Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

Aside from Kog'Maw, what other champions are effective at laning against Caitlyn?

n00boxular

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2012

Do irelia and renekton still count as being viable? Do they have the xin effect (Scaling horribly late game)?

Does victor do good against extremely good mids (Currently, ziggs, morg, kass and such)?

ExecutionerK

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaltron View Post
Aside from Kog'Maw, what other champions are effective at laning against Caitlyn?
Ranged ad wise, MF will be the best against Caitlyn if you are going to play agressive with a support such as taric. (aside from kog)

However, the best counter to Caitlyn will be putting a bruiser at bottom lane. Pantheon, Malphite, and Lee sin can beat most ranged ad + support bottom.

ExecutionerK

04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Do irelia and renekton still count as being viable? Do they have the xin effect (Scaling horribly late game)?

Does victor do good against extremely good mids (Currently, ziggs, morg, kass and such)?
Irelia's passive is too bad that it is really difficult to say she is viable, however, Renekton is still on the scene, not only he is viable, but he is a strong solo top pick that shines really well against most of the solo top.

Victor's damage is not that low, and his dps is relatively strong for a bursty mage as well.
He will have a difficult time against Kass but he can definitively have a good fight with all the other AP mid.

Shadoburst

04-16-2012

I was wondering if you could give me some tips about about how to deal with counter junglers. I played as Nocturne the other day and got my jungle wrecked by an Udyr. I tried to ping to get help when I came across him but my team didn't want to leave lane. By the time I warded my buffs he was pretty out of control.

Should I be playing a different champ against him? I have been working on jungling trundle.

Essentially I was just wondering how to recover from that.

Ruffio

04-17-2012

This thread is amazing. I think you deserve many RPs for this!

Anyways, I have a few questions:

1) Usually I dominate AP Mid ( Ryze) and get a few early kills and manage to destroy tower, but for some reason I can never finish the game strong. Also, is it possible to farm good with Ryze? I find it utterly impossible to get a high cs.

2) Who is the best jungler in the game?

3) Is there a counter to Lee Sin? The other day I played Nocturne, and Lee Sin just seem to dominate me in every aspect. Soon as I reached lv 2, he was already killing my teammates and counter jungling. He just seems to be more powerful than Nocturne =/

4) Do you feel that practice games vs a.i bot will actually help improve your overall skill to achieve high elo in ranked? Or is it pointless? Any suggestions in regard to this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Merqurial

04-17-2012

I want to become a much more rounded player, but it seems hard to gain experience with various roles because when I play normal draft pick I win lane easily, but when I play ranked I get utterly destroyed. What can I do to close the skill gap without completely throwing my elo away?

ExecutionerK

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoburst View Post
I was wondering if you could give me some tips about about how to deal with counter junglers. I played as Nocturne the other day and got my jungle wrecked by an Udyr. I tried to ping to get help when I came across him but my team didn't want to leave lane. By the time I warded my buffs he was pretty out of control.

Should I be playing a different champ against him? I have been working on jungling trundle.

Essentially I was just wondering how to recover from that.
It is hard to get help from random. However, you should start taking jungle timer. Generally speaking most jungler will finish blue buff by 2:10 if they had a leash, so that you can start predicting his location if he doesn't gank. Always leash the buff into the bush so that you have clear vision while the enemy doesn't, and save smite so that the enemy cannot steal it.

ExecutionerK

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffio View Post
This thread is amazing. I think you deserve many RPs for this!

Anyways, I have a few questions:

1) Usually I dominate AP Mid ( Ryze) and get a few early kills and manage to destroy tower, but for some reason I can never finish the game strong. Also, is it possible to farm good with Ryze? I find it utterly impossible to get a high cs.

2) Who is the best jungler in the game?

3) Is there a counter to Lee Sin? The other day I played Nocturne, and Lee Sin just seem to dominate me in every aspect. Soon as I reached lv 2, he was already killing my teammates and counter jungling. He just seems to be more powerful than Nocturne =/

4) Do you feel that practice games vs a.i bot will actually help improve your overall skill to achieve high elo in ranked? Or is it pointless? Any suggestions in regard to this issue?

Thanks in advance!
1. Ryze's early cs sucks due to his AD and AS ratio, forcing him to use some skill to get CS but still really difficult to get perfect cs score.
However, it is fine, you don't have to have perfect CS score, you will become a strong tanky mage that can sustain in a fight.

2. There is no best jungler, but strong junglers, which includes Warwick, Lee Sin, Shyvana, Trundle and more.

3. That is not true, Trundle can counter Lee sin really well. Lee sin is an aggressive early game jungler, so that if you tell your team to becareful, there is no way he will get fed, and nocturne will be much more useful.

4. Bot games suck

ExecutionerK

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Benkei View Post
I want to become a much more rounded player, but it seems hard to gain experience with various roles because when I play normal draft pick I win lane easily, but when I play ranked I get utterly destroyed. What can I do to close the skill gap without completely throwing my elo away?
Premade ranked =]

You can always start a new team and erase all the ELO, the only problem is that you will need 4 other people to do it with you.