dominion addiction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyuuszi

01-08-2012

Do any of you find yourself being addicted to this map to the point you are afraid/not wanting to play SR? The idea of playing SR vs. other players is very unappealing to me now. I am extremely confident with my abilities in Dominion but never was in SR and found myself frustrated more often in SR. Like, I felt as though if you did poorly in the beginning you were pretty much screwed the rest of the game.. and it's quite the time investment in comparison.

I'm still a newb by most standards (level 20) .. I'm just wondering if I should go back to playing SR, or if any of you have experience going to Dominion and being stuck there for awhile, and then going back to SR.

Thanks!

Nekrogen

01-08-2012

Stick with Dominion. We have cookies.

Lightservant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

I don't play LoL as often as I did before, but since Dominon has come out I've played about 400 games of it and I love it. For solo queue I pretty much never play on Summoner's Rift, only when friends want me to play with them. Since I've gotten my Dota 2 beta key, I've been playing that game on that map since the game takes a higher skill level to play. But yeah for LoL, only Dominion.

larkhill

01-08-2012

SR teaches u a lot about positioning and predicting movements. i find that the best bot lane dominion players also have decent experience in bot lane (or top lane) SR.

now do u need that SR experience to be good in dominion? of course not. they're 2 different playstyles and each champ is built differently for each mode. champs that are great in dominion could be terrible in SR and vice versa (heimer is the classic example of top tier dominion but bottom tier SR)

me personally, i was a long time support player. i play healer/support in every game i play. its just what ive always done. i find that in SR, as support, i have a hard time carrying the game whereas a jungler or carry could carry just fine. i decided to try out dominion bot lane cause it felt a lot like support but a bit more aggressive and i could actually carry a game with it. havent looked back since. maybe i'll look back when the 0 cs support meta shifts to something where a support could carry the game but till then, dominion it is.

Bonabon

01-08-2012

I don't like playing SR simply because I don't care to spend an hour playing one match.

Oddjustice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

People still play SR?

Crostol

01-08-2012

we just need more people in dominion . this queue is killling me..... to death bro.

demonchocobo19

01-08-2012

I find I can get more kills in Dominion so I'm either getting better at LoL in general or I at least have more confidence so I'll be really wanting to test my skills in SR. Thats my take on it but I usually play an SR for ever couple Dominions.

RealWolf M

01-08-2012

I don't bother playing SR, its boring, lame, and unexciting. I don't understand why anyone would play it, if my friends wanted to play it I would say "nah bro, I'm gonna go stare at a wall and watch ants carry away food"

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-08-2012

SR sucks; there's a huge amount of obstacles in the way of PvP. Just not interested.