My boyfriend hates LoL, and it's ruining our relationship.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CookieDragons

01-09-2012

THERE'S A QUICK UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM O:

Yes, you read the title right.

My boyfriend of 2 years absolutely despises this game. I have tried so hard to convince him otherwise and stand up for the game I love playing more than 12 hours every day and have donated over $200 in riots points for, but he can't seem to look past its point of view and its ruining our relationship.

And I know, you're probably saying "He has his own opinions and you have yours" but its not just that, he literally can't stand the sight of me playing League of Legends. He complains constantly that I could really be playing other games (he's a gamer also) and shouldn't be wasting my time with "********".

He says that...

"League of Legends is repetitive. You only have 2 maps (SR and Dom) to choose from and it's pretty much the same **** over and over, you're bound to get bored after a while."

I told him that's why they have over 50 champions to choose from and play. I've been playing for almost a year and a half and I haven't gotten bored at all. Not to mention, Riot keeps spamming new champions. And Summoner's Rift never gets old for me. Every new match is a new experience filled with new players I get to work with, new strategies to form up, new scenarios, etc.

"League of Legends isn't really rewarding. Oh yay, I get ip to unlock runes and champions! So what? It's not like you get a new mode to try or a new world to explore, its the same ****"

I told him "actually, that's why you gain exp to get to 30 and unlock a new mode.."

"League of Legends community is ****. They have no respect for one another and I can't play a game with such a ****ty community."

I said..."All video games have a not-so-nice part of their community. There are still nice people out there who make LoL fun. I would know since I have a bunch of friends who I love playing with everyday"

"League of Legends is the only game I know that limits their community to a whole entire mode till level 30. That's stupid. You should be able to play unlock mode once you've made your account. I have to play the same old maps over and over till I get ranked and then play the same maps over and over again? What am I gaining? It's just an endless circle."

I told him "Then the level 30's will pwn everyone else since they have high leveled runes and we don't. And ranked play is a bunch of fun too. I don't mind waiting till level 30 to play it"

He then countered what I said by saying "Then why cant they make matchmaking where only lvl 1's can play with other level l's in ranked, and so on with every level. Riot just knows that if they didn't restrict that, nobody would feel like they're earning something (even though they're still NOT) and nobody would play their stupid game."

I gave up at that point.

TL: DR- "So...Why are you posting this..?"

Well, I need help. I wonder if there's someone there who can explain my case better than I can. I want to explain and defend this game to the best of my ability, but I can't seem to. He won't even try the game unless I somehow convince him otherwise. I know there are a lot of people who feel the same way I do about this game. I would really appreciate it if anyone would help me and my boyfriend sort through this. I can't be with an LoL grouch for the rest of my life ><

UPDATE: Woah, over 4k views. Didn't expect that much tbh.

Just to clear up some things.

-I don't play on LoL Straight for 12 hours a day. I do other things also, and my boyfriend doesn't have a problem with that. I even ask him myself, the issue is mainly because I play a stupid game. I do know how the outside of our house looks like, and I get exercise.

- I love my boyfriend, and I'm not going to let our LoL debates get the best of us. I was just hoping you guys would think of a good comeback for me to say, so he could finally give up and play with me or maybe stop *****ing, and some of you did, so thanks.

- Yes, League. I AM a female. Deal with it :3

Update#2:

10k views? woah.

Also, Kent (tired of saying "my boyfriend" like a little whinny girl) is viewing this thread and reading replies even though he doesn't want to. I should make him make an account to post...but then he would have to get to level 5 to post here...

Update #3

Re-Update: Kent has finally agreed to play LoL and try it before he takes back what he says (I've been counter arguing him a lot lately). I'll update more on his progress later..

CTkiller

01-09-2012

Dump him

Tsunehme

01-09-2012

dump him.

also, hit me up

BlueMessiah

01-09-2012

Kill him

I BE MATT

01-09-2012

tell him he wont get any if he doesnt play

CookieDragons

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTkiller View Post
Dump him
I want to save our relationship. If I wanted to dump him, I would of already.

BlueMessiah

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunehme View Post
dump him.

also, hit me up
Lol, I wonder if you assume too much...

SpetznazRa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Eat him.

Diabolic Jungler

01-09-2012

Tell him real men don't ***** about stuff. They play League Of Legends and win. That's how i got my friend to play...and he plays 6 hours a day...When he works 12 hour shifts everyday almost. lol

Kanaya Maryam

01-09-2012

Tell him you hate the fact that he masturbates (protip: no matter what he says he probably does it). This is coming from a guy.
It's repetitive, isn't really rewarding (even after 30 wanks!), and people that wank are bad people (lolidk).