Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDpark View Post
Another question.

You said I needed to improve my mechanics.
Is there any specific way to do this?

I'd like to eventually go up in elo, but 1200 is where I am and probably where I belong.
Are there any specific tips that will help?
Personally, I only taught people one trick in order to get to gold ranked

The use of autoattacks.

Auto attack is probably one of the most basic mechanics out of all, however, there are many ways you can improve your gameplay via just using autoattack.

Putting autoattack in a skill combo is a good example, for example, an annie level 6 combo can have around 100 extra damage with the two autoattacks.

Now onto other champions, Jax is one of the best example in term of using auto attacks. For all the people that play Jax, you should know that his damage is mainly coming from his 3rd hit on his ultimate. At the same time, Empower also resets his auto attack. So a good Jax player will use the empower well to proc that 3rd hit, while a bad or normal Jax player will most likely use empower on leap strike, which result in a huge damage lose.

There are many other champions with similar stuff, such as Nasus's Q, which resets autoattack timer, as well as Vayne's tumble. If you can work well and use these tricks to increase your damage output, you will find yourself gaining 200 elo easily, despite the fact that you don't really improve on map awareness and other stuff, just because you will do more damage and last hit better.

iDpark

11-19-2012

I have a question, Is there a situation where you wouldn't want to autoattack between spells?
Barring 50hp every-second-counts-fights to the death.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
I have a question, Is there a situation where you wouldn't want to autoattack between spells?
Barring 50hp every-second-counts-fights to the death.
The only few time you don't want to auto attack between spells is when you will put yourself in risk that doesn't worth it. For example, if you are AP carry, most likely you will not want to stay for an additional second to auto attack, especially when you are playing champions like Karthus, whose auto attack animation is just a pain in the ass to deal with.

Thorston13

11-19-2012

Hello again Ken, and thanks for all the advice.

I got a question: What do you do when you ADC doens't knows how to ADC?
My team was Singed, Karthus, Miss F, Sona and Rengar jungle against a Jax, Morgana, Caitlyn, Amumu and nunu.
So i was singed against Jax, Jax traded with morg, so i ended up in mid.
I knew i couldn't push so hard hence being in a bad spot behind his tower at mid lane, so i went on pushed minions to tower farm wraiths mine and his, with usual gank to bot, our karthus was on a safe spot on top since you can't actually gank the right sight that well, too little window of opportunity.
Yet after giving miss f 4 or 5 kills 9 (i spent easily 5 to 10 mins there) we got to late game, she was just clueless on how to ADC, item choice, position or even who to target.
Im not saying he/she sucks, she was just clueless about the role, i tried and kept her safe in teamfights while peeling off jax and cait, but still lose due to the lack of a real ADC.
You can't just coach someone mid game and make them play great.
So what can i do?

iDpark

11-19-2012

Lol, ok.

And I have yet another question.

For the ADC Ezreal.
I rush trinity and then get CDR boots.
I like to boots because I can spam spells more often, increasing my dps, and lowers CD on my E so I can kite better.
If I were to go BT + infinty, I wouldn't get then, but because of the sheen and phage procs, I feel as though CDR boots are the best.

Thoughts?

ExecutionerKen

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorston13 View Post
Hello again Ken, and thanks for all the advice.

I got a question: What do you do when you ADC doens't knows how to ADC?
My team was Singed, Karthus, Miss F, Sona and Rengar jungle against a Jax, Morgana, Caitlyn, Amumu and nunu.
So i was singed against Jax, Jax traded with morg, so i ended up in mid.
I knew i couldn't push so hard hence being in a bad spot behind his tower at mid lane, so i went on pushed minions to tower farm wraiths mine and his, with usual gank to bot, our karthus was on a safe spot on top since you can't actually gank the right sight that well, too little window of opportunity.
Yet after giving miss f 4 or 5 kills 9 (i spent easily 5 to 10 mins there) we got to late game, she was just clueless on how to ADC, item choice, position or even who to target.
Im not saying he/she sucks, she was just clueless about the role, i tried and kept her safe in teamfights while peeling off jax and cait, but still lose due to the lack of a real ADC.
You can't just coach someone mid game and make them play great.
So what can i do?
Not much to do, if he can't play ADC, you might as well go more damage oriented and focus on killing the enemies, and leave your ADC vulnerable.

There is no need to protect a worthless carry.

ExecutionerKen

11-19-2012

Quote:
Lol, ok.

And I have yet another question.

For the ADC Ezreal.
I rush trinity and then get CDR boots.
I like to boots because I can spam spells more often, increasing my dps, and lowers CD on my E so I can kite better.
If I were to go BT + infinty, I wouldn't get then, but because of the sheen and phage procs, I feel as though CDR boots are the best.

Thoughts?
Bad choice, due to the fact that Ezreal's major damage should not be coming from the skill, but the autoattacks with his attack speed passive.

CDR boot will make you play Ezreal like an AD caster, which is often stronger at early game but quickly fall off mid and late game.

jjnn89

11-19-2012

I generally play support at 1000 elo. I find it hard to climb elo even though its my best position. I find myself being the nice guy and letting other people take their picks hoping they will win and when I do fight for a spot they usually fight for it. So for an example we might have 2 kids because one refused to cooperate. Any advice please? I'm horrible at adc but mid jungle and support I'm good at. Ill be happy if I even make it to 1400 lol.

ExecutionerKen

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnn89 View Post
I generally play support at 1000 elo. I find it hard to climb elo even though its my best position. I find myself being the nice guy and letting other people take their picks hoping they will win and when I do fight for a spot they usually fight for it. So for an example we might have 2 kids because one refused to cooperate. Any advice please? I'm horrible at adc but mid jungle and support I'm good at. Ill be happy if I even make it to 1400 lol.
There is a lot of stuff that you can do as a support, For example, if you max out Q on Lulu, your potential burst is so strong that you can often kill the enemy even though you are just a support.

Also, most people think that the support job's is just hanging back, shield and cc the enemy for the carry, that is wrong. You should try your best to stay in the battlefield, and try to do damage via autoattack. Applying pressure on the enemy carry will often make them lose CS and set up for potential kills.

Pouhahaha

11-19-2012

- wanted to know it is really important to know how counterpick the other champ in high elo and in low elo i mean 1400 - 1800

- and you, do you know how counter all champion or almost?