Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DittoBlaze

08-07-2012

I have one question....

If your say 5-15 minutes into the game and things aren't going well (enemy got first blood, score is 0-5 to the enemy,) how can you stop the game from rapidly snowballing out of control?

BasedFakerSenpai

08-07-2012

I have 2 questions. One is nocturne related, the other is just a general question.

1. I have gotten skilled with nocturne, I love his play style and jungling speed/sustain. I am still having problems with ganks every now and again, and securing kills when I gank. So how can I get better? Also, if I miss nocturne's q, should I abandon or pursue and try to e?

2. I'm at level 29 currently, my skill level seems to have "platformed". I find I am losing more games now and not doing as well as I climb the levels. What can be done to keep improving? So you know, I know basic stuff like situational building and last hitting (although my timing could be better). I seem to have problems in knowing when to pull back and defend, or attack.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dota1467 View Post
I have one question....

If your say 5-15 minutes into the game and things aren't going well (enemy got first blood, score is 0-5 to the enemy,) how can you stop the game from rapidly snowballing out of control?
Map control is the key, and also leveling.

A level advantage on your champion will yield more advantage than a kill does, as your stats and skill are now improved.

The key is that you don't let the game snowball out of control and go hyper aggressive. Since you are an item behind the enemy (usually a doran item in this case), fighting straight on battle will be stupid. On the other hand, because the enemy has stronger item, they will tend to be more aggressive. Make use of their aggression, and call the jungler's help since they will usually push.

tl;dr Play passive and use experience (level) to cover the differences of gold.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel°uch Fi View Post
I have 2 questions. One is nocturne related, the other is just a general question.

1. I have gotten skilled with nocturne, I love his play style and jungling speed/sustain. I am still having problems with ganks every now and again, and securing kills when I gank. So how can I get better? Also, if I miss nocturne's q, should I abandon or pursue and try to e?

2. I'm at level 29 currently, my skill level seems to have "platformed". I find I am losing more games now and not doing as well as I climb the levels. What can be done to keep improving? So you know, I know basic stuff like situational building and last hitting (although my timing could be better). I seem to have problems in knowing when to pull back and defend, or attack.
1. Nocturne's Q is a huge buff to his damage and chasing ability. Most of the time you will not want to miss that. A way to work around that is to go from the back of the lane. Rather than always going straight from river, you can always go from behind the tribush (top lane and bot) and sometimes, the turret (depend on your hp level). That way you are closer to the enemy and can land that Q easier.

2. Seems like you have reached your true elo, it is fine to lose some games, eventually you will learn.

Duhizy

08-14-2012

bump cuz ken is the ****

Jesot

08-14-2012

I need some advice for what I might be lacking in my stable. Keep in mind that I am only super confident with a handful of these...

Top: Cho'Gath, Fizz, Garen, Jax, Kayle, Malphite, Nasus, Sion, Teemo, Tryndamere, Warwick

APC: Annie, Morgana, Ryze, Veigar

ADC: Ashe, Siver, Tristana, Vayne

Sup: Alistar, Fiddlesticks, Janna, Soraka, Taric, Zilean

Jun: Amumu, Evelynn, Rammus, Udyr

Forgive/Correct me if I've classified any of these incorrectly.

Champs I play often:
Annie, Ashe, Garen, Soraka, Taric, Udyr

Haven't played much/in awhile, but am confident with:
Alistar, Fizz, Kayle, Sion, Tristana, Warwick

Champs I'm learning:
Jax, Morgana, Ryze, Vayne

Champs I never use:
Amumu, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Janna, Nasus, Shaco, Sivir, Teemo, Tryndamere, Veigar, Zilean

Typically, I end up jungling or support because I just pick what the rest of the team won't play (because I prefer to not lose). I'm pretty comfortable with 3 very good support champs (from what I gather) in Soraka, Taric, and Alistar. I've only ever jungled with Warwick and Udyr (exclusively with Udyr now).

On champs that I'm learning, I've found I don't like Vayne that much. I'm too used to Ashe, who has very good early game farm and Vayne is very weak in the laning phase. And, for some reason, I seem to not do well with Ryze. Very limited sample with Jax & Malphite (because I rarely get to solo top in normal blind - but I know I need to not use Garen).

I'm just looking for some advice on where I should put my focus and if there are any champs that would fill holes in my stable (whether I own them already or not). I'm pretty versatile and like playing every role (not sure where I'd fit best in a 5-man team). Ideally, I'd like to know 3 of each role that are competitive champs.

ExecutionerK

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesot View Post
I need some advice for what I might be lacking in my stable. Keep in mind that I am only super confident with a handful of these...

Top: Cho'Gath, Fizz, Garen, Jax, Kayle, Malphite, Nasus, Sion, Teemo, Tryndamere, Warwick

APC: Annie, Morgana, Ryze, Veigar

ADC: Ashe, Siver, Tristana, Vayne

Sup: Alistar, Fiddlesticks, Janna, Soraka, Taric, Zilean

Jun: Amumu, Evelynn, Rammus, Udyr

Forgive/Correct me if I've classified any of these incorrectly.

Champs I play often:
Annie, Ashe, Garen, Soraka, Taric, Udyr

Haven't played much/in awhile, but am confident with:
Alistar, Fizz, Kayle, Sion, Tristana, Warwick

Champs I'm learning:
Jax, Morgana, Ryze, Vayne

Champs I never use:
Amumu, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Janna, Nasus, Shaco, Sivir, Teemo, Tryndamere, Veigar, Zilean

Typically, I end up jungling or support because I just pick what the rest of the team won't play (because I prefer to not lose). I'm pretty comfortable with 3 very good support champs (from what I gather) in Soraka, Taric, and Alistar. I've only ever jungled with Warwick and Udyr (exclusively with Udyr now).

On champs that I'm learning, I've found I don't like Vayne that much. I'm too used to Ashe, who has very good early game farm and Vayne is very weak in the laning phase. And, for some reason, I seem to not do well with Ryze. Very limited sample with Jax & Malphite (because I rarely get to solo top in normal blind - but I know I need to not use Garen).

I'm just looking for some advice on where I should put my focus and if there are any champs that would fill holes in my stable (whether I own them already or not). I'm pretty versatile and like playing every role (not sure where I'd fit best in a 5-man team). Ideally, I'd like to know 3 of each role that are competitive champs.
1. I think you don't like Vayne mainly due to her range. I checked your match history and you have really bad creep score with Vayne, that might suggest you to move with champions with much longer range (Caitlyn?)
Note: Vayne is not that weak in lane phase, her burst after level 3 is crazy

2. You seems to be in favor for champions that are either tanky or much safer to play as. I will suggest you to actually practice more Jax and Malphite as both of them does really well in a team fight.

3. Ryze is hard for most beginners because he requires super fast spellcasting, and most people doesn't use smartcast,. which hugely decrease the damage being done by Ryze, it will be better for you to pick up other champions that use smartcast as a burst, then switch to Ryze for sustain smartcasts (Maybe Leblanc?)

Top: Malphite, Jax, Kennen
Mid: Twisted Fate, Anivia, Cassiopedia
Support: You got most of them
AD: Vayne, Graves, Ashe/Corki (Maybe Urgot if you are willing to spend the time to learn it)
Jungle: Warwick, Lee Sin, Maokai

Jesot

08-14-2012

Last time I played Vayne, ******* left me solo bot for some reason. But the range does screw with me a bit.

DivineNewb

08-14-2012

Hi, I'm only a 1266 elo player, but recently my brother and I got into an intense argument over what to max on Blitzcrank. My brother said the grab, for the damage, whereas I supported the speed steroid for better engages, disengages and returning to lane. (We are talking about support by the way) Any pro can enlighten me on which is better? Thank you.

ExecutionerK

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineNewb View Post
Hi, I'm only a 1266 elo player, but recently my brother and I got into an intense argument over what to max on Blitzcrank. My brother said the grab, for the damage, whereas I supported the speed steroid for better engages, disengages and returning to lane. (We are talking about support by the way) Any pro can enlighten me on which is better? Thank you.
There are mainly two types of blitzcrank in the support role, one max Q (grab) while the other max E (power fist).

The reason behind this is because the damage scale on the grab is really good, and some extra cooldown reduction isn't bad on a support that really focus on grabbing the enemy out of position.

On the other hand, the blitzcrank that max out E can keep on interrupting the enemy, which favor a battle that lasts less than 10 seconds much more than the one maxing the Q. (Powerfist's cooldown can go as low as 3 seconds if you get max cooldown reduction)

Maxing W is possible in some cases where you actually do some damage (aka, you bring AD rune page with mastery so that you actually autoattack for quite a lot of damage) but if you don't. you will often find yourself better off maxing either Q or E.

Note: After maxing either Q or E, you can max W second, this is due to W is mostly not needed during laning (level 1 is often enough) but once the team fights start, W can be really rewarding for positioning yourself for grab or just charge into the enemy carry with power fist