Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maytr Oleo

01-22-2013

Hey Ken,

I'm primarily solo top type of player though I am somewhat proficient in both adc and mid. Right now I'm tightening up my solo top abilities and I wonder what type of tips do you have for me? I mainly play as Vi but I'm good with Riven, Irelia and Jax as well. Thanks

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytr Oleo View Post
Hey Ken,

I'm primarily solo top type of player though I am somewhat proficient in both adc and mid. Right now I'm tightening up my solo top abilities and I wonder what type of tips do you have for me? I mainly play as Vi but I'm good with Riven, Irelia and Jax as well. Thanks
1. Know the match up. Key things such as dodging Olaf's Q or making it goes away from his tracks, as well as knowing the 3rd hit of Jax proc etc.

2. Be flexible on builds. Even on champions such as Riven, you have the choice to go BT or BC as first major item.

3. Move right after autoattack animation. On all 4 champions that you listed you really need to micro your champion well to stick onto the enemy for more damage.

LarcyBrown

01-23-2013

Just saw you on dan dinh stream man, congratulations on achieving that o.o

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarcyBrown View Post
Just saw you on dan dinh stream man, congratulations on achieving that o.o
I had been on that...for....countless time o.O

After all I am 2.1k now.

v o

01-23-2013

In ranked fives, top 5 CC-oriented mid champs for team fights?

ExecutionerK

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by m˙zik View Post
In ranked fives, top 5 CC-oriented mid champs for team fights?
Wukong Orianna Anivia Annie Zyra.

Amaltron

01-23-2013

I think Syndra is OP. Thoughts on this?

ExecutionerK

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaltron View Post
I think Syndra is OP. Thoughts on this?
Strong but not OP. Even after the buff on her ultimate range she is still within the reach of many CC heavy champions, and the fact that her ultimate damage is not instant makes her burst damage rather slow.

Mungril

01-23-2013

Hey ken,

asking for some tips on 5 vs 5 ranked games. Me and my friends have been interested in 5 vs 5 ranked games for a while now and have played a couple of games, but lost. I think it's because we are aiming for kills and objectives but have no strategy. I'm not necessarily asking for a strategy because their are no straight forward strategies, but i'm asking for some tips when it comes to counter-ganks, taking objectives, and other elements we, as a team need to take advantage of to get ahead of the enemy team. Thanks.

Ethri

01-24-2013

^All I can say to that is to pay attention to where the enemy team is and abuse their map positioning. You can usually predict where the enemy jungler is based upon their buff spawn times. You may also be able to coordinate attacks if you notice any patterns in their playing. Then again, I'm not the OP nor do I know much about 5v5.

Anyways, I have some questions to pester Ken with too...

1. How do you generally go about learning the skills/ cdr/ mana costs/ damage/ tricks/ combos/counters of champions? Do you just study free week champions, one a day, etc? I admittedly haven't even memorized the champion I main.

2. So I hear the best time to take advantage of the enemy is when their skills are on cooldown. How does someone punish skill failures without taking too much minion damage (bushes warded).