Gangplank vs Akali mid. Who wins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rarely speaks

01-09-2012

I just lost Mid to Gangplank on Akali. I'm not a terrible player on Akali, nor was this GP particularly exceptional. I don't think I lost the game for my team, and I do partially blame my loss on the fact that we had double top which didn't gank - meaning there was no my-side gank on mid, but there were their-side ganks (Fiddlesticks).

So, I guess my question on paper is 1v1 mid, assuming no ganks, who wins?

From my perspective, Akali's Q is outranged and outdamaged by GP's Parrley, so trading is a lose for Akali. She can pool, but as soon as she's visible he can Parrley again. Rushing him early doesn't work since he can heal by 2 or outrun you by 2. The only avenue I see is that GP has less mana sustain and if he spams Parrley he'll lose. But if he gets two or three crits out of the Parrley's then he will have far more health than Akali and may even first blood her.

I can see an argument for Akali waiting for GP to Parrley a mob and then Q+E him, but even a decent GP would know to just back up and wait for Parrley to come back off CD. She can't gap close until 6. If GP starts with mana regen item, it's almost impossible until 6. Even then, if GP has Exhaust/Ignite, he can Exhaust/Ignite/Ult and guarantee a win. He can avoid a death with any of them.

If he starts with a mana regen item, she can't really farm either.. the range to Q a minion is less than the range for GP to Parrley from behind his minions. If he is judicious about it (or heavily crits) he can easily bring her below 20% without himself running out of mana.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyanBloodbane

01-09-2012

Survive to level 6, then rape the **** outa him