Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
As for your solo top, that many CS means that you had farm WAY TOO MUCH.

It is much more useful for a team to have a person with 150 cs and going around the map, ganking enemy or taking enemy buff (or even take dragon control) rather than farming top all game long.

My most common method on securing first blood is charge at the enemy double golem, with a team with 1 or 2 CC, you can easily rape enemy bottom support and ranged AD while they are doing double golem.

Easiest jungler to get fed early game is Lee sin and Shaco, these two junglers have amazing ganking abilities. As for solo top, it is probably Riven at level 3, this is due to her amazing passive buff, good stun, and a relatively useful shield.

Thanks for your response. In my original post I meant that I get 200 CS by the time the game is over.. that includes farming in mid/late game.. But I still usually out-cs my lane opponent, usually keeping up with or beating mid.

I figured you would say Lee Sin.. I've been intending on picking him up for a while. Again, thanks for response. Any other tips on getting FB in any lane?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
Thanks for your response. In my original post I meant that I get 200 CS by the time the game is over.. that includes farming in mid/late game.. But I still usually out-cs my lane opponent, usually keeping up with or beating mid.

I figured you would say Lee Sin.. I've been intending on picking him up for a while. Again, thanks for response. Any other tips on getting FB in any lane?
Kill lane combo, such as lux + sion, Alistar + Sivir (that level 1 Q hurts)

purplepowerpete

01-22-2012

I find when i jungle i can gank top and mid well but never do well wheni gank bot
do u have anytips to help me gank bot with junglers like Udyr whos ganks arnt as strong as shaco or lee?

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

Do you have any really good tips to learning to last hit? I'm trying so hard but I just miss so many of them.

The biggest"help" i've got so far is using swain since his passive makes me want to last hit a lot better. But otherwise I'm really bad.

Carados

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
Do you have any really good tips to learning to last hit? I'm trying so hard but I just miss so many of them.
Join an ARAM, learn to last hit against 5 people.

Or alternatively, play some DotA2/HoN, then last hitting in this game becomes really easy.

ExecutionerK

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepowerpete View Post
I find when i jungle i can gank top and mid well but never do well wheni gank bot
do u have anytips to help me gank bot with junglers like Udyr whos ganks arnt as strong as shaco or lee?
Use the lane bush to your advantage, junglers such as Skarner and Udyr can often sneak into the two bushes at the bottom of the lane, and then surprise the enemy who are farming.

ExecutionerK

01-22-2012

Quote:

The biggest"help" i've got so far is using swain since his passive makes me want to last hit a lot better. But otherwise I'm really bad.
It is something you really need to practice on.
Common tips:
2 turret hits, 1-2 normal attack for Melee creep.
1 turret hits, 1-2 normal attack for Caster creep.

** 1-2 is depend on your character, if you are playing AD carry with two doran blade, usually you just need 1, but if you are playing character with low base AD, such as Ryze, you might need 2.

BendyBread

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
It is something you really need to practice on.
Common tips:
2 turret hits, 1-2 normal attack for Melee creep.
1 turret hits, 1-2 normal attack for Caster creep.

** 1-2 is depend on your character, if you are playing AD carry with two doran blade, usually you just need 1, but if you are playing character with low base AD, such as Ryze, you might need 2.
Thank you.
Also, are we allowed to ask questions whenever we like?(obviously not spamming though). There are some things I might wonder mid-game and cant really get an answer to and I dont want to make a thread just for one question.

In any case. I have another question. In terms of counter picks, how do you learn who counters who, and whats the best method to succeed if you've been counter picked yourself?

ExecutionerK

01-23-2012

Quote:
Thank you.
Also, are we allowed to ask questions whenever we like?(obviously not spamming though). There are some things I might wonder mid-game and cant really get an answer to and I dont want to make a thread just for one question.

In any case. I have another question. In terms of counter picks, how do you learn who counters who, and whats the best method to succeed if you've been counter picked yourself?
You can ask the question any time you want to, as long as I am online.

As for counter picking, you want to counter pick under these circumstances
1. Ability to outlast enemy in lane (Example: Nidalee's heal, Tryndamere's heal, Nasus's lifesteal)
2. Character that doesn't fall off too hard (Example: Garen, super fall off compare to other solo top such as Gangplank, Tryndamere and others)
3. Skill counter (such as Lee sin kick against Kennen ult, soraka silence katarina's ult)

Scary Wolf Man

01-23-2012

What is a good solo top or jungler that brings CC and utility for a team?

I'm playing solo top shen right now and want to know some better solo tops