Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aqua Dragon 33

Recruiter

07-31-2012

First want to say thanks so much for helping me out with these questions. I've been constantly striving to get my game better and it's significantly improved with the tips you've given me as responses.

So i got another question. When I play top lane, I usually can take down the opponent's tower fairly quickly with my heavy pusher. The problem I'm having is... what then? After I've taken down the opponent's turret, there are a few options I understand can be chosen:

1.Extend further into top and continue pushing
2.Go into another lane and help take down that tower
3.Freeze the lane and farm the minions

I've noticed that each of the three seems to have their own separate issue, however. If I go with number 1, the chances of being ganked and killed rise significantly, and it's an extremely risky manuever with little tradeoff if I keep dying just to get the next tower.

When I try number 2, either I end up taking a lot of the CS as I try to push to the turret, or the top laner stalks me over to whatever lane I'm helping push and takes away the 2v1 advantage, or the top laner just keeps pushing heavily toward my tower.

and when I try number 3, it seems like the top laner just goes around trying to wreck havoc in others lanes as I gather up the extra gold.

What do?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Push the minions wave then help other lanes or take the enemy jungler. Make not only one but two of the enemy to be frustrated with your existence, and allow a much easier opening to be made on bottom lane or dragon.

You don't want to freeze the minions and farm after taking the tower down in most cases unless you are playing something such as Nasus or Jax.

n00boxular

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Let's talk Xin Zhao.

Still viable in the jungle after the passive AS removal from his W?

I have no clue what to build on him after wriggles and boots.

Do I get wit's end?
Do I start building a Tri Force?
Should I build Black Cleaver after Wriggles and boots?
Should I get Hexdrinker and Phage to be built into Maw of Malmortius and Frozen mallet?

Most importantly tho: IS THERE ANY WAY TO BUILD HIM WITHOUT THE ****ING YOUMUU'S GHOSTBLADE ****?

Mungril

08-03-2012

I currently own Malphite but i'm stuck from choosing which other tank I should buy. I'm interested in Shen and Amumu, I like damage along with health (who doesn't ?). I would appreciate it if you would help me choose. Thanks.

ExecutionerK

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Let's talk Xin Zhao.

Do I get wit's end?
Should I get Hexdrinker and Phage to be built into Maw of Malmortius and Frozen mallet?

Most importantly tho: IS THERE ANY WAY TO BUILD HIM WITHOUT THE ****ING YOUMUU'S GHOSTBLADE ****?
Xin is more viable at top lane after the remade, as his skills are now much more rewarding for dueling enemy top laner

Wit's end can be a decent item after you getting your first item and in need of magic resist (usually more than 2 magical damage dealer on enemy team), trinity force is fine if you are snowballing hard, although i will stick with phage and build other items depend on the situation.

Hexdrinker is also a decent item, just make sure that you don't build both hexdrink and wit's end at the same time (Personally i think Hexdrink more if you are going to upgrade it into the Maw, otherwise wit's end shines more mid game.

You don't need Yommu on Xin.

Philipapw

08-07-2012

I normally build FON on Xin. Should I build Maw or Wits instead?

Also thoughts on trinity force/infinity edge/yommu on Riven? I know that the general idea is to build all ad items and have ga as the only survival item on her but are any of those three items worth it?

Owl Be Back

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipapw View Post
I normally build FON on Xin. Should I build Maw or Wits instead?

Also thoughts on trinity force/infinity edge/yommu on Riven? I know that the general idea is to build all ad items and have ga as the only survival item on her but are any of those three items worth it?
Maw on xin.

Sometimes inf is ok on riven but never get trinity

Owl Be Back

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Let's talk Xin Zhao.

Do I get wit's end?

why would you not want to get youmos? its great on him.

Rush mallet then go into ghostblade. Randuin BV and thirster.

Basballguy

08-07-2012

How often is Karth banned at fresh 30 (ranked)? I've played him a great deal over the last 2 months and just recently discovered the whole draft concept. I've played a couple dozen draft games and he gets banned more times than not. Looking at the top 10 ban list i don't see him on there so i'm wondering what the frequency is.

ExecutionerK

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basballguy View Post
How often is Karth banned at fresh 30 (ranked)? I've played him a great deal over the last 2 months and just recently discovered the whole draft concept. I've played a couple dozen draft games and he gets banned more times than not. Looking at the top 10 ban list i don't see him on there so i'm wondering what the frequency is.
Rarely any ban on karthus

I don't think you will be able to pick Karthus every single time though...it is hard to get ap mid in new ranked.