Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesot View Post
If I'm jungling with a champ with snowball potential (e.g. Jax), should I even worry about getting my adc fed if I can get myself fed?
Just take the kill in this case, let adc get assist if possible though.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoogls View Post
i am between 1200 and 1300 elo. i really need to get better at playing mid and jungle. who is good to start with for each of these roles? and who counters who in the mid/jungle?
The old school Annie is actually pretty good and easy for mid, Cassiopedia, Kennen are both really strong in teamfights

As for jungle, it depends on the team comp. Lee sin is good if the enemy is heavy on AD since he can apply a strong AS and movement speed debuff, while Maokai is strong against strong AoE team comp. This is totally up to you

As for countering, just go search on google, pretty sure there are couple site like lolcounters.com, not 100% true, but good for lower elo use most of the time.

Finally for runes, each jungler will have their own rune set, and same for ap mid. Although the standard ap mid rune set will be magic pen mark, mana regen or hp/lvl seal, and mr glyph with your choice of quints.

MiC Røsøft

08-31-2012

What do you think about maxing W first on Ezreal after the changes? Some high elo streams I have been watching have mixed thoughts, some still max W, some switched back to maxing Q first. Is it still situational/dependent on the lane match up or just a matter of preference?

ExecutionerKen

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiC Røsøft View Post
What do you think about maxing W first on Ezreal after the changes? Some high elo streams I have been watching have mixed thoughts, some still max W, some switched back to maxing Q first. Is it still situational/dependent on the lane match up or just a matter of preference?
After the patch, Q does cost much less mana at level 5 now, however, the attackspeed debuff is not removed from Ezreal's W, thus still making maxing W a better choice compare to maxing Q

Note: The increase damage on leveling Q is stupidly low compare to maxing W

MiC Røsøft

08-31-2012

Oh okay, I understand. Another question, I've seen people rushing DFG over Deathcap, but I feel like its better to just get the Kage's early, assuming I plan on building DFG in the first place, and putting off upgrading it until later on in the game. What do you think?

ExecutionerKen

08-31-2012

Quote:
Oh okay, I understand. Another question, I've seen people rushing DFG over Deathcap, but I feel like its better to just get the Kage's early, assuming I plan on building DFG in the first place, and putting off upgrading it until later on in the game. What do you think?
Which champion?

MiC Røsøft

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Which champion?
Uhh, mainly referring to Diana in this case, but I guess it would apply to many other melee-AP carries, ex. Gragas.

ExecutionerKen

08-31-2012

Quote:
Uhh, mainly referring to Diana in this case, but I guess it would apply to many other melee-AP carries, ex. Gragas.
For both of these champions I will recommend building kage then deathcap and finally DFG. these champions both need some AP for other purpose

But if you are playing Veigar, go ahead and finish that DFG early, it is what allows you to do that one hit combo if you want to

Barbarossa 13

09-01-2012

Any advice on a basic rune page setup that will cover a Variety of tanking type champs?

Am new and not 30 so sort of walking blind, there is just so many runes its so mind boogling.

ExecutionerKen

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarossa 13 View Post
Any advice on a basic rune page setup that will cover a Variety of tanking type champs?

Am new and not 30 so sort of walking blind, there is just so many runes its so mind boogling.
Runes that you can never go wrong with

1. AD mark
2. Armor Seal
3. MR glyph
4. Movement Speed Quints