Factions in LoL

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ei47

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Would anybody else be interested if you could select a faction to represent? (Demacia, Noxus, Ionia, etc). If you win a ranked game, you earn your faction a point, and then the points could be tracked to see which faction is currently dominant. Then the players with the most points at the end of the season could earn a special skin, an exclusive summoner icon, or something (Jarvan skin for Demacian players, Swain skin for Noxus, Caitlyn skin for Piltover, etc).

The only problem I see with this is that players will not join a faction until the end of the season, and then everyone will bandwagon onto the faction that is winning. But aside from that, what do you guys think of this idea?

Bandwagon Solutions: One solution for people jumping on the bandwagon and joining the winning team would be that during the preseason, you must select a faction before you can play. Then once the scoring actually starts you cannot switch factions until the next season. Also, players would be unable to see the scores of each faction until they select one to join, to prevent a large number people from joining the faction that is in the lead.

Another Solution by lolthr0w: Hide the points from everyone until the end of the season. Can't bandwagon if nobody knows how the scores are. Maybe include "Ionian faction is taking the lead!" etc or hints in the lore instead.

Clarification: My idea was that the SUMMONER would select what faction they represent at the start of the season, and would earn points for their faction regardless of which champion they were playing as.

Edit: lolthr0w from reddit put together some images for possible scoreboards for Demacia, Noxus, and Ionia.

Diversae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-08-2012

It's a pretty good idea, but it just goes back to the idea of Ranked Teams really..

Bullshot

01-08-2012

The lore of LoL is kind of meh, people would all just join one faction or the winning one as well.

Ei47

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football342 View Post
It's a pretty good idea, but it just goes back to the idea of Ranked Teams really..

Well what I had in mind was more global, so that everyone in a region would be able to contribute to their faction.

Blackbird300

01-08-2012

This is a great idea. But I think it's going to take time to implement.

Ei47

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
The lore of LoL is kind of meh, people would all just join one faction or the winning one as well.
Bandwagoning would be a problem, so maybe the score of each faction could be hidden to players until they actually join a faction? I dunno.

FiM DitzyDoo

01-08-2012

Think an onnline Harry Potter community where you can choose houses. Now you can to tasks to get points. I predict an order of Griffindor/Slytherin/Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff.
Something similar will happen here, Most likely Demacia and Noxus will have a huge lead.

A solution could be:
-It takes the champ you're playing. So a Shen main would get points for Ionia.
-You HAVE to choose in order to play. Like taking a Summoner name, it's just not a thing of choice.
-Somewhat ramdomize it. Like you get 20 Questions wich affect you factin, so if you're all violent and like meat, you might end up in Zhaun.

InstaGibs

01-08-2012

Why move away from the Elo system? The system is simply saying a win = more points while a loss = less points. Don't over complicate the scoring system, the elo system is a regular point based system all of us have known since pre school, there is no need to completely overhaul it because it's already present in the game.

Ei47

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstaGibs View Post
Why move away from the Elo system? The system is simply saying a win = more points while a loss = less points. Don't over complicate the scoring system, the elo system is a regular point based system all of us have known since pre school, there is no need to completely overhaul it because it's already present in the game.
What I had in mind would be completely independent of elo. Elo would still function the way it does, this would simply add another dimension to the community.

0ZeroByte01

01-08-2012

i do actually like a lot this idea, i read the lore and sadly i dont see "almost" nothing in the lore in-game i mean, there is no taunt or any emotes when kat and garen are in the same team, same as TF vs Graves.

and i do really like the idea of joining a faction, and i can say not everyone will join one of the 2 mostly named factions (noxus / demacia)

1234511 ... 14