Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tiburon5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

current ELO: 1000 (would be ~1200 but barely pulled a friend out of ELO hell. not fun, but i did it.)

my main issue is that people say i'm too CS minded when i play AD carry (i'm kind of obsessed with trying to keep "pro CS" of about 10 a minute), supports in solo queue say they hate me almost every match because i'd rather sit back and farm than jump in for a kill we have a ~25% chance of getting (no jungle gank and they're in their bush with 200 hp, likely already running back to turret).

so my question is: what's the point of being ridiculous with my attempts to get good farm?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburon5 View Post
current ELO: 1000 (would be ~1200 but barely pulled a friend out of ELO hell. not fun, but i did it.)

my main issue is that people say i'm too CS minded when i play AD carry (i'm kind of obsessed with trying to keep "pro CS" of about 10 a minute), supports in solo queue say they hate me almost every match because i'd rather sit back and farm than jump in for a kill we have a ~25% chance of getting (no jungle gank and they're in their bush with 200 hp, likely already running back to turret).

so my question is: what's the point of being ridiculous with my attempts to get good farm?
Nothing is wrong about getting good farm, but you better say it to the support up front, some fellow supporters play the lane very aggressive, (like me lolz) I like to win lane by killing the enemy and use experience and gold income advantage to shut them down.

So yea, if you see an aggressive supporter like Blitz or Leona, don't even think about being passive, you are bound to go aggressive when you are with those, even if it means losing farm (it sucks i know, but 1 kill is worth 15 minions =P)

tiburon5

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Nothing is wrong about getting good farm, but you better say it to the support up front, some fellow supporters play the lane very aggressive, (like me lolz) I like to win lane by killing the enemy and use experience and gold income advantage to shut them down.

So yea, if you see an aggressive supporter like Blitz or Leona, don't even think about being passive, you are bound to go aggressive when you are with those, even if it means losing farm (it sucks i know, but 1 kill is worth 15 minions =P)
Lol I usually use the minion thing to explain why farm is more important if the kill isn't at least "likely" to be got by me XD

Jmaf

08-15-2012

How to and when to freeze lanes? I keep hearing about this...

Shiina Mikado

08-15-2012

1. I moved from DotA to LoL, and to be honest, the mechanics are a bit different, and I'm still iffy about it. Could you please tell me the mechanics/meta that LoL has, and is different from DotA?

2. I main Orianna, Soraka, and Zilean just because I was a decent Dark Seer and Dazzle at DotA, and that they have the same utility. Is it actually fine if I do this? Would you recommend a not-that-hard-to-play champions, especially at APC and Support?

3. I often do this as Orianna when I'm asked to leash buff: I take Shield first, do the usual leash, and as the golem aggros the jungler, I shield him. Is this practical? Does this hinder me in early-laning?

4. More like a judgement's call, but why does everyone scream at me as if they had Kog'Maw's spit stuffed in their throats whenever I run a support Zilean bot? I know that he can be played as AP, but his utility are that of a support.

Thanks in advance.

ExecutionerKen

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyfromRuin View Post
How to and when to freeze lanes? I keep hearing about this...
You freeze lane when you are behind and forced to stop the minions or you are so far ahead that you can farm at a more favorable position. Usually you will do this by letting the enemy push, then zone them out of the xp or gold range by either letting the minions go deep into your side's jungle or having a strong aggressive support to zone them

Then you pure last hit, and stop the minions from getting to your turret, so that the minions will keep pushing toward your side and not the enemy, thus denying them gold and xp.

ExecutionerKen

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina Mikado View Post
1. I moved from DotA to LoL, and to be honest, the mechanics are a bit different, and I'm still iffy about it. Could you please tell me the mechanics/meta that LoL has, and is different from DotA?

2. I main Orianna, Soraka, and Zilean just because I was a decent Dark Seer and Dazzle at DotA, and that they have the same utility. Is it actually fine if I do this? Would you recommend a not-that-hard-to-play champions, especially at APC and Support?

3. I often do this as Orianna when I'm asked to leash buff: I take Shield first, do the usual leash, and as the golem aggros the jungler, I shield him. Is this practical? Does this hinder me in early-laning?

4. More like a judgement's call, but why does everyone scream at me as if they had Kog'Maw's spit stuffed in their throats whenever I run a support Zilean bot? I know that he can be played as AP, but his utility are that of a support.

Thanks in advance.
1. The only differences I think compare to Dota and LoL is the jungle and minions. In Dota pushing is much more powerful compare to LoL, and there are lot more things to do in the jungle. Denying minions is also a huge part in Dota while it is impossible in LoL.

2. Kennen and Taric are both really good to learn as they almost fit into every single team comp.

3. Getting shield first will usually hinder your early game. Most Orianna will not get the shield til level 4, so that they can get two levels into Q and one level into W to escape from ganks. It is recommended that you put one point into Q ASAP as it will be your main harass tool.
Note: After you leash, it takes a while for the jungle creep to aggro on the jungler, those times will usually either make your shield goes out of duration, or you will need to stay for a long time and lose exp.

4. The thing about Zilean support is that his only form of crowd control is a slow. Many other champions have stronger support ability (Such as Nunu, who slows and also decrease ATTACK SPEED) or Taric who completely stop the enemy from moving (stun) and have a strong aura with AD, AP, and armor. Zilean also doesn't have a heal, this make him a much more aggressive support with a strong poke but lack in defense when you are out of position and got caught by enemy crowd control.

Shiina Mikado

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Kennen and Taric are both really good to learn as they almost fit into every single team comp.
I see, but what about Alistar? He seems to be as tanky as Taric,has Malph's ult in 1-2, spammable heal, and a tanking ult.

Also, is Swain and Galio viable to pick for a tanky-AP?

ExecutionerKen

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina Mikado View Post
I see, but what about Alistar? He seems to be as tanky as Taric,has Malph's ult in 1-2, spammable heal, and a tanking ult.

Also, is Swain and Galio viable to pick for a tanky-AP?
Alistar is also a strong support, but often you will find him being banned in ranked as he is so good as a jungler or a support.

ExecutionerKen

08-22-2012

bump