Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

03-05-2012

Only bump of the day.

Covaxe

03-05-2012

I'm stuck at the 900 elo range, I feel I do as well as I can with my champion, really good shield timing, ult usage and constantly warding and denying wards but I'm losing as much as I win. I'm looking for an edge and maybe it's getting dragon more consistently? When is a good time to kill dragon early on and how do I go about getting my team to kill it?

ExecutionerK

03-05-2012

Quote:
Covaxe:
I'm stuck at the 900 elo range, I feel I do as well as I can with my champion, really good shield timing, ult usage and constantly warding and denying wards but I'm losing as much as I win. I'm looking for an edge and maybe it's getting dragon more consistently? When is a good time to kill dragon early on and how do I go about getting my team to kill it?

give me 15 minutes, I am at school right now and it is about to end

The timing for killing dragon is usually when the enemy is low to contest, or dead, or they are out of position (for example, enemy jungler just ganked top, while your jungler is at the dragon)

Covaxe

03-05-2012

No problem, didn't think I'd get a response for a long while.

ExecutionerK

03-05-2012

Quote:
Covaxe:
No problem, didn't think I'd get a response for a long while.

Just went over your build, it seems to me that you are playing AP janna, am I correct?

AP Janna's true power is early game, where her shield blocks most of the enemy harass and Janna can still fight with her Q and W, they are both excellent crowd control and damage skill. Her shield also allow her to have amazing autoattack harass compare to most AP mid.

However, AP janna falls off at late game REALLY HARD, especially the fact that W's range is short and Q is the only damage skill that she will probably be able to pull off safety (assuming enemy have gap closer) you probably want to switch to other champions.

Edit: If you are playing support Janna, then your build is just totally wrong

Covaxe

03-05-2012

I play support Janna. My Q and W are used almost exclusively for their CC and the AP is to get more use out of my shield and ult. I open with faerie charm wards and health potions into gold per 10 items followed by an RoA, rarely do I have enough cash for anything passed that. What should I be getting instead of these items? I feel I'm strapped for gold as it is already and I'm rarely dying. When I do die it's usually because I was chasing around an ally trying to keep them alive which leaves me in a bad spot to die regardless of my defensive stats. So I don't feel I need MR or armor items which tend to have most of the auras.

Should I not get RoA (I really like the HP I get from it, it feels like the perfect amount) and instead get Zeke's Herald? It'd let me swap out my (extremely late game) deathgrasp as well as I would not longer be in need of it's CDR

ExecutionerK

03-05-2012

Quote:
Covaxe:
I play support Janna. My Q and W are used almost exclusively for their CC and the AP is to get more use out of my shield and ult. I open with faerie charm wards and health potions into gold per 10 items followed by an RoA, rarely do I have enough cash for anything passed that. What should I be getting instead of these items? I feel I'm strapped for gold as it is already and I'm rarely dying. When I do die it's usually because I was chasing around an ally trying to keep them alive which leaves me in a bad spot to die regardless of my defensive stats. So I don't feel I need MR or armor items which tend to have most of the auras.

Should I not get RoA (I really like the HP I get from it, it feels like the perfect amount) and instead get Zeke's Herald? It'd let me swap out my (extremely late game) deathgrasp as well as I would not longer be in need of it's CDR

You shouldn't try to build a RoA on a support Janna, go with Pho's stone, Boot, HoG, so that you have stable income but not Kage's lucky pick, as it cannot build into anything useful (DFG is a really bad choice, as you can put the less money into buying a shurelya) Aegis if you still have the money for it, then you can buy depend on enemy team

Heavy AD? Turn the HoG into a Randuin
Heavy AP? Build a banshee.

From what you said, you should be warding just fine, but this slideshow might still help you. http://leagueoflegendhelp.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=12974035

just view it as a slideshow

ZBuZ

03-05-2012

Quote:
ExecutionerKen:
There is a list, but it is more like common knowledge

Example: Ryze counters Sion due to the range.

can you link me to the list?

ExecutionerK

03-05-2012

Quote:
LoveMaria:
can you link me to the list?

There is no official list, but there were a few that were made by players.

Most of them are inaccurate however, you might want to google it up as I remember some players put it up on Google doc.

Covaxe

03-05-2012

I used to go pho stone boots and HoG but I never had the cash to build shurelia's ever, after like 20 games I hadn't been able to build anything after my RoA so I decided to scrap trying to get shurelia's and instead get kage's as it seemed more useful than HoG because I was never in need of HP and I could build it into something to still get my 40% CDR which saves me money that I'd lose from selling HoG. The aegis's aura doesn't seem that great, I like using it on a support or jungler who I am making a bit tankier but my Janna is usually safe which is also why I don't feel the need to get randuin or banshee.

But if you're sure I shouldn't be getting a deathgrasp and Kage's which type of rune (besides seals) should I use to make up for the lost 5% CDR if I get a soul shroud instead of Zeke's?

And my ward placement is solid, I've used all of those locations or better locations.