Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Sassycat

05-10-2012

Assuming you are up against a team comp that won't shut you down if you take the time to stop and AA, is building Nashors on Orianna good? I like the stats it gives and the idea of having other damage besides my burst, but maybe it's not as good as i think it is.

ExecutionerK

05-10-2012

Quote:
Voidjames:
1.5% Bonus Damage = Havoc
3% Lifesteal = Vampirism
Which mastery do i take preference for on an AD botlane carry?

Usually I will take 3% lifesteal, as it helps you on sustaining at bottom better after the lifesteal item nerf.

however, Havoc is still a a good choice if your champion can burst in AoE damage, such as Graves (that little damage can lead to the differences of a kill and a death in extreme cases)

ExecutionerK

05-10-2012

Quote:
General Sassycat:
Assuming you are up against a team comp that won't shut you down if you take the time to stop and AA, is building Nashors on Orianna good? I like the stats it gives and the idea of having other damage besides my burst, but maybe it's not as good as i think it is.

Nashors is a bad item overall. The problem with it is that not that champion can clearly use both of the stats effectively.

Think about it, when you have AS, you want more AD. When you have more AP, you want to have even more AP.

Lastly, in order for you to use Nashors effectively, you must stay in autoattack range, which in other words, you will need to be able to stay alive in range. That also means that you cannot build as a glass cannon, aka, you will need another extra item to defend for yourself.

So in conclusion, this item that seems so good on paper, actually force you to buy a little bit of everything else, which in return makes it a bad item.

FFiresoul

05-10-2012

How much magic resist does someone need to have before madred's bloodrazor is an inefficient item? Is there ever a situation to build this item and how do you know when it would be good?

HMS BUTTPEE

05-10-2012

How do I lane against Fizz as Veigar?

That...did not go well.

ExecutionerK

05-10-2012

Quote:
FFiresoul:
How much magic resist does someone need to have before madred's bloodrazor is an inefficient item? Is there ever a situation to build this item and how do you know when it would be good?

I have never pay attention to the stats, but I am pretty sure that once the enemy have pass 100 MR, MBR is totally trashed.

ExecutionerK

05-10-2012

Quote:
Nyyyyyy:
How do I lane against Fizz as Veigar?

That...did not go well.

Fizz relys on using his Q and E to harass you, and use W to increase his damage.

The biggest problem with Veigar against Fizz is that he can keep using Q to dash on you under turret, and E to escape, my solution will be putting few more points into E at earlier level, and force him to take one or two turret shot each time he attempt to harass you.

Use autoattack to harass him back when it is possible.

Stripetail

05-10-2012

I originally posted in here before I noticed you had a thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2111338

Quote:
Re: stacking Doran's Ring

This is something I see happen a lot, and I'm wondering when I should/shouldn't do this. Like, what's the logic behind it, so I know how to make the better decision? My usual approach is to build Meki pendant for an early tear if I am playing a mana-starved mid, or a sapphire crystal for an early Catalyst for a mid who doesn't use much mana.

So when should I stack the rings, and when should I not?

ExecutionerK

05-10-2012

Quote:
Stripetail:
I originally posted in here before I noticed you had a thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2111338

Stacking doran ring only when you need the hp, mana regen, or lack the money to buy anything else. Never stack more than 3 doran ring as well.

Example:
1. Need HP to counter LB or Annie's burst. Doran ring is good.
2. Gragas is mana hungry, a doran or two is good for mana regen, it also works well with his passive (HP scaling)
3. Have 700 gold, far away from blasting wand, then Doran and few pots is a good choice.

Cesmus

05-11-2012

Thank you for this helpful thread. I read all your posts starting from page 1.

I'm a terrible player. I just got to level 30, but I've been away from the game for nearly 1.5 years, I may as well be a newbie.

Question 1: on Vlad

I used to do ok with Vlad, but nowadays I'm just horrible. (I kept up with the nerfs and buffs so I'm not unaware). Early game I know what to do: last hit, trade harass, keep save and don't try to do too much. But starting from mid game I don't know what to do, where I should be.

If I try to push a lane, I get ganked. Pool losing that speed boost really messed up my timing. But watching game streams it seems that a lot of times Vlad can't escape anymore. Not like he used to be able to do. My damage is also winding down quite a bit from mid to late.

What is the role Vlad should be playing?

Q2: on WW.

I dont own WW as yet, but I always wanted to get him since the early days of LoL and still haven't. What is your opinion on Jungle WW, with a build based on on-hit? I'm thinking of doing that so I can reuse my AP based runes (I most play AP, and I'm so new I don't have AD runes).

MS quints, hp per level yellow, MPen reds. AP per level blues (useless on WW but I eventually plan on getting MR per level, or CDR. between the 2 which is better for general purpose?)

Build order: Cloth+pots/cloth+pots+ward. I wanted Sword for increased speed in jungle but I tried to play a custom game and I died. I think without flat armor yellows this is impossible.
Going for Madred's, then boots, then wit's end, then finish Sorc boots. Then Phage>Frozen Mallet. And then Malady and Spirit Visage.

I wanted Bloodrazor too, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get enough gold. IF I were to incorporate it, where should I put it? Before Mallet or after?

Should I put Maladay and Spirit Visage earlier (finishing with Mallet and Bloodrazor?) I read in 1 of ur posts to build WW tanky. I'm hoping wit's end and Mallet to be enough for that tanky part. But perhaps I need Visage early too? I don't want to gimp my damage.

Skill builds I read in a guide to get a point in W to start. Then max Q 1st, followed by W and E.

Thank you for helping.