Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Naut jungle:

The timing on activating your shield is a huge part when you are jungling, for example, you can often start the shield few seconds before you do the wolves camp, that way the cooldown goes off early while you do get to use the shield to tank the wolves.

Anchoring walls between camps can be used to speed up the jungle

Try to space out the crowd control when you are ganking, do not use Q, snare (passive), slow and ultimate at the same time, space them out will allow your teammates to do much more damage though out a longer period.

Naut support:

Naut support has a much higher burst damage in lane compare to Blitz support, but more limited as he will drag himself toward the enemy as well.

Standard gp10 build

Bush control is the key, you need to make sure you are in the bush most of the time and apply pressure to the enemy, aka "zoning"
I see most guides have him full on tank until mid-game. Why? I ran jungle earlier after I did some math. Started with Cloth + 5xPots then went Catalyst, Giant belt, T2 boots, Rylai's and didn't feel less tanky and it seemed like I was able to help the team much better.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesot View Post
I see most guides have him full on tank until mid-game. Why? I ran jungle earlier after I did some math. Started with Cloth + 5xPots then went Catalyst, Giant belt, T2 boots, Rylai's and didn't feel less tanky and it seemed like I was able to help the team much better.
Naut will be in enemy face at all time if you are playing him right, thus the reason why most build tends to be full tank.

Your build is not that effective as Naut jungle will mostly start with boot in order for him to gank much more effectively. At the same time, Catalyst is wasted unless you are building it into either a banshee or RoA, Naut need neither of them. Finally, the Rylai slow is nice, but Naut really doesn't need it as his passive, E and ultimate have enough CC, which make Rylai's slow effect doesn't seem to be as effective as mages with spammable skills.

*Note: If you are going this build, you will need huge amount of gold income from assist and dragon, which normally doesn't happen unless you are far ahead of the enemy.

n00boxular

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2012

Hi again.

I'm having a problem choosing between Jarvan, Rengar and Jayce. I usually jungle or top and all 3 can do both.

Jarvan has that damn knock up that seems so attractive and his damage is pretty beast. He also gets pretty good AS from his Demacian Standard. However, his ult is too easy to ignore, just flash or dash out of it and then there is the chance that you trap your ADC along with the enemy. They say that they have his ult on their radar and are working on it, do I wait for the result?

Rengar seems pretty powerful with his damage, lack of mana and that AS buff on his Q. However, does he scale well into lategame? Does he have problem sticking to the enemy because his CC is rather weak?

Jayce has been on my radar for some time now as a potential buy (not just because dyrus won while playing as jayce, lol), but because he has like FREAKIN 6 ABILITIES. The questions I have for him are: Does he scale well into late game? My friends tell me that his jungling is pretty weak, true?

LarcyBrown

09-01-2012

elemental zero chat room eh nice update on first page.
My question will probably be too vague to answer but,
i am about 1100 elo.Why is it that when i have to adc and pick miss fortune, i get a sona that is auto attacking minions in lane.Course when the jungle comes first blood is on her ._.
People like to play sona while drunk alongside miss fortune or is it just me?
This game happen awhile back but , then again i tried carrying that game so hard, went 11 5 11.but we lost cause i get flash taunted by support rammus.GA i had didnt matter much i got focused down.

Wait this post is more of a QQ comment then a question then...im considering quicksilver sash or banshee veil as my last item now.
Oh and for information purposes, advice from me. at the 55 min mark.Playing the PROTECT YOUR ADC game specially if fed is far more important then trying to go after the enemy adc for the win!

ExecutionerKen

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Hi again.

I'm having a problem choosing between Jarvan, Rengar and Jayce. I usually jungle or top and all 3 can do both.

Jarvan has that damn knock up that seems so attractive and his damage is pretty beast. He also gets pretty good AS from his Demacian Standard. However, his ult is too easy to ignore, just flash or dash out of it and then there is the chance that you trap your ADC along with the enemy. They say that they have his ult on their radar and are working on it, do I wait for the result?

Rengar seems pretty powerful with his damage, lack of mana and that AS buff on his Q. However, does he scale well into lategame? Does he have problem sticking to the enemy because his CC is rather weak?

Jayce has been on my radar for some time now as a potential buy (not just because dyrus won while playing as jayce, lol), but because he has like FREAKIN 6 ABILITIES. The questions I have for him are: Does he scale well into late game? My friends tell me that his jungling is pretty weak, true?
1. Jayce can only be up top. His jungle ability is pretty weak mainly because he doesn't have any build in sustain. He does scale decently into late game, more as a bruiser who is in the middle of the team, not as a full tank. He will be best to play with a team that has a pretty tanky jungler/ mid/ support.

2. Jarvan is actually really strong especially when you are either against physical team or your team can benefit from the AS buff. HOWEVER, most players don't seem to know how to work with a Jarvan on the team, and most of the time they will blame him for everything, keep J4 only in premade use if possible.

3. Rengar is much weaker late game not because of his weak cc, but rather how he can be shut down by oracle when he is going around with his ultimate. If both team are on equal amount of skill level. A Jax will always do much more damage and tank much more than a Rengar with even stronger crowd control.

Blanchimont

09-02-2012

i need some help building Jax in top lane. i almost always lose in the lane, but i can usually harass them pretty well using counter attack, leap striking in to stun, and then getting an empowered hit before running away.

i tend to build towards a hextech gunblade or the item that adds AD and AP and attack speed with each attack (i forget the name of it) with ninja tabis. is this a mistake on my part?

Nuke Cloud

09-02-2012

any suggestions for having a team so weak that when the other team kills you they steamroll your base while your team just watches helplessly?

ExecutionerKen

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
i need some help building Jax in top lane. i almost always lose in the lane, but i can usually harass them pretty well using counter attack, leap striking in to stun, and then getting an empowered hit before running away.

i tend to build towards a hextech gunblade or the item that adds AD and AP and attack speed with each attack (i forget the name of it) with ninja tabis. is this a mistake on my part?
Make sure you space out the attacks. Leap strike, autoattack, and then empower. This allow you to stick in more autoattack to proc that passive and ultimate damage, allowing you to become a much stronger Jax player especially after hitting level 6.

Jax is relatively strong in lane, especially against bruiser. Rather than starting counterstrike so early on, you can always save it til in the middle of the fight, so that when the minions aggro is on you, you can reduce not only the champion but also \minion damage. The minion will also proc your passive on counterstrike, allowing you to do even more damage.

I do not recommend building Rageblade on Jax, as it takes time to stack up. Yes, it is really good if you can stack it up, but often times when you just start and engage, you are better off with trinity force or even some more damage item. Rageblade takes too long to stack up in most cases.

ExecutionerKen

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk Cloud View Post
any suggestions for having a team so weak that when the other team kills you they steamroll your base while your team just watches helplessly?
Wards and ambush is the key. When your team is relatively weaker than the enemy, you must take the risk onto ambushing the enemy, when they are alone or away from the team. Wards help you to keep track of the enemy while an oracle can make sure that you not being seen by the enemy.

*Note: This doesn't really work if they already took down your inhibitors.

lolshack

09-04-2012

Recently moved to solo top from APC mid/supp bot. Questions:

If you had to pick solo tops that:

-is bruiser enough
-has a decent AP scaling
-is not dependent to CCs with AA (Singed, Voli, XZ)
-is not J4/Mundo

who would it be? I'm currently grinding to get Galio since I did decent with him, but a friend told me that Mord does the job. And there's Leona.

Thanks in advance.