Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalemh

01-25-2012

How the hell can i get a better elo, when you have 110 wins and 107 losses? i mean, i must win like 50 games to get at least 1400 elo. (i've 1080 already, but then i start with losses because of trolls).

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonCzar View Post
Why are people so overwhelmingly resistant to shake up the meta? My group is always willing to experiment but we rarely get to because people will whine, cry or troll when you try to do something different.

For example, we will run an AD carry with escape in mid. Hard counters many of the AP mid picks and provides gank insurance. Or we will run a different AD carry in bot lane than the usual cait, vayne, corki. We have great success in doing this but it's hard to get people's mind off the cookie-cutter build path and so often we lose because randoms won't take us seriously.

Any solutions?
Easy, full premade DUH!

Most people will want to stick to the safe path, if you want to try anything unique, getting a full premade is needed.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalemh View Post
How the hell can i get a better elo, when you have 110 wins and 107 losses? i mean, i must win like 50 games to get at least 1400 elo. (i've 1080 already, but then i start with losses because of trolls).
Talk with your team, ping to focus target and get major objective (dragon and baron)

Also, wards, last hits, etc.

Note: After checking your build I suggest you not to build BC after IE, mainly because it is too late in the game to make BC worth the money, build a last whisper instead.

Dieinpeace1

01-25-2012

I find that i do really well at farming CS. Can you recommend some good champs that i can carry games with based on getting really good farm? currently around 1200 elo.

ExecutionerKen

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kripper View Post
I find that i do really well at farming CS. Can you recommend some good champs that i can carry games with based on getting really good farm? currently around 1200 elo.
Nasus, Tryndamere, Gangplank, and most other ranged AD.

However, when you are at 1200 ELO, you going to want to get a solo lane, so the first 3 that I had mention are good.

sctwin

01-25-2012

In ranked games, how often do you see tanks getting picked? Every game? Cuz i consider myself pretty good with tanks and not much else (although i am working on renekton)....

ExecutionerKen

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctwin View Post
In ranked games, how often do you see tanks getting picked? Every game? Cuz i consider myself pretty good with tanks and not much else (although i am working on renekton)....
From my experience, true tank doesn't exist in ranked much more, most of the people go with tanky dps.

Like tanky gp, tanky nasus....but you still see amumu and rammus <--often banned

sctwin

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
From my experience, true tank doesn't exist in ranked much more, most of the people go with tanky dps.

Like tanky gp, tanky nasus....but you still see amumu and rammus <--often banned
Well, how about shen? He is pretty much my main (I kinda play him AP tank, I really love it when i ult a friend and the shield covers half his health And thanks for answerin.

Fivecrowns

01-25-2012

In levels 6-11 how do I know when it is a good idea to turret dive an enemy? I was playing nasus and our alkali came bot to help out, and runs into turret to kill amumu(60%) but I hang back because I don't think it is smart to engage and then get bandaged in turret range. So our alkali dies and says I'm terrible. I guess my question is when is it smart to turret dive, and what conditions do you look for when you do so? Would you dive while playing a character that doesn't have an escape eg. sanguine pool, kass flash or flash summoner spell?

Sorry if this has been asked, I didn't want to read 15 pages

Huudi

01-26-2012

Hi sweet thread

I'm still building up some runes for ranked, and would like to flesh out the champs a bit more.

My two rune pages are split into Arpen, armor, and MR with those same three things as quints for my physical and Mpen, armor, and AP/level with CDR, MR and AR quints for ap classes.

I have been saving up IP for which I would truthfully prefer to buy champions, but what gaps do I need to fill in my runes/rune pages for being ready for solo q?

I have some attack speed marks as well, I've consider AD marks but I feel Arpen allows me to then focus on typical dmg items like PD/BT/IE. Any advice on preparing rune-wise would be appreciated