Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly Inc View Post
I took a gamble on Executioners Calling against WW. It really choked down his healing but it didn't do anything to slow his actual damage output. Should I have built something else first? or is EC just not worth the time?
Executioners' call is a strong item if warwick is using his abilities to sustain in lane, but it is not a strong item for shutting him down

Either get more damage so he can't heal out of the damage or calling for a gank is much better choice.

**EC is worth it if the enemy have heavy healing champions, which includes WW, AD sion, Mundo, and sometime Olaf, it is also worth getting if enemy have evelyn and twitch, both cannot go into stealth due to the EC damage.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Manco View Post
I love playing AD carries. I am fairly successful with them but I noticed the one sure-fire way to shut me down is when I face a competent bruiser who dives. When I am dived by one I try to kite them away but that results in my team having no dps and losing. What is the best option in this case? I suspect I should just take the hits and do what dps to their carries I can before I go down.
That is when support and your team should help you, the best way for AD carries to be built is glass cannon, and make up the differences by position, protection, and crowd control abilities.

Kiting a bruiser shouldn't be such a big problem for your team's dps, when that happens, your team either go dive the enemy carry or they should protect you, in other words, it seems like your team doesn't have the right concept on protecting or diving yet.

***While kiting, remember to turn and shoot every second after you move, do some damage as he is chasing you so that he will fall faster, and then you can turn back and fight the rest of their team (Tryndamere as a rare exception, usually you don't need to keep hitting him after he uses his ultimate, just let your team to handle it if possible.)

Meazy

03-14-2012

Cool man. I did a little searching and going back to the Shen question, Alot of times I build like this

HoG-> boots (1) -> phage OR start warmog depending on how much cash I have back

That takes up 3x slots right there which in the end will be randuins, merc treads and either frozen mallet or warmogs.

Now throw in an aegis (slot 4) and guardian angel for some MR (slot 5). And I kinda have a flex slot.

The item I was referring to least post was the ionic spark. Is this viable on Shen? If I combine it w/ frozen mallet I have 2x "offensive" items, is that too much if I'm going pure tank?

I normally go 9/21/0 with AS marks, armor yellow, MR/lev blues and I forget what quints, maybe energy regen/level.

I'm thinking of revising to include an atmas w/ warmogs so I guess I'm looking at 1 of 2 builds..

boots, randuins, guardian angel, aegis, warmogs , atmas

OR

boots, randuins, guardian angel, aegis, frozen mallet, and ???

By the way, this is a pretty cool thread and thanks for doing this - pretty nice of you. Thanks.

ExecutionerKen

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meazy View Post
Cool man. I did a little searching and going back to the Shen question, Alot of times I build like this

HoG-> boots (1) -> phage OR start warmog depending on how much cash I have back

That takes up 3x slots right there which in the end will be randuins, merc treads and either frozen mallet or warmogs.

Now throw in an aegis (slot 4) and guardian angel for some MR (slot 5). And I kinda have a flex slot.

The item I was referring to least post was the ionic spark. Is this viable on Shen? If I combine it w/ frozen mallet I have 2x "offensive" items, is that too much if I'm going pure tank?

I normally go 9/21/0 with AS marks, armor yellow, MR/lev blues and I forget what quints, maybe energy regen/level.

I'm thinking of revising to include an atmas w/ warmogs so I guess I'm looking at 1 of 2 builds..

boots, randuins, guardian angel, aegis, warmogs , atmas

OR

boots, randuins, guardian angel, aegis, frozen mallet, and ???

By the way, this is a pretty cool thread and thanks for doing this - pretty nice of you. Thanks.
I know you are talking about ionic sparks, the problem with that item is that it provides you so little hp that it is usually not worth it.

The other fact is that it is an end tier item (something I refer to that cannot build into any other item), meaning that item either helps you a lot during mid game or it must remain useful late game.

So in conclusion, with so little health that it provides, a Wit's End is a much better choice, because it gives great MR(up to 50) and attack speed just like ionic sparks does. It also fit into your build easier as you tends to have high amount of HP from building Frozen Mallet or Warmog, allow you to have a better effective hp overall.

Both builds are looking fine to me, I will personally prefer mercury thread in most cases unless the enemy is really physical damage heavy then you can get ninja tabi, the reason is that your build have a lot of armor already, and some MR with decreases enemy CC duration always help.

However, I might not consider buying GA, you are already so tanky that you might want some more damage, either more in term of physical damage, or sticking in a Rylai for the slow + damage on Vapor Blade, and increases the strength of your spells might be more worthwhile, but hell, this build is really expensive to finish, usually you can't get it in most games.

Edit: Thanks and if you want to support me, feel free to use my referral link to create an account and get to level 5, best help that I can use =D

LarcyBrown

03-17-2012

question about yorick, his q does procs on hit effects right? all the ghouls would proc frozen mallet effect when summoned, i heard all pets do that nowdays anyways
also the 10% reduce damage on ninja tabi does stack with the 20% reduce damage when all 4 ghouls up right?

ExecutionerKen

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larc58 View Post
question about yorick, his q does procs on hit effects right? all the ghouls would proc frozen mallet effect when summoned, i heard all pets do that nowdays anyways
also the 10% reduce damage on ninja tabi does stack with the 20% reduce damage when all 4 ghouls up right?
The Q procs all on hit effects, but I believe that ghouls don't apply them, even though armor pen. work on them

The 10% physical damage reduction on normal attack does stack with the 20% reduce damage when all 4 ghouls are up, yes.

(double checking on the ghouls' on-hit effect part)

Edit: Yes, the ghouls don't proc on-hit effect.

LarcyBrown

03-17-2012

they dun proc on hit effect but i think they would still proc frozen mallet tough right?

ExecutionerKen

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larc58 View Post
they dun proc on hit effect but i think they would still proc frozen mallet tough right?
No

Kyrim

03-17-2012

Ok, so this is just a JW question but it seems to me that alot of times in the tournament games you see the AD carry having the most kills, is this because they are the most fed most damage or is it because the teams are purposely trying to give the kills to the carry so their lategame will be that much better? Or am I just crazy...

ExecutionerKen

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrim View Post
Ok, so this is just a JW question but it seems to me that alot of times in the tournament games you see the AD carry having the most kills, is this because they are the most fed most damage or is it because the teams are purposely trying to give the kills to the carry so their lategame will be that much better? Or am I just crazy...
It is a bit of both, good teams will usually give the AD carry or the AP carry the farm and the kills when they can, and when the carries are playing correctly, they are suppose to have most kills due to well-farmed item and damage.