How do we test our ping to the riot server?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zydion

Associate Software Engineer

07-16-2010

I have pretty terrible internet at the moment. It's pretty bearable to play around 200 ms ping. But sometimes the internet gets clogged and I get into a game with 500+ ping making our team practically 4v5 and losing the match that we could otherwise have won. Is there a way to test our ping for the game before we have to start a real game? I really hate getting into a game right now and am unable to do anything because it takes about 2 second delay for my champion to respond to any commands.

waterko

Recruiter

07-16-2010

I belive that in game if you press ctrl K if this doesnt work go to hotkeys

and go all the way to the bottom and should say show ping, hide interface and click whatever it is hope i could help.

Zydion

Associate Software Engineer

07-16-2010

problem is i don't want to get in game to see my ping. I can see my ping at the champion loading page. but if i have a terrible ping that means my team would be 4v5.. i'd like to know before i join a game that i can play normally.

8dtSP8NsTJ6tEcej

07-16-2010

Launch tutorial.

Pr0fessional

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2010

Ctrl + F will display your Latency and FPS in the upper right of your screen, in game.

dylpill21

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2011

These people on the forums can't seem to understand a question no matter how many times they read it. I would also like to know how to view my latency with the game server BEFORE joining a game. BEFORE JOINING THE GAME. BEFORE JOINING THE GAME
Sorry for being so pushy, but it ails me to see two answers to the wrong question, especially when the right question was stated so clearly imo.

@8dtSP8NsTJ6tEcej
I don't think that the tutorial mission is hosted by the riot server. I am pretty sure it is local so the latency in a tutorial match would not represent your latency in a real match. I am not sure though, wish we could get a red in here to clarify this stuff.