Leona on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sapphidia

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
FoN is trash in dominion, remember HP regen is a terrible dominion stat, so you are paying more for less, get an Abyssal Scepter instead. Building full tank tends to be bad in dominion, you always want to get atleast some offensive stats after you cap CDR, which is your priority.
Yeah, it's not so much for the HP regen as the movespeed + resistance, which is the highest possible on a single item. I agree the scepter is probably a better bet. Can probably build a zeal into trinity for movespeed later.

I'm wondering about Odyn's veil though, anyone used that to good effect as a MagRes option? Never had much luck using the proc well.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

she's not amazing which is why you are having trouble. in fact she's quite bad and very outclassed by champs like udyr.

the reason people will never admit her to be anything other than amazing is because she has breasts.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphidia View Post
Yeah, it's not so much for the HP regen as the movespeed + resistance, which is the highest possible on a single item. I agree the scepter is probably a better bet. Can probably build a zeal into trinity for movespeed later.

I'm wondering about Odyn's veil though, anyone used that to good effect as a MagRes option? Never had much luck using the proc well.
Thats the thing, you are paying more for less. There are other options out there for mr and speed. Odyn's veil is a good option when going against a team with lots of AP champs.

A leona is as good as her team, so if you and your team are bad, she'll be bad. Thats pretty much how things are with her in SR and dom. haters gonna hate

Bonabon

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphidia View Post

Even without remembering the active, I like Odyn's simply because it offers a flat 10% magic reduction that can't be overcome with spell pen.

Spitemaster

01-08-2012

I find that FoN is great because there are times where it's much better to just sit and hold a point. Then you have enough regen to actually hold it when someone comes, instead of just being killed instantly.

Imfrknbad

01-09-2012

My friend plays Leona all the time in dominion. The key to her in dominion is a partner in crime. Unike alistar who can single handedly hold a point from three people all leona will do is stall. However with a partner leona is scary on a point. I tend to play burst with him when he plays leona (like LeBlanc). He will hold two of them down while i melt the other. The way he does is is he ocks movement speed quints and uses the support mastery tree. I know he always builds shurelia's revery for the CDR and movment speed. The rest is a toss up depending on the opposing team. I know he doesnt build heavy defensive items and instead uses her natural tankiness for survivability and instead focuses on CDR to use his abilities more often.

brainlizard

01-09-2012

In general, Leona is inferior to Mao/Blitz/Ali, but only because she is so weak solo. In a 2v2+, Leona is very strong. That passive adds a lot of damage to her abilities. It's on the order of 2K worth of extra ability damage.

She has lots of good builds, so long as the CDR is maxed.

So yeah, by herself, she's weak. With allies, she's strong. Pretty straight forward!

TsubakiMK III

Recruiter

01-10-2012

hit me up, i bought a valk skin and a whole mess of runes for a new build and its working really well, add me and we can crunch some #s, then some noobs

Basoosh

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkyjinx View Post
i agree with maxing CDR, but i prefer to build armor or magic resit (or both) instead of Frozen Mallet or Atma's - just what works for me. generally, my build is:

Boots of Tenacity
Frozen Heart (first vs. AD heavy)
Force of Nature (first vs. AP heavy)
Since you get so much armor and MR from W, you will have much more effective HP if you buy health items. You of course still do want armor and resists, but food for thought.

MrMundungu

01-10-2012

Leona is amazing, so long as she has enough teammate manpower around to capitalize on exactly what does make her amazing...
CC on two or three champs capping your tower, plus a few teammates around to capitalize on it... works wonders for defending towers.
By herself she falls off quite a bit. She's not that much of a killer, she just makes everyone tagging along with you more efficient killers. Don't forget that she's also primarily considered a peeler...
Works a little differently in Dom than in SR, but I've had mixed success leaning closer to "good" with her. Then again, some team comps won't be as good at using what she adds to your team.