Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larc58 View Post
eum remind me if Miss fortunes double shot proc sheen effect or no?

EDIT: nvm found info on wikia and yeah it does.....i know most people would be like its no good work on farming and get ur crit chance higher faster.But when im even a little bit behind and the enemy is ahead and stacks armor, i cant be only farming when team fights are imminent and the support isnt warding...im considering my options to do good damage on games like that ._.

speaking of which.......compare the pre 25 min damage on MF with.............black cleaver and sheen and infinity edge and zeal if you can and with or without crits
Crit is still a really good stat, I would prefer to have IE and zeal.

As for the replay, i will look at it tomorrow.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larc58 View Post
is this tread dead? ok so my build aint all that but seriously i feel like i coulda done way otherwise to win this here game, volibear is op but that late game i kinda mess up i think
Explain a few things that went majorly wonrg? cause yeah other then ward control being low and fed corki i feel like i coulda done so much more this game but dunno how heh so advice please

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/379183/
You did many things wrong, the first thing will be not being aggressive at level 1, you have heal and started with health crystal, GP started with boot + 3 pots. If you push your advantage, you can literally just spam everything on GP and push him out of lane.

Secondly, you bought another health crystal before you buy boot, that is actually a really bad choice. GP has a slow and a movement speed buff, you should always get boot to balance that out

Then thirdly, you do not understand the concept of "minion control" You went back with ~600 health around 6:30, that is a really bad choice. You have the chance to clear out all the minion, making GP loses more xp and gold!

The attempts on helping other lanes is good, but I suggest you to actually buy some wards, you team never have any vision on the map. ** An example will be when the enemy got dragon at 17 minutes, none of you guys know about it.

----------Big mistakes that I see in your gameplay---------

1. Spamming too much abilities on minions
You keep running out of mana due to that.

2. Never ward
I said about the reason.

3. Too much health stacking
Get some resistance before 2nd warmog

4. Too much recalling
Check your replay, you keep on recalling when it is not necessary/ bad choice.

Sokolniki

04-25-2012

What's a good build order on Leona? I know that CDR is a good stat on her, but I feel that when I go for Frozen Heart as her first major item, she tends to feel squishy in the mid game team fights due to lack of HP.

til Days of Blue

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
What's a good build order on Leona? I know that CDR is a good stat on her, but I feel that when I go for Frozen Heart as her first major item, she tends to feel squishy in the mid game team fights due to lack of HP.
CDR = HP > Aura > Resist.

Philo stone, Boot, HoG, upgrade to t2 boot

after that, it is depend on the enemy
If you need some HP and CDR, start working on Shureliya, otherwise, Aegis is a really good choice.

Hellfire014

04-25-2012

I love Shen. I've been playing him since before pre-season 1 (week 24 at earliest), and played him for at least 500+ games, including customs. With the somewhat recent changes, I've been determined to play him as a jungler, but I feel that I am slower than I should be with him.

My setup is AS red, Armor Yellow, MR/lvl Blues, MS quints. 9/21/0, Smite/Ghost or Flash. Ruby > HoG > boots > Phage, Wits End, then build from there. Wolves > Blue > Wraiths > Wolves > Red, etc. QWQEWR

I was recently defeated (roflstomped) by a jungle Shen, and he advised Boots first, Wolves > Blue > Gank or steal Red. QE (gank)/ QWE (Red steal). The advice seems sound, and I look forward to trying it out. EDIT: Smite/Exhaust

Do you have any extra advice for item build (trip back I should have them?), how often I should gank, and how to overall speed up my jungling? Edit2: I realize he isn't supposed to be the fastest jungler, and that I'm intentionally not getting a razor. Would that be a major problem? I figured getting tanky items would be better for team (and help innate and Q), though that would rely on teammates.

edit3: most of those games were from before season 1 started, so the current version is quite a bit different. I miss the 1 hit shield.

ThorHammerz

04-25-2012

Been thinking of going back to playing Karthus. I was wondering about some items that I've never really used (or found room for in my usual build), so I'd like to know if they are viable and effective on him:

- Will of the Ancients (while the AoE will make the spellvamp heal him really well, I just feel that he doesn't have the HP to not get instagibbed in a fight to make use of the spellvamp, and building too tanky gimps damage by a lot...)

- Catalyst the Protector vs. Tear of the Goddess. Before, I've always recalled at 7-8 minutes for t2 boots, tear, and a few health pots, assuming I'm not facing an assassin such as LeBlanc, Kassadin etc, so my question becomes: would it be better to keep going ToG instead of Catalyst first, assuming I'm not losing my lane? I had a little argument w/ a friend over this, so I'd like to know (he stated that Catalyst gives HP regen, but for me HP pots and simply dodging harass/not walking into kill range does fine for me). I also get the Tear charged up by 25-30 minutes normally, and upgrade it into an ArchAngels Staff after my Rabadons, before getting survivability items next. Is a Rod of Ages a good pick at this point? Or is Rylais a better choice for the HP I need?

til Days of Blue

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
I love Shen. I've been playing him since before pre-season 1 (week 24 at earliest), and played him for at least 500+ games, including customs. With the somewhat recent changes, I've been determined to play him as a jungler, but I feel that I am slower than I should be with him.

My setup is AS red, Armor Yellow, MR/lvl Blues, MS quints. 9/21/0, Smite/Ghost or Flash. Ruby > HoG > boots > Phage, Wits End, then build from there. Wolves > Blue > Wraiths > Wolves > Red, etc. QWQEWR

I was recently defeated (roflstomped) by a jungle Shen, and he advised Boots first, Wolves > Blue > Gank or steal Red. QE (gank)/ QWE (Red steal). The advice seems sound, and I look forward to trying it out. EDIT: Smite/Exhaust

Do you have any extra advice for item build (trip back I should have them?), how often I should gank, and how to overall speed up my jungling? Edit2: I realize he isn't supposed to be the fastest jungler, and that I'm intentionally not getting a razor. Would that be a major problem? I figured getting tanky items would be better for team (and help innate and Q), though that would rely on teammates.

edit3: most of those games were from before season 1 started, so the current version is quite a bit different. I miss the 1 hit shield.
Ruby start is usually bad, since you want the movement speed on boot or cloth armor + hp pot for sustain in the jungle.
I think that you shouldn't go back to wolves after wraith, the reason is that you are going back into a space that only have one camp, versus two camps (golem and red camp) that should save you some time

Wriggle is still "okay" to be on Shen, however, I think you should try to build a wit's end. It is really cost effective even with the increase cost.

til Days of Blue

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorHammerz View Post
Been thinking of going back to playing Karthus. I was wondering about some items that I've never really used (or found room for in my usual build), so I'd like to know if they are viable and effective on him:

- Will of the Ancients (while the AoE will make the spellvamp heal him really well, I just feel that he doesn't have the HP to not get instagibbed in a fight to make use of the spellvamp, and building too tanky gimps damage by a lot...)

- Catalyst the Protector vs. Tear of the Goddess. Before, I've always recalled at 7-8 minutes for t2 boots, tear, and a few health pots, assuming I'm not facing an assassin such as LeBlanc, Kassadin etc, so my question becomes: would it be better to keep going ToG instead of Catalyst first, assuming I'm not losing my lane? I had a little argument w/ a friend over this, so I'd like to know (he stated that Catalyst gives HP regen, but for me HP pots and simply dodging harass/not walking into kill range does fine for me). I also get the Tear charged up by 25-30 minutes normally, and upgrade it into an ArchAngels Staff after my Rabadons, before getting survivability items next. Is a Rod of Ages a good pick at this point? Or is Rylais a better choice for the HP I need?
WoTA is still a good item on Karthus, especially if your top is also going to use the spell vamp.

The differences for getting ToG and Catalyst is mainly for one reason
---Will your jungler gives you blue buff.

In most cases, you should have enough mana to use as Karthus with blue buff, however, without it, you going to need to get the ToG into Archangel to maintain your mana pool and mana regen, otherwise, Catalyst is usually a better choice, Rylai if you team lack CC, and finally Rabadons for increasing damage.

Sparrow420

04-25-2012

Im 981 elo with 107 wins and 104 losses and 248 normal wins, Ive played well over 500 games if you were to count my normal losses, I also played dota for many years, so i know the basics to the game. I still catch myself making mistakes like ganking bottom when its un-warded and getting caught. i try not to make mistakes like that and beat myself up for doing it. Ive stopped playing ranked and went to normal games to practice and find out what im doing wrong, but i really have no one to help me improve. I feel like im missing certain details to the game. What could i do to help myself improve? what can i look for in my gameplay to improve my skills and raise my elo? and would it be possible for you to do an ingame lesson with me?

Sorry for the wall of text im terrible at paragraphing and punctuation.

til Days of Blue

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow420 View Post
Im 981 elo with 107 wins and 104 losses and 248 normal wins, Ive played well over 500 games if you were to count my normal losses, I also played dota for many years, so i know the basics to the game. I still catch myself making mistakes like ganking bottom when its un-warded and getting caught. i try not to make mistakes like that and beat myself up for doing it. Ive stopped playing ranked and went to normal games to practice and find out what im doing wrong, but i really have no one to help me improve. I feel like im missing certain details to the game. What could i do to help myself improve? what can i look for in my gameplay to improve my skills and raise my elo? and would it be possible for you to do an ingame lesson with me?

Sorry for the wall of text im terrible at paragraphing and punctuation.
Post a replay for a more specific list of suggestion =]