Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

03-02-2012

Is it safe to say that the best way to win is simply to pick an over-powered, overly tanky team? (IE, Blitz, Poppy, Brand with health/magic items, etc..). Because I'm pretty sure that's how the game is fought when I play ranked.

Richard Lazer

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
What makes Rumble so good, and so highly revered? I hear a lot about him and how he's a great pick, one of the strongest champs in the game, etc.

I have quite a bit of ip available, and I'm starting to reconsider if I want to spend it on a jungler (Alistar/Maokai) or if I should give Rumble a try. Thanks
amumu or trundle are a good jungle pick

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Necrosis View Post
Is it safe to say that the best way to win is simply to pick an over-powered, overly tanky team? (IE, Blitz, Poppy, Brand with health/magic items, etc..). Because I'm pretty sure that's how the game is fought when I play ranked.
That is the "easy" way to win, which doesn't work on higher level of game play. Pretty much every single high ELO players know how to form a team that is balance in damage and crowd-control with the ability to tank.

Also, there is no "over-powered" champion or team, however, there are champions that can counter a lot of other champions, making them seem to be "OP" but they are not (Example such as Kassadin against all AP mage, but he can get shut down by ranged DPS)

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lazer View Post
amumu or trundle are a good jungle pick
Amumu gets counter jungle too hard in the current meta, unless you know the enemy picked something such as Maokai that will rarely counter jungle, I do not recommend him.

Trundle on the other hand is amazing at every aspect, his pillar is a really good ganking tool, his skill set also make him jungle really fast and safe.

CaptainScrubberz

03-02-2012

Speaking about counter jungling can you give me some tips on it? like when it's a good time etc.

ExecutionerK

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subberz View Post
Speaking about counter jungling can you give me some tips on it? like when it's a good time etc.
General timer: 7:10 at enemy buff.

For example, if it is an amumu or maokai, get to their blue buff by 7:10 so that you can steal it quick
or if it is Lee Sin, You go to red buff at 7:10 so that you can steal it.

Other general timer includes 2:20 for enemy to do wraith camp, ~ 2:50 to counter enemy red buff (if they started from blue buff)

When to counter jungle: When you have a good strong 1v1 champion in the jungle, someone who can take a creep fast, someone who can escape from the fight fast. Aka. Mobility, sustain, SPEED.

DMPuffy

03-03-2012

Quote:
When to counter jungle: When you have a good strong 1v1 champion in the jungle, someone who can take a creep fast, someone who can escape from the fight fast. Aka. Mobility, sustain, SPEED.
For example, Shyvana the queen of counter jungling. Go in, take wraiths, take red, take golems, leave 1 minion behind in each camp, and get back to lane before you lose more than 3 CS. Just don't get caught, and use wards/wriggles to make sure you don't. If you do get caught, dragon over the wall into baron or river, and W away with your OP speed boost.

CaptainScrubberz

03-03-2012

Should counterjungling be a priority over your own jungle?

Richard Lazer

03-03-2012

What skill should max fist for amumu jungle (i know to start with W) also batter shurelya's or ramdumans omen

ExecutionerK

03-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subberz View Post
Should counterjungling be a priority over your own jungle?
Depend, the point of counter jungle is to harm the enemy without harming yourself

If you can make sure that the enemy doesn't go into your jungle while you are counter jungling him, then you should be fine.

The biggest indication usually you can have is the previous gank by the enemy jungler, for example, if you had taken your red buff, and the enemy jungler are at the bottom ganking, it means that you can pretty much freely counter jungle his upper jungle.