Does Ignoring someone prevent you from playing with them again?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taenaryn

01-09-2012

Despite saving my teammates' lives repeatedly, getting first place in points (inasmuch as points matter AT ALL), and playing pretty danged well (for me), I got my life threatened, general insults, hate language, and harrassment.

Why? Because as Kog'Maw I wouldn't play bot.

If I had picked Mao I'd have had no problem playing bot. As Kog, I'm squishy, I didn't have the summoner spells, next to no CC, and no sustain. The enemy lineup had Caitlyn (who went bot), Rammus, Tryn, Morgana and Wu'Kong, all of which would have raped me with CC, defense, and sustain. First I said no. Then I explained why not. They said "you're ranged". So what?

I saved Evelynn against two opposing champs while fighting on their bot. She said "Kog you noob".

I saved Shaco against a following Tryndamere and other enemies more than once. "Kog you noob"

I even saved the worst offender, Fizz, who offered me only "I hope you die in real life".

I kept my calm. I didn't return any insults, I didn't threaten, I didn't refuse to help my team when they needed it, I didn't ragequit... in short, I gave them absolutely no excuse to report me, or reason to get banned if they did.

I sure don't feel like the better man for it though. And at least two of them, I've played before, because the Report option when I right-clicked on their names was greyed out.

So I would really like to make sure Matchmaker won't pit me against them or worse yet, with them. I would rather not have to keep a list of idiots like these so I know when to queue dodge, because I've only done that once so far and I'd rather not do it again.

I've uploaded the game to LoLReplays just so I can remember or find out everything that happened in case Riot contacts me. I doubt that will happen though. But I would love to find a way to prevent this happening in the future.

FDru

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenaryn View Post
Does Ignoring someone prevent you from playing with them again?
No.

Also, really? All this because someone trolled you in chat? Get over it. I'm sure you have more important things to worry about.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

just report them for offensive language and move on

Taenaryn

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
No.

Also, really? All this because someone trolled you in chat? Get over it. I'm sure you have more important things to worry about.
I play the game for fun. Getting this kind of abuse is not fun. One person I usually ignore. All four teammates, two of which have apparently done it to me before? I didn't even suck. There was no reason for it. Why is it such a big deal if I don't actually want to play with them again?

Stimuz

01-09-2012

I ****ing wish

Bender2999

01-09-2012

It's regrettable, but all you can really do is report them and hope they make it to tribunal. It certainly isn't fun to have to deal with, and I wish Riot did a better job of weeding these people out of the community. But for now, just report, ignore and move on.

FDru

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenaryn View Post
I play the game for fun. Getting this kind of abuse is not fun. One person I usually ignore. All four teammates, two of which have apparently done it to me before? I didn't even suck. There was no reason for it. Why is it such a big deal if I don't actually want to play with them again?
Someone telling you you're bad in a video game isn't abuse. Use the mute button, report them if you feel like it, but you need to get over your oversensitivity because this type of thing isn't going to stop. Ever.

Fadencraze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU024v1J13c&feature=plcp&context=C31e15d6U DOEgsToPDskLhbON1NdlzXC9ojK7POaS4]
PLease watch i know its wrong forum