What are Yorick's counters? And what can Yorick do to counter the counters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-08-2012

In other words...how do I counter Yorick's counters?

So far I know that....Maokai, Trundle, Cho'Gath, and Nasus lane exeptionally well against Yorick.

How do I counter those guys as a Yorick solo top?

What other counters does Yorick have? How do I counter those counters if I play as Yorick.

Also....in the more common than it should situation where it our AP ranged refuses to go mid for whatever reason, is Yorick a viable mid laner against the likes of Kass, Kennen, and other common mid laners?

Radgris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

As far as i know yoric ( not so much yet i know the basic) the most efficient way to counter are DPs, or casters with a decent amount of Cdr, what do i mean, anything that can stop your ghosts from doin their work, Fast range AD, AP spammers ( ezreal) and so on, you want your ghosts to do their work properly, i suggest You ensure of that, another thing to keep in mind is your ghosts have other kinds of twisted uses wich can help you.

Remmber to always try to ¨study¨your enemy, at least the one you are against in the initial Lane, this will really help you out depending on the champion, Even more if it's a skillshot champ, Kennen for example, if you know he will use certain skill then the other, try to counter em, uses a gosht as a meat shield to avoid damage, wait for his¨W¨to be used THEN call your ghosts. it is a lot harder then what you think though it really helps a lot.

Bein more direct about your question, CC and¨nerfers¨as i like to call em, If you don't have enought CC on your team, fear not, Frozen mallet, Black cleaver, Abyssal S, even the hourglass can help you ( not telling you to buy it, or that i will make you a pro, just the way i see it).

get to know your champion, know how it works, learn the holes in it,( in this case your ghosts, they do a great part of the job, with the problem they can be stopped) and it's Strengths, try to work out with your teamates to balance your gameplay, cover your holes, or ABUSE your advantaje enough. and patience, A LOT OF PATIENCE.

excuse my spelling, Hope it works.

Cenerae

01-09-2012

Yorick doesn't have any actual counters that I can think of. Even if the other champ can keep themselves in the lane, they can't stop you from healing constantly.

ForeverLaxx

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Yorick doesn't have any actual counters that I can think of. Even if the other champ can keep themselves in the lane, they can't stop you from healing constantly.
They "counter" Yorick in that they aren't bullied out of the lane by him, which is Yorick's best feature. In this scenario, it's best to just keep up the harassment as best and as often as you can while farming, or call in ganks if necessary.

Cenerae

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
They "counter" Yorick in that they aren't bullied out of the lane by him, which is Yorick's best feature. In this scenario, it's best to just keep up the harassment as best and as often as you can while farming, or call in ganks if necessary.
True, but in my mind being able to survive the lane doesn't mean you counter the champ.

Yorick can pretty much farm with impunity regardless of who he's laning against. Barring enemy jungle ganks of course.

Afraa

01-09-2012

depending on the skill of the players runes and masteries

as others have said trundle nasus chogath

i personaly have experience using trundle and chogath against him on sever occasions

playing trundle or cho i have only been beaten once in lane by yorick and that was only with his jungler babysitting him and them towerdiving and killing the tower at six with double ult

other times when he wasn't getting as much help I have been able to dominate him with trundle or cho trundle seems more reliable though as you don't have to kill the ghosts for them to heal you and you damage isn't skill shot bassed

also had luck with gp one time starting cloth and 5 pot being super agressive early to get fast wriggle

Warrrrax

01-09-2012

Malphite is a pretty good counter to Yorick surprisingly. A Malph that takes 2 health pots and a meki and focuses on Shard can beat Yorick.

The reason is because of his passive shield which regens so quickly and takes a lot of the sting out of Yoricks W/Es. It also has pretty good range such that Yorick can only usually get off the AoE W and not land the E...mostly cuz Malphs Q will slow Yorick and speed up malph.

Yorick does heal with his E but a Malph with an early Chalice and maxed shard CAN trade blows with Yorick and come out ahead.

Its not a bad spot for Malphite either who either jungles or takes top solo. It helps ensure that you have a pretty strong initiator/tanky guy.

Paulacid

01-09-2012

As was said above, there aren't any hard counters for Yorick. If you're playing well enough, you should be able to 1v1 any champ in the game, and be ready for a jungle gank at any time. Generally, you could be pushing them near their tower, and still be fine for any kind of jungle gank, regardless of the matchup.

If you're 2v1, there's about a half-dozen duos that can kill you on tower, otherwise, you should be able to 2v1 just fine all day. What I find happens most often in a 2v1 is around lvl 6/7 you get a good level lead on them, and can push/kill both your opponents and maybe kill their tower.

My most simple tip for solo-laning with Yorick is to NOT try to get early kills. if they're running away with 10% health and you might take a tower hit to maybe kill them.. don't go for it. Just farm farm farm farm farm and keep them at low health so you're safe from ganks. I find you'll get more kills when you force them to try to gank YOU when they're low health, than by being aggressive. Plus your farm will be outstanding.

Lord Sunday IV

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Yorick can pretty much farm with impunity regardless of who he's laning against. Barring enemy jungle ganks of course.
Quoted for truth As Yorick, I very rarely care about my lane partner, and am terrified of the jungler. If Yorick overextends (which can happen very easily because of his W zoning), he can have trouble escaping a gank. (Assuming a decent jungler)

If their Jungler is threatening, I will hug my tower as much as possible when I don't have a ward up.

Side note, a good Yorick will be able to farm effectively while turret-hugging, and this method makes him able to counter all his counters. If you want to run Yorick consistently, learn how to time your W, E, and Q so that you can farm under the turret without losing creeps. If you can get good at it, you can deny your opponents farm and levels without putting yourself at risk from the jungler and a strong laner (such as Cho).

However, it is better to be aggresive if laning against someone who doesn't really stand a chance against you.

Ginga

Recruiter

01-09-2012

So the counter to Yorick's counters while playing as Yorick is tower hugging. Aight, I was afraid that was the only thing that comes up since it's the best I could come up with too.

Unfortunately, unless the enemy is an idiot or if it's 2v1, I often have trouble not pushing even if I only last hit enemy minions.

My W is AoE, so I occasionally hit enemy ranged minions in an attempt to harass. This won't kill them, but they weaken the ranged minions by a bit, giving my own minions an advantage and pushing. And because of my harass, my enemies won't be farming as often as I will be too, further giving my own minions more pushing power. I often find myself wasting mana to scout the lower bush with my W.

In instances where I push them to their turret, should I still harass or farm the two golems in the team jungle?