Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
Do you have any good tips on how to die less? I'm studying up on map awareness which I know is a huge part of anticipating enemy movements, but is there anything else I need to look at? I've also recently sucked it up and switched to an unlocked camera. Team fights can be a little chaotic since I'm not always sure where I am.
1. Wards

2. Make use of the tab, the info update every single time you see the enemy champion. What this means is that if you see an enemy jungler at level 1 or 2, while you are level 4, then the enemy jungler is probably ready to gank one of the lane.

3. Press space to center on your champion when things get crazy in a team fight.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckLuckMitch View Post
I need help with something that people call a little strange. Most games i lose (BTW I'm not that good :P)
, but the games I start to win I get extremely aggressive and start becoming more risky thinking I'm invincible. I don't know why I do it, I think it's just a bad habit of mine, but I cant seem to stop. Any tips or tricks on judging if a play/move is safe or not?
It is rather hard for me to help you on this, most of the time if you follow a guideline then you are not flexible enough for big plays, while majority of the time you are playing too safe as well.

XTreeX

08-28-2012

What are some good team tactics and champions to pick up to carry from 1400 to gold? I'm not good enough yet but i need some advice getting from silver to gold. Thanks

Ethri

08-28-2012

I generally main the role of support so I have a good knowledge of warding, map awareness, and timing dragon/ baron.

1. When I play jungle it feels impossible for me to keep track of the times for all the buffs, dragon, and baron, and especially the mini-camps. How do you manage all these times especially when 2-3 lanes are struggling?

2. When playing a role other than support, how should you handle the non-existence of wards on the map if teammates (including support if there is one) refuse to ward. I can't say I have played draft/ ranked because of my lack of champions/ runes, but I generally end up being the solo top/ adc warding everything and essentially being a high damage support.

ExecutionerK

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTreeX View Post
What are some good team tactics and champions to pick up to carry from 1400 to gold? I'm not good enough yet but i need some advice getting from silver to gold. Thanks
Depend on your skill level, often time I have find Lee Sin doing exceptionally good in that ELO bracket. People are not expecting you to counter jungle, thus his early damage is really good for snowballing into mid game.

That is only if you play him though XD.

As for team tactics, Just go more aggressively on objectives like baron or dragon. In fact, you can pretty much see whether the enemies are warding or not at that level (Just keep pressing tab to be sure) If they are not warding, pink the baron and camp. Often time people at this elo will be aware of the presence of baron, but they always let the ward go out and forget to ward again, allowing you guys to ambush their team.

ExecutionerK

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethri View Post
I generally main the role of support so I have a good knowledge of warding, map awareness, and timing dragon/ baron.

1. When I play jungle it feels impossible for me to keep track of the times for all the buffs, dragon, and baron, and especially the mini-camps. How do you manage all these times especially when 2-3 lanes are struggling?

2. When playing a role other than support, how should you handle the non-existence of wards on the map if teammates (including support if there is one) refuse to ward. I can't say I have played draft/ ranked because of my lack of champions/ runes, but I generally end up being the solo top/ adc warding everything and essentially being a high damage support.
1. Just keep track of the big buffs and objective this way, turn the time stamp on for dragon and baron, and type out the time that you kill the buff (5 for buff, 6 for dragon, 7 for baron).

As for lanes are struggling, what you want to do is to hit a decent level first (so you are not too behind when you gank) and jump on the lane as quick as possible. Since 2-3 lanes are struggling it means that you will have to keep ganking in order for your team to regain control. Be sure to take mini-camps right now so that you can sustain yourself in XP, and also remember not to give any buff to the enemy.

2. Use two wards to cover up half of the map in this case, one on enemy wraith, while the other one is in the 2nd bush at bottom river.

As game goes on you will have to change position of those wards, but this is an example of how to use small amount of wards to cover the major area of most paths

Lord Puppy Fury

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
2. Make use of the tab, the info update every single time you see the enemy champion. What this means is that if you see an enemy jungler at level 1 or 2, while you are level 4, then the enemy jungler is probably ready to gank one of the lane.
Can you expand on this? If I'm 2-3 levels behind, why would I attempt a gank? That seems like it could go sour very quickly.

Ethri

08-28-2012

Quote:
1. Just keep track of the big buffs and objective this way, turn the time stamp on for dragon and baron, and type out the time that you kill the buff (5 for buff, 6 for dragon, 7 for baron).

2. Use two wards to cover up half of the map in this case, one on enemy wraith, while the other one is in the 2nd bush at bottom river.

As game goes on you will have to change position of those wards, but this is an example of how to use small amount of wards to cover the major area of most paths
1. Sorry, but what do you mean by "turn the time stamp on for dragon and baron"?

2. I understand this perfectly, tyvm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
Can you expand on this? If I'm 2-3 levels behind, why would I attempt a gank? That seems like it could go sour very quickly.
I think he is pointing out the fact that the enemy jungler hasn't been sighted by your team yet (he hasn't ganked yet) so he is more likely to gank.

ExecutionerK

08-28-2012

You can turn the timer on for chat so that each time when you kill a dragon or a baron, the timer will pop up indicating when you killed them.

Ethri

08-28-2012

Quote:
You can turn the timer on for chat so that each time when you kill a dragon or a baron, the timer will pop up indicating when you killed them.
Wow, thanks! I can't believe I have played so many games not knowing about that.