Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Richard Lazer

03-05-2012

what is the fastest way to level to 30 ar atleast how you did it

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
It is fine to have huge load of assist for Xerath, different from Cass or Ryze, as these two champions are famous for their amazing DPS in a team fight, if they are not getting the kills, most of the time they are not doing enough damage or they are just doing really awful compare to the ranged AD (Assuming mid to late game, before ranged AD is the biggest output)
Alright, thanks

But I'd still like to know if anyone has any advice regarding items for Xerath, and also regarding Morello's Evil Tome on him.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorHammerz View Post
Alright, thanks

But I'd still like to know if anyone has any advice regarding items for Xerath, and also regarding Morello's Evil Tome on him.
Morello's evil tome is a good item on him ONLY if you have no access to the blue buff

Otherwise, Boot + 2 doran, then straight to deathcap is usually stronger with more damage.

ExecutionerK

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lazer View Post
You play games, trololol

Just avoid playing cutsom or against AI, playing normal game is a needed process for you to practice your skills, so that you can be prepared for ranked.

Sokolniki

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lazer View Post
Find an AP or AD Carry you can really get into and go into the normal games, they aren't nearly as disadvantaged in Solo Queues as the other roles with a lack of role related runes like you see with Tanks/Bruisers, Supports and Junglers. Then Queue up for normal games until your arms fall off. If you want to do it REALLY fast, you can pay riot points for the x2 XP, but that seems a waste to me.

D4rkSt0rm

03-05-2012

Several questions:

What is a good general way to figure out counterpicking other than using sites like lolpro? I remember reading once there for top lane specifically there were really three types of champs... single target, poke, and area of effect and each one countered another (or something to that effect). Is there some sort of method I should be using or should I just study up on all 90-some champions and remember individual counters?

As an Ahri main, it's discouraging to see lots of people rage when I get kills in game. I feel like Ahri's movespeed makes her an easy target after she burns her ult and is easily counterable by beefy teams despite her high amount of burst and mobility when she ults. Do you see an Ahri nerf any time soon (totally opinionated on your part, i know), and do you see Ahri bans a lot in gold/diamond? I would prefer to get good with champions that are relatively stable.

Also, if absolutely necessary to support, which support is most useful to team comp throughout the game?

aphronyaa

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dSt0rm View Post
Several questions:

What is a good general way to figure out counterpicking other than using sites like lolpro?
- You can find a counterpick spreadsheet, there are a few around on the forums, or you can use your brain. For example, I'm picking the most obvious one I can think of right now: There's an Akali going top. You know this and you are top yourself, how do you counter her?
Think that:
1: She's weak pre-6.
2: She relies on her shroud to zone and/or get away.
3: Low hp with small sustain and only a flash to get away.
4: Beats Squishies.

So the assumption is: Send someone strong early. Even better if they're strong mid as well. Send somebody who can reveal stealthed units. Send somebody with built in sustain and escapes and one who can survive more than two rounds of her burst.

Answer? Lee Sin. You just have to go through this sort of process against any other laner, however some champions you can't necessarily 'counter'. Yorick comes to mind.

As an Ahri main, it's discouraging to see lots of people rage when I get kills in game. I feel like Ahri's movespeed makes her an easy target after she burns her ult and is easily counterable by beefy teams despite her high amount of burst and mobility when she ults. Do you see an Ahri nerf any time soon (totally opinionated on your part, i know), and do you see Ahri bans a lot in gold/diamond? I would prefer to get good with champions that are relatively stable.
- Ahri was banned a lot at higher ELO's on streams, mainly due to her ability to not be ganked, kite and escape/chase very well.
There's been a ton of Ahri nerfs recently, why would you think there would be more?

Also, if absolutely necessary to support, which support is most useful to team comp throughout the game?
- There isn't an answer to your question: Each support brings their own to the table.
If your team has strong commitment to a fight, but little retreat methods, and your bot lane is versing a relatively easy lane; IE: Caitlyn Sona, and your team-mate has Ashe, you can pit Janna in there because her passive, CC and disengage methods are astounding (As well as Ashe - granted both of you know how to handle your lane)

On another note, if your team is relatively balanced and Sona is up and you have a strong laner; IE: Graves/Sivir as well as a nice amount of CC, pick her up as her ult can change a teamfight instantaneously.

In some cases, you may just need a heal bot because your partner is just that bad/will get destroyed (Maybe a kill lane) so Soraka would be a good choice.
You also have to factor in the enemy team itself, however early game is still just as important.

TheGoldenRebel

03-05-2012

I just got blitz and played 2 games and won both of them! :P

But i wasn't sure about my build (im going support) i felt that tear of goddess was necessary for blitz but i wasn't sure if i needed manamune or archangel, the 2nd game, i was leaning towards archangel because his grab and ult scaled off of ap.

So far its, mercury treads,(first item-->) tear of goddess(later archangel) frozen heart, i didn't get any farther in the game, i was guessing tanky items like warmogs or force of nature.

ExecutionerK

03-05-2012

All in quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dSt0rm View Post
Several questions:

What is a good general way to figure out counterpicking other than using sites like lolpro? I remember reading once there for top lane specifically there were really three types of champs... single target, poke, and area of effect and each one countered another (or something to that effect). Is there some sort of method I should be using or should I just study up on all 90-some champions and remember individual counters?
Eventually you will need to remember all the counters, but to start off you can define them as DPS, AoE, and CC heavy characters

Ahri is indeed a good champion, while not often ban in gold/plat ranked, she is a common ban in premade team, due to her amazing mobility, and really difficult to shut down once she snowballs up. There shouldn't be any Ahri nerf coming soon, although her fox fire might take a hit as right now every fire is count as a single target spell, and have a 35% slow with rylai.

It is depend on the team comp, if the enemy have heavy burst team, a Soraka can make wonder with the heals, if the enemy is heavy on AoE damage, Maokai jungle or support is viable as it reduces a lot of damage, then Alistar support is really good for a team comp that lack CC/ need more, and finally Sona have amazing support auras

ExecutionerK

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy 0rton View Post
I just got blitz and played 2 games and won both of them! :P

But i wasn't sure about my build (im going support) i felt that tear of goddess was necessary for blitz but i wasn't sure if i needed manamune or archangel, the 2nd game, i was leaning towards archangel because his grab and ult scaled off of ap.

So far its, mercury treads,(first item-->) tear of goddess(later archangel) frozen heart, i didn't get any farther in the game, i was guessing tanky items like warmogs or force of nature.
From my experience, there are 3 major ways to build blitz

1. Tanky dps, Obvious one, you build triforce and tanky items

2. AP burst mage. Using his AP ratio to the advantage, often build a lich bane as well, offers A LOT OF BURST with ultimate in a team fight, and usually use mana shield to tank most of the damage, yet still pretty squishy

3. Support Blitz. Using some tanky item and gp10 items to make up the gold that is needed, a really aggressive support at bottom lane.

If you are going support blitz, build a philo's stone, then boot, then HoG or a sheen for more damage, after that, any item is possible (Frozen heart is good if the enemy is AD heavy, etc.)

Tear is usually not needed, as support blitz have a hard time to stack it up, and philo's stone should be build earlier, meaning tear going to delay it by a bit.