Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackPoe View Post
Thought's on some champs?

Brand
Really good laning due to his passive, range is decent, but the fact that his ultimate has a huge requirement to do more than pathetic damage make him not so good for single target burst, but in a team fight, he shines.

Riven
Really good laning, amazing damage, one of the few AD champion that can get away by building pure damage with little defense (Similar to Tryndamere) Have the guts to charge in without the fear of death and you are solid.

Cass
Amazing mid laner, even better than Brand in lane due to her insane harass, but have a downfall...REALLY NEED BLUE BUFF. but once cass gets her blue, she is unstoppable compare to most other ap mid (LB can't really counter her if she smartcast ultimate, leaving only kass as a good counter)

Ahri
Amazing escape from jail ultimate, pretty good sustain damage, but totally lack in term of burst. Useful if your team also got some burst damage, and let Ahri to clear up the rest, not recommended at low burst team though.

Irelia
Tanky as hell and have amazing CC reduction, but that is it. Most of the time Irelia will be farming during the first 30 minutes of the game, making her close to having 0 contribution to the team because she needs to keep farming, and even with the same farm, the new Jax had been proven to be a bigger threat than Irelia. (She is still decent though)

Swain
No burst, Cool sustain and pretty high dps, but often counter by ignite of enemy AP carry (anyone who can do quick damage) not a common choice but actually work in some cases.

x Minah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

Is Sivir still really strong after the nerf?

As an AD carry player, what are the top 3 skills to have in the early, mid and late game?
e.g. early: last hit, map awareness, position ; mid: map awareness, position etc.

I was watching TSM vs m5 scrim in Chaox's POV. They were on the blue side, and they laned a Sona Sivir at top instead of bot. m5 then had to switch their bot to the top. I can understand why you would lane the AD and support at top if you were on purple, cause of the golems, but why do it when you're on blue?

ExecutionerKen

02-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sQuo CBX View Post
Is Sivir still really strong after the nerf?

As an AD carry player, what are the top 3 skills to have in the early, mid and late game?
e.g. early: last hit, map awareness, position ; mid: map awareness, position etc.

I was watching TSM vs m5 scrim in Chaox's POV. They were on the blue side, and they laned a Sona Sivir at top instead of bot. m5 then had to switch their bot to the top. I can understand why you would lane the AD and support at top if you were on purple, cause of the golems, but why do it when you're on blue?
Sivir is still really strong due to her amazing team utility with her ultimate, her real power is not on her Q but how she can reset the attack timer by using W, her spell shield is also untouch, making it hard to use spells to harass her in lane.

1.Last hit
2.Position
3.Map awareness
4.Zone maintain

I am not too sure for the reason for them to switch around, for I didn't watch the match online, so yea, I can't answer that question, sorry.

Lytes

Recruiter

02-05-2012

Thoughts on vlad?

ExecutionerKen

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackPoe View Post
Thoughts on vlad?
Really strong AP top laner, even though early on he still can't trade hits with some of the strong solo top champion, his AoE damage allow him to deal more damage and contribute more in team fights, he also have decent escape spell that can save him from getting gank.

Scary Wolf Man

02-05-2012

What are your thoughts on:

1. Solo top Shen
2. Jungle Shen
3. Which jungler and why: Udyr, Lee Sin, Skarner
4. Should I buy Riven if I like champions with good sustain (Shen)?

ExecutionerKen

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Wolf Man View Post
What are your thoughts on:

1. Solo top Shen
2. Jungle Shen
3. Which jungler and why: Udyr, Lee Sin, Skarner
4. Should I buy Riven if I like champions with good sustain (Shen)?
Solo top Shen is actually pretty strong at early level, but the problem is that he can't shut down enemy solo top unless he is having a jungler's help.

Jungle Shen is really depend on the lane combo, other than Shen's taunt, you want the people in the lane to also have a decent CC to make up the low damage Shen can offer compare to other strong jungler (Like lee sin and Udyr).

Those 3 junglers are all really strong, Udyr can be used in any situation, Lee sin favor a lot of ganks early on, and Skarner is strong in any course of the game, but have a downfall for needed blue buff.

Riven is difference from Shen, Shen's job is to disable and lower the threat of the enemy, while Riven is doing damage.
Riven is a good solo top, but she is by no mean similar to Shen.

Scary Wolf Man

02-05-2012

I have 6.3k IP shoudl I buy lee sin

Our Final Rites

02-05-2012

Any ideas as to how I'm not progressing past 1500? I have an extensive knowledge on all fields related to jungling, such as recovery routes, counterjungling, the speed of an enemy jungler, etc etc. I can also play support and ranged carries to a degree where I can hold my own on an enemy team, or when duo-queuing, we win bot extremely easily.

Do I need a more generalized pool of knowledge to draw from, is it my lack of mechanical ability/decision making? In normal games I often play against the real OG 1600s, and can succeed fairly well, so I'm just curious as to why I can not progress 1500s, at all. Rarely is it a feeder or a completely bad teams, it's just one mistake costs us entire games. How do I alleviate this?

ExecutionerKen

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Wolf Man View Post
I have 6.3k IP shoudl I buy lee sin
Lee sin is a good jungler, but ask yourself first.

Can you jungle? Can you land those Q? Are you willing to die for your team? (Which happens a lot with Lee sin)

If you have 2 out of 3 yes, then buy him.