Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"I hate non-meta ********"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LexCor

01-13-2012

HAH. Got flamed for taking Swain top to counter their tanky DPS Renekton. Guess who had crocodile meat for dinner? And outcarried our flaming AD carry (double entrendre)? So a couple "meta breaking" suggestions...
Swain and Fiddle I've both done exceptionally well with top.
Pantheon, Sivir and Talon can all counter the middle AP Mage pretty well.
Had some fun duo bottom lanes with Volibear + Nunu for tanky, uber harass. Casseiopeia + Urgot might be the single best harassment in the game, we outlevelled by 2 before we got successfully ganked by their jungle. Dual gap closers, Fizz and Jarvan was another fun one.
Conclusion? Meta breaking is the new OP.

FaerellG

01-13-2012

No...Breaking the Meta is not the strategy you should be thinking about.
Counter-picking the lanes is the strategy you should be taking away from this.

Epjest

01-13-2012

./rolls eyes

The Meta doesn't exist. The Meta is what wins you the game. The "Sheep" Meta is Tanky top, AP mid, Support + Ranged AD bot, Jungler.

So long as your team is built so that it has AP damage, Ranged AD (tower pushing SUCKS without ranged AD), 1~2 tanky characters, some CC, and your lanes win with the assignments it's viable.

I heard Goose ran a kill team of Jarvan + Leona bot (correct me if I'm wrong), they simply are playing off the inexperience of Pro teams playing AGAINST a kill team in Tournies/Scrims, even if they understand the basic premise. They still had the Ranged AD just in a different lane.

I enjoy solo-mid Renekton against several of the casters, I get a brutalizer and spirit visage (ok normally 2x null magic, 1 for boots 1 for "decide later&quot and I dominate the lane. Works especially well against Morganna since her full damage combo is VERY unlikely to kill me, and I counter AoE waves with my own sustain with better mobility to gank side lanes.