Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S B

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Good on paper but not recommending.

Janna has good CC but the fact that none of her skills can scale with AD makes her a sad lady.

Now...if she have ad ratio..it is different XD
LOL this makes me want to try it out at solo top, a slow, a knockup, and a knockback, what more could be a jungler's ganking dream? She already has fast movespeed, along with a phantom dancer then no one would be able to catch her, just move and attack lol I think it might work!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
LOL this makes me want to try it out at solo top, a slow, a knockup, and a knockback, what more could be a jungler's ganking dream? She already has fast movespeed, along with a phantom dancer then no one would be able to catch her, just move and attack lol I think it might work!
You would be better off as AP Janna up top, and YES, Janna is close to impossible to gank, on par with Morgana.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMPuffy

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
You would be better off as AP Janna up top, and YES, Janna is close to impossible to gank, on par with Morgana.
Speaking of which... I've been playing AP Janna recently. Would you say W is better to max first for single target reliable damage, or Q for lane pushing and roaming?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brandon Heat

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Hello.

I have recently been playing a lot of Udyr and wish to know more about characters that have a strong presence throughout the entire game, preferably characters with strong CC.

Could you give me a list of a few characters that can dominate mid and late game?

I do a lot of jungling and watch a lot of videos on jungling routes and practice counter jungling with Udyr a lot. I play a decent Skarner and am learning more about Lee Sin. I personally cannot play Lee Sin to great potential like most people do. What advice do you have on him?

In a hypothetical situation where you are laning and having a hard time, lets say that within the time span of 10-18 minutes you aren't doing great with a death or three, what do you do to turn this around?

Thank you in advance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonards View Post
Speaking of which... I've been playing AP Janna recently. Would you say W is better to max first for single target reliable damage, or Q for lane pushing and roaming?
Usually W, since it is much more reliable compare to Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Heat View Post
Hello.

I have recently been playing a lot of Udyr and wish to know more about characters that have a strong presence throughout the entire game, preferably characters with strong CC.

Could you give me a list of a few characters that can dominate mid and late game?

I do a lot of jungling and watch a lot of videos on jungling routes and practice counter jungling with Udyr a lot. I play a decent Skarner and am learning more about Lee Sin. I personally cannot play Lee Sin to great potential like most people do. What advice do you have on him?

In a hypothetical situation where you are laning and having a hard time, lets say that within the time span of 10-18 minutes you aren't doing great with a death or three, what do you do to turn this around?

Thank you in advance.
1. Shyvana, Warwick, Riven all have good mid and late game

2. Learn to use smartcast on everything, especially on putting wards and smartcast to jump on it, it is a must-have skill. (Also, remember to bring a ward with him 24/7)

3. Usually by the time you die about 3 times, there is no way you can turtle this out as the enemy will just turret dive you.
Either ask for help from jungler and other lanes, or give up a turret to freeze minion will be a decent choice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S B

Senior Member

03-02-2012

OK scratch that AD Janna lol, let me turn over to a more serious AD carry.

When building Miss Fortune, I know a lot of arguments say don't build an Infinity Edge on her because her Double Up can't crit. what do you think of this? Are there other items that would outweigh the Infinity Edge, or maybe even the Inifinity Edge / Phantom Dancer combo on her?

Also, I hear black cleaver is pretty good on her, does it Double Up proc the black cleaver? If if I decide to buy it, it should be the first item finished after a few Doran blades right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
OK scratch that AD Janna lol, let me turn over to a more serious AD carry.

When building Miss Fortune, I know a lot of arguments say don't build an Infinity Edge on her because her Double Up can't crit. what do you think of this? Are there other items that would outweigh the Infinity Edge, or maybe even the Inifinity Edge / Phantom Dancer combo on her?

Also, I hear black cleaver is pretty good on her, does it Double Up proc the black cleaver? If if I decide to buy it, it should be the first item finished after a few Doran blades right?
IE is fine, Double-Up proc all kind of on-hit effect, however, that shouldn't be your main damage ability.

Max the W first, the damage and healing reduction work really well in the current meta, especially against Soraka, Alistar, or some other bottom lane with healing abilities.

The basic combo with MF is auto-double up- auto. then just keep on attacking, MF is REALLY STRONG.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S B

Senior Member

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
IE is fine, Double-Up proc all kind of on-hit effect, however, that shouldn't be your main damage ability.

Max the W first, the damage and healing reduction work really well in the current meta, especially against Soraka, Alistar, or some other bottom lane with healing abilities.

The basic combo with MF is auto-double up- auto. then just keep on attacking, MF is REALLY STRONG.
Pop her W before her combo correct? Or save W when they commit to a skirmish?

I'm very attracted to the Black Cleaver (because of it's lower price, attack speed, and debuff), I'm thinking of this:

Get 3 or 4 Dorans blade (selling them as I need the slots)
Boots (Right after my first doran)
Vamp Sceptar
Black Cleaver

Then from there I'm not sure If I should turn that Vamp Scepter into a Blood thirst right away, or make it a wriggles and go for Infinity Edge? What do you think?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
Pop her W before her combo correct? Or save W when they commit to a skirmish?

I'm very attracted to the Black Cleaver (because of it's lower price, attack speed, and debuff), I'm thinking of this:

Get 3 or 4 Dorans blade (selling them as I need the slots)
Boots (Right after my first doran)
Vamp Sceptar
Black Cleaver

Then from there I'm not sure If I should turn that Vamp Scepter into a Blood thirst right away, or make it a wriggles and go for Infinity Edge? What do you think?
I will recommend only 2 doran, BC is stronger at mid game than late game, so if you decide to go BC path you want to get it earlier, while 2 doran is enough to save you from getting burst down quick.

Or, if you are going with the standard IE - PD path, buy 1 doran, boot, vamp sceptar then jump straight to BF.