Orianna bottom lane

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mufins

01-08-2012

The best way to play Orianna bot is to pick Cass.

• Cass has higher AP ratios on shorter CD's with cheaper mana costs and longer range.
  • Cass can clear minion waves faster.
  • Cass gets vision from her W just like Orianna with her ball but unlike Orianna can also control other spaces with her Q.
  • Cass has an easier time escaping ganks since she can throw out cc in 2 different directions.

Nekrogen

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranui View Post
Getting Orianna to work bot seems like a lot of hard work. Maybe you could try brand? :3c
I know Brand can work really well bottom, but he gets smashed by too many champions I find, plus I personally don't really find him to be that much fun. I'm up for some hard work

So what I see most people suggesting is maxing CDR, hardcore AP and a little bit of AS. I'll give these a shot, but sustainability/manareg is always a challenge bottom lane... maybe I'll give RoA a shot. Also, I can start off with 10% CDR with 9/0/21 masteries and grab DFG+Ionian for a quick 40% CDR, and RoA could be stuck in the middle there somehow. Anyways, I'll just try a bunch of things out and see how it goes, but thanks for all the feedback guys!

I might give the hybrid stuff a shot, but the look of it might scare my teammates even more :P

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
I know Brand can work really well bottom, but he gets smashed by too many champions I find, plus I personally don't really find him to be that much fun. I'm up for some hard work

So what I see most people suggesting is maxing CDR, hardcore AP and a little bit of AS. I'll give these a shot, but sustainability/manareg is always a challenge bottom lane... maybe I'll give RoA a shot. Also, I can start off with 10% CDR with 9/0/21 masteries and grab DFG+Ionian for a quick 40% CDR, and RoA could be stuck in the middle there somehow. Anyways, I'll just try a bunch of things out and see how it goes, but thanks for all the feedback guys!
An item that is largely over looked is Chalice of Harmony. I use it along with RoA for champions that i want near infinite mana on champions that chew threw it like Swain or Anivia. It also provides some durability compared to Tear of the Goddess.

Nekrogen

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
An item that is largely over looked is Chalice of Harmony. I use it along with RoA for champions that i want near infinite mana on champions that chew threw it like Swain or Anivia. It also provides some durability compared to Tear of the Goddess.
Chalice is a very situational pick that works against choice champions like Ryze and possibly Cassi who have high magic damage and spammability. Even then I would be hesitant because I haven't found issues with Orianna's mana yet considering I'm able to grab the relic everytime because of ball zoning.

Engaging Apathy

01-08-2012

Orianna was in my bot lane champ rotation for awhile and I found her pretty effective. The problem I had with her is that some champions can straight up wreck her(or at least when I'm controlling her:P) and she's a lot harder top if I needed to swap early since people are always moving(and generally build for speed. Ball is slow.) and she's a bit weak until she can itemize imo.(though if you've got a good melee who dives in it can really set things up with e. Gotta watch the leash range though since she's slow)

Basically I found her weakness to be mobile champs. Corki I believe was the first one I hit that was really hard on me. They'd wait for me to throw out a q for a wave and then w in with e. Even though it wouldn't kill me immediately it would put me at a disadvantage and they could just do it again shortly after. Pretty much anyone that can do that is really rough. Ahri after 6, Fizz, etc not real common bot champs so it's not as big a risk as all that but mobility/gap closer champs can bully her pretty hard and you have to delay counter building for enough ap to clear waves and ideally cdr.

Her escapes also aren't spectacular if she's ganked. She can get away from chasers with w, but wall jumpers that don't need to chase like leblanc or kass aren't good odds.

So basically I found her usually effective(and she farms like a boss after some ap), but occasionally felt quite helpless and didn't feel as comfortable swapping top early.

Mana wise I didn't actually have much trouble with p. ring and fiendish codex, and grabbing an occasional regen pack, but before your first back you've got to be careful about it. Didn't do anything out of the ordinary item wise except sometimes I grabbed nashor's(instead of morello's or dfg) if I was bullying hard.

Xyltin

01-08-2012

I play Orianna as a supporter bot.
Her shield is great if you want to sit back and let your AD carry farm.
Her Q + W combo is decent, but even if you max it, it is not that great. I spend only one point ito each early and max E. Then i give it to my AD carry and let him farm. If he would take dmg i activate it again. The passive Armor/MR is really strong.

But early game she loses to other supporters, cause she has no sustain and no hard CC like Janna. So you need some training.

Let game Orianna is great even without AP. I take Shurelias, HoG, Ionian boots and then i build what i need.
In team fights, her ult and her W are great. The slow/speed is so high that you can chase nearly everything. You can even set your E on a champ that runs away and give him/her 2-3 times a W too speed them up without being too close.

Last game i played with a kass. and every time he went in i gave him the shield and activated W + R. Gave him a free kill and allowed him to escape all the time.

The problem is that her spells overall still need a lot of mana and even shurelias alone is way not enough. E may be cheap enough, but W is so expensive to use all the time, and you will use it as often as possible when you saw what your team can do with it.

=> Orianna is a good supporter, even without AP. She needs a lot of mana. In fights you are only good when you combo your abilities (e.g. E on a melee that charges in and then you can use all spells over a great range and he/she is protected).

There are also builds around AP supporter or to utilize her passive, but i like to stay behind and help them from far away.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-08-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCuri View Post
So... Tear of the Goddess + Morello's Evil Tome + Deathcap + Mana regen per level Seals + Ionian Boots + 21/0/9 masteries?

That's enough for lots of mana regen, mana, AP, and 39% CDR. 1% cd isn't a big deal.

It's a very squishy build though. No room for health at all. Might be able to fit a catalyst in early game, but seems very farm intensive, and Orianna isn't exactly on par with Malzahar or Anivia in that department.
i would only ever get tear if i went 21 utility for the strength of ryze mastery. at least then you're getting some hp5 out of your mana pool. as mentioned before, if you're going 9/0/21 then your cdr is covered by picking up ionian boots of lucidity and dfg.

as far as 'hybrid' or ap/as builds go, i wouldn't do it. the best way to use her passive is to just keep stacking ability power. on paper i'd maybe consider getting a rageblade after core items just because at max stacks you're only paying ~400g for the ad and as, but in reality i can't say that i'd want that over wota, rylai's, or lichbane.

Dunkelzahn

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
I play Orianna as a supporter bot.
Her shield is great if you want to sit back and let your AD carry farm.
Her Q + W combo is decent, but even if you max it, it is not that great. I spend only one point ito each early and max E. Then i give it to my AD carry and let him farm. If he would take dmg i activate it again. The passive Armor/MR is really strong.
you realize this is a dominion thread, right

Opreich

01-08-2012

I've seen some Orianna's destroy people with her passive.

Sheen, Malady, Rageblade, Deathcap, Lichbane.

Her AA's really hurt.

FetisPuncher

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
as far as 'hybrid' or ap/as builds go, i wouldn't do it. the best way to use her passive is to just keep stacking ability power. on paper i'd maybe consider getting a rageblade after core items just because at max stacks you're only paying ~400g for the ad and as, but in reality i can't say that i'd want that over wota, rylai's, or lichbane.
I beg to differ. The reason why this works out well is because it makes use of there ability to still auto attack; making champs w/ long cd still useful, especially when we're talking about bottom lane.