Top 5 reasons to give us ranked ASAP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendaryEnemy

01-09-2012

5. Dominion players are ready for ranked

The ones who have played Dominion non-stop from the start have established fluid strategies and have made extensive meta analysis. There is still more to gather, but the bottom line is that we would not be going into ranked unprepared.

4. Ranked will attract more players

"If you book them they will come." They desire to confirm one's standing and to play against similarly capable players will bring in more dominion players. It would also confirm Dominion as a Riot validated game mode. Dominion will become more desirable for tournament organizers and players of all skill levels.

3. Ranked will split up the queue.

most of my matches I am either solo qeue'd against a premade or I end up tagged onto a 4 man premade of players unfamiliar with dominion against a bunch of experienced solo q'ers. It makes match making a little tiresome. When queue is split between solo/duo and premades, the playing fields are a bit less like trench hopping towards a heavy machine gun outpost.

2. Ranked allows us to track our progress

We all want to see how we fair against other premades, or solo/duo'rs. It allows us to challenge ourselves. Similarly, we have a better method of determining success than win loss margin or win ratio as our elo loss or gain is weighted against our enemies and allies.

1. it's about that time Riot, its about that time.

MMKH

01-09-2012

I agree, and seeing how we got to create our own teams this season, there should be ranked Dominion to make use of that feature.

larkhill

01-09-2012

note: i play dom almost exclusively now and am in favor of ranked dom eventually.

5. the players r ready but the champions and map is not. the entire jungle is completely useless and needs a rework imo. theres just too many broken champs on dominion. junglers dont transision into dominion well at all and long cd champs dont either. also, some champs simply arent designed for fast paced fights like dominion has.

4. only the streamers and pro players can do that. ranked might give a sudden boost but without the support of the streamers, u wont have a sustained player increase.

3. splitting up the queue is a bad thing for dominion right now. im at basicalle 1:1 win:loss ratio and my queue times for draft are 5 minutes sometimes. if u split it up more, i fear the queue times might get too long for the higher elo players. we need a serious player increase before we get ranked

2. u can track your progress based on win:loss ratio. u'll notice playing better players the more u win.

1. dom still needs work.

zionist shill

01-09-2012

I wouldn't mind some ranked solo queue for Dominion. I'm getting tired of playing against a bunch of lvl 30 5 man groups and having someone with 0 or 1 wins on my team.

Phourc

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryEnemy View Post
True, but Dominion is not ready for ranked players ):

I'd love more players and the ability to track my Elo, but I would like to see some things changed before I hit the point where they're a problem, the respawn timer being a main one.

Stutta Step

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryEnemy View Post
Agreed I know I am. cmon ranked dominion!!!