ults she kills him anyway and runs away afterwards.

The key to beating Yorick overall is pushing the lane better than him without dying in the process. It's just hard not to die to him because his poking is so strong.

Whi

01-09-2012

As long as you have Area spells/with burst, you can beat the **** out of Yorick.

Sir Headless VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

I have played alot of games and I really have never found yorick to be that troublesome. What exactly is it about him that is supposed to make him so good? (I am not being sarcastic that is a serious question)

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Yorick is annoying when he summons ghouls inside a brush whilst you brush
Yorick is strong in lane, no doubt

But yes, Yorick is beatable, and i generally pick Sivir to fight Yorick, taking smite and exhaust
Sanguine blade is first item for me, with boot2

Stimuz

01-10-2012

His ult is really what really tips his kit over to the imba side. Especially the scaling of it each rank.