Can you beat the meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rg Toad

01-26-2012

Alot of the Meta has to do with snow balling you may lose early but if you have 2-3 super carries and you can carry the game and stretch it out you still can win .

Also pushing Dad's to their tower doesn't mean poops most can just farm under their tower and Sivir kogmaw and graves can still do massive poke on you

Diabeetus IV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Kill lanes are extremely effective against ad carry + support lanes. Comps like pantheon with xin zhao, Talon with

TanakaPunie

01-26-2012

Kill lane (tryn/leona or leona/jarvan) bot and yorick mid breaks the meta. Hard.

Asderition

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceVersa View Post
Tanky solo top with sustain, AP mid, ranged AD carry with support bottom lane, and a jungler.

If this combination sounds familiar to you, congratulations on reaching a high enough level/elo to use or fight against this team composition. If you haven't, then consider yourselves lucky.

The metagame for summoner's rift is getting old and I (along with many other people, I'm sure) would love to see a shift in this meta (even if it's just a slight change).

However, the only way to change a meta is to beat a meta.

So all of you creative forum-goers, if you have ever had success against a meta comp with a non-meta comp or just have some tips to countering the meta, please post them here.

In other words... Can you beat the meta?
To be honest, the meta talk has always bothered me. It is not a "must" to be successful in a game like so many players have come to assume. Meta is supposed to be more a helpful guide to keep a team balanced. So you don't end up with a bad champion composition, which I wont preach the importance on for everyone in the forums sake. My point is, is that when you look at the meta as a tool, rather than a rule, you tend to find alternatives that work, sometimes significantly better. Switching the AP carry with the AD, because I often find that the AP carry is significantly squishier than the AD carry and my AD mid wins out over their AP mid with auto attack and ability utilization. I played a series of matches with two junglers on my team, and one was on counter jungle duty and bot lane, while the other jungler was designated top ganker. You would be surprised at how people can't find a routine even in a short 40 minute game. My team won almost every single one of those. Sometimes, we say screw jungler all together because we know we can take top lane 10 minutes in with a good balance of champs up top. But we always keep some part of the Meta intact. What I am trying to say is, play around a little with your gameplan. Don't alter the entire meta, because really the meta is reliable and consistent unlike a lot of other gameplans. Keeping a part of the meta, while altering another aspect of it opens up your playability and gives you options. Once you can really handle on the fly alteration of meta in game, you fully realize the flexibility in League. My 2 cents.

Rutank

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg Toad View Post
Garen is not used because he is coubterable and his spin to win can be shut down hard plus in a solo lane he can be shut down hard by ranged heckling.

Also beating the Meta really depends on your opponents alot of people blindly follow it, and don't know how truly punishing it is to a team that doesn't follow suit, and you do realize that as soon as you "beat" the Meta the new one will become just as repetitive, but I personally enjoy the current style.
Um really? every single person is counterable. Garen is pretty awesome top solo lane and atma's +sunfire+ warmongers + MR = 240ish AD with crazy crits (spin and q) + 35% shield and passive = beastly ass end champ.

Nymphß

01-26-2012

I was playing a ranked and we had an OP team and it was like a guaranteed win... Or so we thought.
The opponent team had an EXTREME troll Ryze, Morg Mid, Renekton top, Rammus jungle and Cait bot.

The Ryze was totally trolling this game... So hard.
He started out staying mid with morg and 2 v 1'ing mid. Then he'd go top, then back mid, then bot.. Rinse/Repeat.

He died like 8 times 0/8/0 in the first 5 minutes, until the point where he was worthless.. He had some troll build with boots of mobility and mejai soulstealer etc... But then, it started working... He'd gank bot with his stun, along with rammus, the won bot. then he goes mid beats mid, and then we're all farming for a while... Then this is what amazed me.

For the rest of the game it would be mid + Ryze go bot and 4 vs. 3 gank us... (By the time our jungler arrived it was too late.) And at the same time rammus ganks top and 2 v 1.. And it was just uneven matching like that...
Ryze goes top so it's 2 v 1, rammus ganks top, 3 v 1, dead.

We got dominated and I couldn't help to think that that strategy, even though Ryze didn't know it, totally worked. I think it's a similar concept to having a roaming Twitch/Eve except Ryze has his stun so he's better.. So maybe having a roaming stunner could turn into the next meta..
There was always 2 mia (Ryze and Rammus) and if they both went top for the 3 v 1 top, naturally their mid went bot, for the 3 v 2 bot...

I'm not describing it nearly as epic as it was but I really wish I got it recorded...
(I can't remember who was on our team, but it was a full counter team to theirs... And even their team was surprised they won... It was one of those random troll games.. The ones where both teams know who's going to win)

Anyways.... you guys are free to give that strategy a try... Who knows, it might end up changing the meta as OP wishes...

ItsDangerous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Thats called having a "Roamer". It was the meta quite a while ago... it stopped for obvious reasons.

1 900 Annie

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trizzent View Post
5 ad carries gg by 20 minutes, i say it cuz of done it, if ur getting trolls who are autolocking ad carries join them. Trust me. You will win.
Untrue, skilled peeps who build thornmail and a warmogs will win lol they just dont feed and lose all their by the 20 minute mark.

On the other hand, Full stun/snare team can be extremely frustrating and can generally make people rq.

kukarian

01-27-2012

i am not a good player so my opinion may be terrible but:
two junglers, one good for quickly clearing camps and being able to counter jungle and one that is a support, allowing the first jungler to focus entirely on offense. Use this to completely bully the other jungler, and once they are shut down focus on shutting down the AP carry mid or supporting bottom lane. For ganks the two junglers can either split up to help both top and bot lane, or they can both focus on a losing lane. the support should focus on letting the main jungler complete camps quickly without taking much damage, as well as focus more on map awareness and warding the enemy jungle. With this set-up the main jungler could possibly be a ranged AD carry, although they would be quite behind on farm.

For bottom lane get a good sustainer to make sure the lane is not completely lost to a 1v2, and just hold the lane until the junglers can help.

Mid lane and top lane might not change very much, although a ranged AD carry might be able to solo top since they will have jungler advantage. The extra jungler increases tha chances of ganks and reduces successful enemy ganks by having the enemy jungler severely crippled. For mid lane one that can assist other lanes is preferrable. since this change emphasizes jungle and mid bullying for control, mid can be more of a roamer.

GodSmiteU

01-27-2012

has anyone tried a trilane before?