Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evisiqued

03-05-2012

I like to do damage but use ability that you just target the enemy with. What might be a good character for me?

ExecutionerK

03-05-2012

Quote:
Evisiqued:
I like to do damage but use ability that you just target the enemy with. What might be a good character for me?

Ryze

Need to practice smartcast though

D4rkSt0rm

03-05-2012

Quote:
ExecutionerKen:
Eventually you will need to remember all the counters, but to start off you can define them as DPS, AoE, and CC heavy characters

So I'm guessing that CC heavy > DPS > Aoe > CC heavy? How exactly should this define counterpicking? I also downloaded the spreadsheet. Great sheet, too bad its only updated to Xerath (Lee Sin's only counter is to ban him, lol).

Thanks again for such a speedy reply.

ExecutionerK

03-05-2012

Quote:
R3dSt0rm:
So I'm guessing that CC heavy > DPS > Aoe > CC heavy? How exactly should this define counterpicking? I also downloaded the spreadsheet. Great sheet, too bad its only updated to Xerath (Lee Sin's only counter is to ban him, lol).

Thanks again for such a speedy reply.

CC heavy = you will need a more tanky character/ Burst them down before they land cc
DPS = You want to burst them down or CC them
AoE = You want champion that can counter AoE effectively, such as Janna or Gragas

Richard Lazer

03-06-2012

how should i build my gailo i have been build him ap heavy and i start with and angles staff (which is awesome at the start the\n gets useless) so hwat should i do

DMPuffy

03-06-2012

Quote:
Richard Lazer:
how should i build my gailo i have been build him ap heavy and i start with and angles staff (which is awesome at the start the\n gets useless) so hwat should i do

He has massive mana regen problems, and his AP scales off of MR. You want to buy a Chalice and Catalyst early game, and then move onto building Abyssal Scepter(core), Rod of Ages, Deathcap, Void Staff, Banshees Veil(core), Quicksilver Sash, or some armor (Hourglass maybe) if you need it. These are all good items on him, and you should build them situationally.

ExecutionerK

03-06-2012

Quote:
Stonards:
He has massive mana regen problems, and his AP scales off of MR. You want to buy a Chalice and Catalyst early game, and then move onto building Abyssal Scepter(core), Rod of Ages, Deathcap, Void Staff, Banshees Veil(core), Quicksilver Sash, or some armor (Hourglass maybe) if you need it. These are all good items on him, and you should build them situationally.

Chalice and Banshee are core, then maybe mercury tread, anything else can be bought depend on situation.

TheGoldenRebel

03-06-2012

Quote:
ExecutionerKen:
From my experience, there are 3 major ways to build blitz

1. Tanky dps, Obvious one, you build triforce and tanky items

2. AP burst mage. Using his AP ratio to the advantage, often build a lich bane as well, offers A LOT OF BURST with ultimate in a team fight, and usually use mana shield to tank most of the damage, yet still pretty squishy

3. Support Blitz. Using some tanky item and gp10 items to make up the gold that is needed, a really aggressive support at bottom lane.

If you are going support blitz, build a philo's stone, then boot, then HoG or a sheen for more damage, after that, any item is possible (Frozen heart is good if the enemy is AD heavy, etc.)

Tear is usually not needed, as support blitz have a hard time to stack it up, and philo's stone should be build earlier, meaning tear going to delay it by a bit.

Well i thought that tear would increase his mana shield, and then archangel to make spells do a bit more damage mainly because his ult has such a fast cd and it scales off of ap, i thought that ap would help in team fights alot.

Also, i was thinking, would force of nature be a good item? because mr and ms are helpful for blitz, and every champ could use some hp regen :P

And what are the skill orders after 6? because i don't know what to max first, my w(ms + as bonus) or e(the power fist) because obviously the grab is first one to max

Thanks for all your help

ExecutionerK

03-06-2012

Quote:
Randy 0rton:
Well i thought that tear would increase his mana shield, and then archangel to make spells do a bit more damage mainly because his ult has such a fast cd and it scales off of ap, i thought that ap would help in team fights alot.

Also, i was thinking, would force of nature be a good item? because mr and ms are helpful for blitz, and every champ could use some hp regen :P

And what are the skill orders after 6? because i don't know what to max first, my w(ms + as bonus) or e(the power fist) because obviously the grab is first.

Thanks for all your help

Once again, my skill order is different

I max E then W and finally Q, just getting one point early in Q for the grab

The reason for this is because Q's cooldown is at 20 seconds at level 1, as you level it up, it does more damage and reduce cooldown by 1 second for each rank, meaning at level 5 it is only 16 seconds, however, if I max out my punch, I can have a knock up for every 5 seconds, and it offers a lot of damage, making my blitz to have more cc during the time that is needed.

Sunbabies

03-06-2012

I'd like some tips on jungling. I mainly play support, which i'm pretty good at, and I also mid occasionally.
BUT, I know that you can't always play the same thing over and over while working with a team. Especially if someone else takes support and mid. I've noticed lately one thing a lot of people don't wanna go jungling, and i've observed friends play junglers so it looks kinda fun.

Who is a good jungler to start out with?
Who are the overall easy junglers?
and any tips that could be provided on these junglers or others is all helpful.

Thanks c: