Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmslinger View Post
What's a good champ to learn as much of top as possible? I'm learning Orianna and Ahri for mid.
My answer is always Kennen, strong in lane, strong in team fight, a lot of practice with autoattack.

Filmslinger

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
My answer is always Kennen, strong in lane, strong in team fight, a lot of practice with autoattack.
I was thinking more of a melee ad champ for now because this account is low level and I really only own ap champs. So like Orianna helps me with team fights and zoning and all of the Ori niches. Ahri helps me with skill shots and roaming. Also I should mention I'm terrible with melee so i'm trying to get out of the comfort shell of ranged

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmslinger View Post
I was thinking more of a melee ad champ for now because this account is low level and I really only own ap champs. So like Orianna helps me with team fights and zoning and all of the Ori niches. Ahri helps me with skill shots and roaming. Also I should mention I'm terrible with melee so i'm trying to get out of the comfort shell of ranged
Go with Jax or Olaf then, Jax has amazing scaling and is born tanky, while Olaf has axe that is ranged and can help on farming, as well as a skill that gives sustain. His ultimate is also a get out of jail card.

xxsinged420xx69

10-24-2012

I just hit 1852 basically by autolocking singed every single game, occassionally playing support. How much farther can I go just playing singed?

ExecutionerK

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pounce View Post
I just hit 1852 basically by autolocking singed every single game, occassionally playing support. How much farther can I go just playing singed?
Singed is a viable pick, but often autolocking is not such a good idea due to counterpicking.

However, if you are skilled with Singed, I will say that reaching 2200 is not a problem.

AsianDiction

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
1. Smartcast is a way to cast your spells faster, but you also give up the range indicator, which is huge for most people

If you ever want to switch to smartcast, practice the champion so you know the range of the skills first.

2. I know that Rainbow Thugs play Viktor mid some time, but other than him I can't remember anyone that play Viktor.
There is a option in More Options that says Range indicators. It lets you see the range if you hold down the key while still being able to smartcast by clicking. However, there is a brief delay for the indicator and then firing. I find it's a mix between smart casting and normal casting and helps me still as I can learn the ranges, yet fast enough to pull a combo off

Ken, I'm starting to learn ADC as my backup role in ranked. I feel I got the grasp of it, but should I get more ADC champs besides the Holy Trinity of ADCs? I got Ashe, Trist, Graves, and Ez essentially. I often feel I have better mechanics than those in my Elo, I win trades with more damage on them, poke etc. Any tips on ADC in general?

Started also with Orianna in mid, I don't feel the Q, E or Q, W combo does enough damage even maxed out when harassing in lane for the mana it costs. Should I be packing way more AP runes? I got a mix between defense and AP currently. I just don't feel I get my bang for buck.

ExecutionerK

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianDiction View Post
There is a option in More Options that says Range indicators. It lets you see the range if you hold down the key while still being able to smartcast by clicking. However, there is a brief delay for the indicator and then firing. I find it's a mix between smart casting and normal casting and helps me still as I can learn the ranges, yet fast enough to pull a combo off

Ken, I'm starting to learn ADC as my backup role in ranked. I feel I got the grasp of it, but should I get more ADC champs besides the Holy Trinity of ADCs? I got Ashe, Trist, Graves, and Ez essentially. I often feel I have better mechanics than those in my Elo, I win trades with more damage on them, poke etc. Any tips on ADC in general?

Started also with Orianna in mid, I don't feel the Q, E or Q, W combo does enough damage even maxed out when harassing in lane for the mana it costs. Should I be packing way more AP runes? I got a mix between defense and AP currently. I just don't feel I get my bang for buck.
The holy trinity of ADCs are just the easiest to play with and have a reliable escape. There is nothing wrong with playing the other ad carry if you want to.

As for Orianna, Her combo shouldn't be just Q W or Q E. You should include autoattack into the combo. Her passive hurts a lot.

NamelessFish

10-25-2012

Thought up any quirky, colorfull, or funny champions for me to play yet? :3 I suppose all those things are relative, but still!

Also, why exactly do people hate Sejuani so? o.o

Oh oh, and are Orianna/Syndra the only champions where being able to multitask[keep track of orbs/ball and yourself and enemy] becomes extremely rewarding?

Gawd is syndra wasnt 6.3k.......I WANNA THROW A MINION AT SOMEONE!

So True II

10-25-2012

This might be a bitlong... But I was wondering if you could tell me about different ADC's counterpicks, like I've heard Vayne is counterpicked by Ezreal and so on. Main ADC's I have in mind are Ezreal, Kog'maw, Vayne, and Graves.

And, can you tell me some common band in ranked draft, and why?

Thanks

ExecutionerK

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessFish View Post
Thought up any quirky, colorfull, or funny champions for me to play yet? :3 I suppose all those things are relative, but still!

Also, why exactly do people hate Sejuani so? o.o

Oh oh, and are Orianna/Syndra the only champions where being able to multitask[keep track of orbs/ball and yourself and enemy] becomes extremely rewarding?

Gawd is syndra wasnt 6.3k.......I WANNA THROW A MINION AT SOMEONE!
Sejunai is one of the worst jungler possible without her ultimate.

Not really, Lulu is also rewarded for being able to multitask especially with her Pix.