Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Sassycat View Post
The small amount of AP Kage's gives is actually nice for shield and heals, as far as I've seen. And i know Avarice stats aren't fantastic on him but i'm building strictly for the GP5 because of my expensive build. The only thing is all the GP5 delay my build somewhat and i was wondering if that's okay if it gives me a stronger later game and i can rely on my team (I build differently for solo queue). But i guess since to don't play Skarner too much i'll just have to hassle someone else for help :d
Rather than building that Kage, a sheen will be much better with only like 500 more cost.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

How to get out of 1800 ELO? I swear 1 in 3 games I get one guy rage quitting, 1 in 3 games where one guy is absolutely terrible and doesn't belong in plat, and 1 in 3 games where both solos lose. I am a firm believer that winning your lane will make you gain elo eventually, but this is becoming so common that I can't advance without watching people throw games like its nothing.

ExecutionerK

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaltron View Post
How to get out of 1800 ELO? I swear 1 in 3 games I get one guy rage quitting, 1 in 3 games where one guy is absolutely terrible and doesn't belong in plat, and 1 in 3 games where both solos lose. I am a firm believer that winning your lane will make you gain elo eventually, but this is becoming so common that I can't advance without watching people throw games like its nothing.
1800 elo is one of the few range that is really annoying.

People keep dropping from 1900 (ELO job to 1900 is pretty common) and then just play and lost, so it is hard.'

If you find it hard to carry them, I recommend bringing a partner with 1700 elo, a team form by 1700 to 1800 is going to be better than mostly 1800s.

***Warning, the partner cannot go below 1700, as anywhere below them is another elo job area. (1700 elo has a increase of price)

Amaltron

05-28-2012

The problem is, I don't have anyone to duo queue with. I know that if I find a duo partner, I would have a lot better luck but I can't find anyone to duo with Q_Q. I haven't found someone in solo queue that is actually good and without a partner already.

ExecutionerK

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaltron View Post
The problem is, I don't have anyone to duo queue with. I know that if I find a duo partner, I would have a lot better luck but I can't find anyone to duo with Q_Q. I haven't found someone in solo queue that is actually good and without a partner already.
Well, if you play enough games and you are good, eventually you will move up.

It takes time though, and I do not recommend it

(Although I got to 1900 plainly by soloing...)

Edit: I found that around 1800, support role is actually really important. People as those range know the idea of supporting but none of them really master it (or good enough) for most of the ranged AD at that elo. As a result, good supporting can easily turn that bottom lane into a huge massacre.

Amaltron

05-29-2012

I don't deny that since I've experienced some of the worst supports in this elo. However, after finding so many games where my first pick plat ad carry plays worse than a 1600 player, I don't know if it is simply the support role or not. The overall consensus is that people don't know how to lane against a blitz lane. Tryharding doesn't seem to work anymore.

Tha Dynamite

05-29-2012

I'LL DUO WIH YOU, AMAL!.

But I'm not 1700...yet. BUT YOU CAN GET ME THERE! I HAVE FAITH IN YOU.

Vagyna Myte

05-29-2012

I've just started ranked games, my Elo was at 1200 now down too 900. I'll go jungler Olaf, but it seems I just can't seal the deal. We'll be winning 14 - 5 then somehow they come back beating us. I usually get fed but I don't seem able to carry the team to the finish line.

Examples:
Push them down to their turret then somehow we get destroyed. Should we not do that w/o a puller or tank?

My team can't seem to angle for their AP / AD carry should I charge at the carry, or stay by my carries and protect?

ExecutionerK

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Terminaten View Post
I've just started ranked games, my Elo was at 1200 now down too 900. I'll go jungler Olaf, but it seems I just can't seal the deal. We'll be winning 14 - 5 then somehow they come back beating us. I usually get fed but I don't seem able to carry the team to the finish line.

Examples:
Push them down to their turret then somehow we get destroyed. Should we not do that w/o a puller or tank?

My team can't seem to angle for their AP / AD carry should I charge at the carry, or stay by my carries and protect?
Always charge at the carry when you are olaf. Tell your team to group up and force fight if you are ahead. The longer you spread out the more time you give the enemy to comeback.

Duhizy

05-29-2012

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/472275/

plz watch this and tell me what i could have done. Basically, the jungler,top and mid plus blitz were premade and the ashe was random vs us that were all randoms. Obviously, their coordination is to much for a solo q team to handle and we all got denied hard but what could i have done to win this game and maybe some tips as to how i can play like they did ever game( mainly vlad,panth and kennen)maybe some overall game advice.