Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Madness View Post
I am having troubles actually getting better at the game, I have a very hard time carrying a team for instance even though say I play like fizz and I get fed in the mid lane going 10/4/3 by the end of the laning phase and still not being able to pull out a win. My guess is it isn't champ skill but game skill like team coordination, baron, minion, dragon, and map control. What are your tips on:

1. Ganking when you are in a lane, particularly mid lane, but bot and top as well
2. How to control baron and Dragon.
3. What to do after you kill the enemy in your lane (I have a hard time figuring out what to do).
4. How to come back after losing a tower or losing the first team fight
5. How to coordinate a team.
1. After level 6, you can always gank after shoving the minions.
2. Ward, and map awareness. If there are 4 bots(enemy) and 3 bots (your team) jack the top turret, and vice verse (jack dragon if it is the other way)
3. depend on the situation, you can push the turret (if it is not dangerous) shove the minions and recall (usually safer and can deny the enemy gold and xp) or just go back
4. Wards. Start catching the people who are wondering alone, and jungler who are getting his buff. It is not that hard to time the enemy red or blue buff so that you can ambush them
5. Get a good score, never yell at the team, ping the map so they notice it, and communicate.

Warm One

05-21-2012

When should I pick Shyvana or Skarner. Who is best against what?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
When should I pick Shyvana or Skarner. Who is best against what?
Shyvana when your team can allow you to counter jungle/ jack dragon
Skarner when there is an enemy on the team that you must catch (such as Kass, Graves, Vayne)

DCMagic

05-21-2012

can you give your thoughts on cho? For instance how to build and the runes i should use as a level 8 summoner? Thank you sir

FaerellG

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMagic View Post
can you give your thoughts on cho? For instance how to build and the runes i should use as a level 8 summoner? Thank you sir
I would recommend not buying Runes until you hit level 20 (so you can get tier 3 runes and not waste any IP on tier 1 and 2...the rune combiner is rather random).
You're better off saving your IP so that you can buy a full set of runes as soon as you hit 20, that will help you grind to 30 much more effectively.

To be honest, at level 8, there's not much you can want for in terms of customization.

Cho is a fairly versatile champion. So you can focus on Defenses or AP, but always on CDR.
You should play him as a Tanky mage.
Even if you build pure AP items, you can still maintain a hard to kill status by virtue of your naturally high HP. Just remember to build the hybrid AP/Defense items like Zhonya's or Abyssal Scepter if you plan on going primarily AP.

If you want to go more of a "tank/protector" then you'll want Rylai's Crystal Scepter for the slow passive (which works with your E to effectively perma-slow opponents), then stack Armor and MR. Avoid stacking HP because you have naturally high HP already, Armor and MR do much more to increase your survivability as a tank. You'll also want to max out your CDR so you can use your disabling abilities more frequently. Frozen Heart is one the must buy items for Cho even if you're aiming for AP primarily. The 20% CDR is too good to pass up.

ExecutionerKen

05-21-2012

Quote:
Chogath is best suit to go with AP tanky build. There is no core item but RoA, Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter are all good items to build on him

Generally you will want mercury thread for the tenacity, other times, you might want ninja tabi as your solo top enemy will most likely be dealing physical damage.

Don't use runes when you are level 8, wait til level 20 and buy them. You can go with magic pen mark, armor or mana regen seal, and MR/lvl glpyh. Quints should be AP, armor, or Movement speed

Valledia

05-22-2012

I mostly main Morgana right now in Normal (Blind) games. I don't feel I have the champion selection or skill to play Draft yet, and I'm not yet level 30. I feel like I do pretty well with her, with a >50% W/L, and usually neutral or better in K/D, with a high number of assists from CC, or running into a teamfight and hitting R. I typically build Meki+2hp to Chalice, boots, RoA, Deathcap, Hourglass (if the game lasts that long), though it varies somewhat depending on the game.

Anyway, I keep hearing about how she's a common ban. What are some champions with similar playstyles or kits? I've been looking at Lux, who looks like she has similar abilities, though more offensively oriented. Thoughts?

Also, I've been trying to learn how to play as an AD carry as well, with a notable lack of success. I can do alright with Kayle as an off-carry/support, probably due to a combination of being underestimated and having good escape skills, but I tend to get horribly murdered as a true AD carry. Any suggestions?

Finally, a tank/bruiser... I should learn to play at least one of them as well, but I really don't know where to start.

edit: Oh hey, new free champions, including Lux and Varus. Time to go give them a spin...

ExecutionerKen

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valledia View Post
I mostly main Morgana right now in Normal (Blind) games. I don't feel I have the champion selection or skill to play Draft yet, and I'm not yet level 30. I feel like I do pretty well with her, with a >50% W/L, and usually neutral or better in K/D, with a high number of assists from CC, or running into a teamfight and hitting R. I typically build Meki+2hp to Chalice, boots, RoA, Deathcap, Hourglass (if the game lasts that long), though it varies somewhat depending on the game.

Anyway, I keep hearing about how she's a common ban. What are some champions with similar playstyles or kits? I've been looking at Lux, who looks like she has similar abilities, though more offensively oriented. Thoughts?

Also, I've been trying to learn how to play as an AD carry as well, with a notable lack of success. I can do alright with Kayle as an off-carry/support, probably due to a combination of being underestimated and having good escape skills, but I tend to get horribly murdered as a true AD carry. Any suggestions?

Finally, a tank/bruiser... I should learn to play at least one of them as well, but I really don't know where to start.

edit: Oh hey, new free champions, including Lux and Varus. Time to go give them a spin...
Morg is one of the easiest champion with high reward, thus the reason why she is always banned

There is not any other champion that can be as rewarding as she is with such low skill cap, Lux requires a lot of skill shot and have much less sustain compare to morg, so I doubt you will be able to pick her up quick

On the other hand, the main differences between Kayle and most ranged AD is the scaling.

Kayle doesn't scale well with AD and crit, she scales better with AP and AS, thus the reason why she is stronger before the ranged AD finish their IE and PD build.

You will need to build some form of sustain in order to fight against most farmed ranged AD, your ultimate does allow you to stay in the fight for 3 seconds longer, however, allowing you to usually win against most ranged AD unless you get burst down.

DCMagic

05-22-2012

Thanks for the help so far.
as a new player,
1 how do you ambush properly with similar health levels? Specifically with cho who i've been playing with recently how do you ambush with him. From my limited experience, people seem to ambush either really early or mid levels.
2 what type of boots do you suggest for a tank
3 boots for cho being hammered by master li
Thanks again!

ExecutionerKen

05-22-2012

Quote:
Thanks for the help so far.
as a new player,
1 how do you ambush properly with similar health levels? Specifically with cho who i've been playing with recently how do you ambush with him. From my limited experience, people seem to ambush either really early or mid levels.
2 what type of boots do you suggest for a tank
3 boots for cho being hammered by master li
Thanks again!
1. What do you mean by ambush?
2. As i said earlier, mercury thread or ninja tabi.
3. Same thing once again, ninja tabi