Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

09-13-2012

I picked up Skarner and have started playing ranked. I've found it nearly impossible to make my team win out of the jungle. Should I focus more towards getting triforce than getting tanky? I tend to just play whatever role is left after everyone picks what they will do. And that trends to be jungle or support.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesot View Post
I picked up Skarner and have started playing ranked. I've found it nearly impossible to make my team win out of the jungle. Should I focus more towards getting triforce than getting tanky? I tend to just play whatever role is left after everyone picks what they will do. And that trends to be jungle or support.
Even though most people say that you can carry the team the most by going either Mid or Jungle. I found that going mid is much easier compare to jungle.

1. As a jungler, if you want to carry the team, not only you must destroy the enemy jungler, but you must also carry the feeding lanes, making it really hard.

2. Mid is a lane with the enemy present in the lane, aka it is much easier for you to beat the enemy.

If you really want to carry the team with jungler, there is only two choices. Either gank really hard and carry the lane into victory, or you must counter jungle the hell out of the enemy jungler, so that he can't gank at all while you can. Combining these two things will allow you to carry almost all games. (Imo. Shyvana rock for this reason at lower elo, quick counterjungle with strong dps)

상자상자상자

09-13-2012

I'm going to start ranked 5v5 soon; any tips you have in general?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YTDerpaaa View Post
I'm going to start ranked 5v5 soon; any tips you have in general?
I will recommend people to try to get to gold ranked in solo queue before starting a 5v5 ranked team. Most of the time you do need some good solo queue ranking in order for you to work well with the others.

AsianDiction

09-14-2012

Hey Ken, might remember me, but I'm in need of advice.

I'm still maining mid, but I still can't jungle well. I have Olaf, Nautilus etc, but I don't want to try it in a normal PvP game and fail. Neither can I get in a custom game with a friend to try. Need a leash so a custom game is a no-no.

Any tips for that? Also, I started ranked solo queue and doing well so far with Anivia. Would you say Anivia is a situational pick and can I still pick her safely? Should I pack full AP in my runes or go Offensive/Defensive?

ExecutionerK

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianDiction View Post
Hey Ken, might remember me, but I'm in need of advice.

I'm still maining mid, but I still can't jungle well. I have Olaf, Nautilus etc, but I don't want to try it in a normal PvP game and fail. Neither can I get in a custom game with a friend to try. Need a leash so a custom game is a no-no.

Any tips for that? Also, I started ranked solo queue and doing well so far with Anivia. Would you say Anivia is a situational pick and can I still pick her safely? Should I pack full AP in my runes or go Offensive/Defensive?
As long as you have attack damage mark or attack speed mark, you should have no problem jungling with most characters. For olaf, be sure that you don't spam too much true damage on the creeps, but can use some to lower your health so that the passive kick in stronger. As for Nautilus, you can often start the shield early to put it on cd, while tanking it with only the last few seconds of the duration. Aka, you can often start the shield when you are walking from wolves to wraith when you reach mid lane, so that you can buy yourself 2-3 seconds cooldown if you are going to straight to red buff

Anivia is mostly a situational pick, but it doesn't mean she can't be a solid pick. Most of the time you want to pick her against melee mage and abuse your 1-5 forstbite and autoattack. Anivia's passive allows her to go really aggressive, and if anything bad happen most of the time you will be able to flash back into your turret.

I prefer going MR glyph on any AP mid, but for lower elo, going all out AP is possible, as most of the lower elo players have a really bad time in balancing farming and fighting. Going all out AP can be really effective at denying enemy time to farm with big damage.

Note: If you can not do the Q (double hit) > E combo before you hit level 6, you should stick with MR glyph and let the high base damage to do their work.

XTreeX

09-17-2012

Ken, just wanted to say on behalf of everyone here thanks for all the help you've given us and for running this thread over such a long period of time. It must take alot out of your play time and life to help people who need it even though its just a game and I just wanted to say we love you ken <3 ^ ^

BendyBread

09-23-2012

What's your opinion on support Leona, and jungle Hecarim? I'm looking to pick up 2 characters that are potentially powerful in solo queue.

My 2.1k ELO friend says I need to play more aggressive supports in elo's between 1k and 1300 because you often need to carry the AD incase they lack their own ability too. He suggested leona and blitz as the two main options, and since I dislike blitz, I've found leona the next target of choice. But I'm not sure if I should get her.

As for Hec, I just want a new jungler because I don't play that many. I play Amumu, Skarner, Shyvanna, Riven (not often, I usually go top) and finally Naut. What are your personal opinions on him?

ExecutionerK

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
What's your opinion on support Leona, and jungle Hecarim? I'm looking to pick up 2 characters that are potentially powerful in solo queue.

My 2.1k ELO friend says I need to play more aggressive supports in elo's between 1k and 1300 because you often need to carry the AD incase they lack their own ability too. He suggested leona and blitz as the two main options, and since I dislike blitz, I've found leona the next target of choice. But I'm not sure if I should get her.

As for Hec, I just want a new jungler because I don't play that many. I play Amumu, Skarner, Shyvanna, Riven (not often, I usually go top) and finally Naut. What are your personal opinions on him?
Your friend is correct about picking more aggressive support between 1k and 1.3k. Personally I will vote for Sona due to ranged poke and sustain, so that the AD will not cry, but Leona is surely a good pick

One thing to be care for Leona though, she doesn't work in a passive lane, which in other words you must play her aggressively, prefer with an aggressive ad carry such as Corki, Graves, Ezreal, Trist, and Vayne. Any other AD carry will make it hard to work with.

The list of junglers that you have is actually more than enough, personally I don't think you need to learn a new jungler, but rather get better with the ones that you have. Shyvanna for example, if you master how to counter jungle, you can completely destroy the enemy jungler and have dragon control due to the high DPS.

Edit: Time to update my front page....huge elo changes since i last update lol

0ShAdE0