Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

11-03-2013

Question about pushing/splitpushing vs grouping as adc. At first i thought that the reason that higher elo players would have more cs then me is because they didnt miss free cs; however, after getting to the point where i barely miss any cs, and after restudying solo q matches from wildturtle,doublelift,chaox, etc i noticed the biggest reason that they would end up with more is because they just group up less then i do. I feel like they trust their teammates to not get caught in certain situations and choose to push rather then group where, personally, i would choose to group up. Ex: enemy team has hard engage, id choose to group over split assuming they would easily get caught out by something like a malphite ult, where a pro might choose to split assuming that their team can hold off until he gets a tower/pushes the wave out resulting in higher late game cs total.

Is this a playstyle difference that doesnt really change anything or should i be choosing when to group/push differently? I realize that this decision may change depending on your advantage/disadvantage in a specific game, but, after studying soloq games from the pros, being ahead/behind doesnt seem to be the largest deciding factor of which route to take. Wildturtle specifically seems to almost never group for anything but dragon until there is a baron threat,late game teamfight, or is out of towers to take in the bot lane.

flame4321x

04-15-2014

I've been trying to learn how to play Veigar better mid, I am only level 20 so yes I am new to this, and I have a bit of experience with him (last hit with q to increase AP, how to land stun I sort of know how to do consistently, e-w combo extremely hard, etc), and I am just hoping for some tips on how to get better. Thanks!

ExecutionerK

04-16-2014

Quote:
flame4321x:
I've been trying to learn how to play Veigar better mid, I am only level 20 so yes I am new to this, and I have a bit of experience with him (last hit with q to increase AP, how to land stun I sort of know how to do consistently, e-w combo extremely hard, etc), and I am just hoping for some tips on how to get better. Thanks!

First of all, I rarely check this thread now, you are lucky XD

Secondly, with so many assassins/ AoE waveclear mid nowadays, it is extremely difficult and risky to play Veigar.

As a result, keep in mind that in a lot of unfavorable matchup, your goal will be farming over killing. Your biggest powerspike will be when you hit level 6, where you can one shot most ap-based champion and heavily damage any other.

Current meta favors maxing Q over W so that you have much more consistent harass and lower cooldown on Q. Build wise against AP assassin you should go athene, otherwise going DFG first with 2 doran rings should be a pretty good build.

Harass with Q before you hit level 6, so that by the time you hit level 6 you can all-in right away and get a kill.

Nate Of Spades

04-17-2014

Can you lolking me or look at my stats somhow and tell what I need to do to improve? just a little bit? I went from silver 5 to diamond 5 in 5 months but I think I hit the wall where I cant move up anymore. Can you tell what some things im doing wrong maybe?

Darkmaster1984

Recruiter

04-27-2014

So right now I am in bronze 3 and I can't find a way to climb the ladder. This is because either my team feeds or they troll. Is there a certain role or champ I can play to carry myself out of bronze because right now I am thinking about playing graves