Why is Kassadin always Banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiveVu

01-08-2012

I don't see how he is overpowered. If anything, he seems like he needs a buff or rework.

Points for my argument:

- Kassadin will be your typical mid/mage. Playing as the enemy, there is no reason for Kassadin to even have HALF of your farm. No farm = no items = under-leveled = weak Kass all game. How? I will explain further if you care to read.

- Most mages at mid (e.g. Orianna, Brand) will have a longer range ability than Kass's Q sphere to freely zone him out.

- Mages who's ability have the same range as Kass's Q sphere can also counter him and win in the trade of blows. Kassadin has no sustainability, Q sphere a Vladimir and he will Q you at the same time and heal over the course of the laning phase, while your health continually suffer and suffer more while his heals up. An Annie can shield a Kassadin's Q sphere, be able to get a stun cast off before the silence, and follow with a second ability after the 2.5 sec stun. Kassidin will take way more damage than Annie in a trade of blows. This concept applies the same to a Sion at mid. Shield up, stun Kass before silence, go in and auto harass Kass.

- Kassadin before level 6, technically only has 1 ability to buffer enemies off with 7-8 second cooldown. No point to use it on the enemy, because Kass cannot sustain a trade of blows. So Kass players will tend to use the Q sphere to farm. However a smart enemy will take this opportunity to freely harass/zone out Kass during the 7 sec cooldown. Some would argue, what about the E wave? That requires 6 stacks and a 6 second cooldown to do minimal damage? Not very practical in the early laning phase.

- Even after level 6, he has 1 true ability, and 2 "handicap" abilities I would call them. W nether blade is completely useless. A good kass should never be melee auto-attacking in a team fight. Kass abilities have a short range in comparison to mages, he will always have to stay in range to cast his 7 sec cooldown nullsphere, and wave that requires 6 stacks and has a 6 second CD. If you use your ultimate to do damage in a team fight, in those 4-5 seconds you will be focused down, so good kass users will tend to use the ultimate for escapes. While other enemy mages are able to to freely rotate all 4 of their abilities, with lower cooldowns, and able to put out more damage for their team. What's good if your whole team dies, and only Kassadin survives?

Your opinions and comments please.

kewlkid123

01-08-2012

try running away from kassadin and living

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Breaks the metagame, makes people think, people don't like to think.

Invictrix

01-08-2012

He is so overated. People see a good player use Kassadin and do well and think "oh that champion is so op we should ban him every game". The thing is Kassadin is the hardest or close to the hardest champion to use in the game so a player that does use him very well is just a good player in general.

Also he is connected to the flash craze where everyone thought they needed to use flash and a champion that could flash every 5 seconds now 6 as an ultimate seemed pretty strong. The thing is Kassadin goes mid against mages now in the hands of someone who isn't sure how to use him and get destroyed totally defeating his purpose since instead of shutting down the ap carry he fed it.

I think your underestimating his melee attack though since it is the key to using him and winning damage exchanges. He takes reduced magic damage but then uses it as bonus attack speed he should be up close with his enemy tanking their magic damage and killing them with his crazy attack speed. Wits end is a great help with this. Also Kassadin is a lot more useful if he can get the blue buff from his jungler.

Carados

01-08-2012

Bad players think Kassadin is a bad laner. Good players know he is a good laner.

Your post makes a ton of false assumptions.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Bad players think Kassadin is a bad laner. Good players know he is a good laner.

Your post makes a ton of false assumptions.
Kassadin has a difficult lane, but not exactly bad. A bad lane would be like Poppy's laning phase: no real farming capability. Kassadin's one tool that would be useful for farm--Force Pulse--has a hefty requirement of 6 other spells being cast within his sight range in order to use it.

I've actually thought for a while that Force Pulse should be reworked. Rather than requiring 6 stacks to activate, lower the base damage a little and make it available at all times. Then, make it so it can gain up to 5 stacks and those increase the damage output by 10% each (or some other small amount).

That way it'd be more usable without necessarily becoming overpowered. Of course, players would probably hate me for making a suggestion that makes a champion less difficult to play or for taking away one unique thing.

Carados

01-08-2012

Kassadin's farm is right click. With his Q, he can afford to do so very easily against most lanes.

JustMyBassCannon

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Kassadin's farm is right click. With his Q, he can afford to do so very easily against most lanes.
Against solo lanes, yes. And I guess that's usually where he is when there's a good player.

Carados

01-08-2012

Why would there ever be a 2v1 lane that is being lost?

JinLaw

01-08-2012