to build the perfect ap burst

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendWizardz

01-07-2012

i have seen many builds and used many builds for ap champs they all think they have the most ap but how do u get the MOST AP POSSIBLE. ( runes,masteries, and items pls)

TheOneMillion

01-07-2012

The most ap possible build is 5 Archangel staffs and one deathcap.

Though if you are going that route, you are probably better off grabbing a lichbane instead of one of the arch staffs, just for the insane physical burst on top of the AP burst.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

If you're looking for the absolute(ish) max AP you can get:

Assuming 3400-ish max mana (1400 + 5*400 (from AA bonus)), that'd give you [(3400*.03)+45] 147 AP per AA, 720 in total, plus deathcap, for 875 AP.

Add in runes (assuming you run a full Potency Rune page) - [16.2 (9x Greater Mark of Force)+16.2(9x GSoF)+27.54(9x GGoF)+23.22(GQoF)] = 83.16 AP.

Add in masteries (just the flat ones) - 4 (Mental Force) + 18 (Blast) = 22.

875 + 83.16 + 22 = 980

Add in 40 from a blue pill, and (if you chose it) the AP from the Summoner Spell 'Surge' (88), you get 1108 Base AP.

Now factor in the 30% bonus of Rabadon's DeathCap, and the 5% bonus from the mastery 'Archmage Savvy'

1108*1.3*1.05 equals about 1512 AP.

- Assuming you are building 5x ArchAngel's Staff, and 1 Rabadon's DeathCap
- Assuming the % multipliers are stacked multiplicatively
- Assuming base mana at lv 18 is about 1400 (varies depending on champion) - Only 2 champions have this though - Janna & Heimerdinger; most AP carries have 1200-1300 Mana at max
- Assuming you are running a full AP/lvl Rune page, not sure how the results might turn out from a mana/level rune page (will probably give slightly more AP from the 5 AAs)

Boomstick II

01-07-2012

I think you used the 30% bonus from Rabadon's twice (once initially for the AA stacking and again later on the 1108 AP)

Anyways, if you want the max burst you're probably going to want to these items:
-Lich Bane
-DFG
-Rabadon's
-Zhonya's Hourglass
-Void Staff
-Sorcerer's shoes

Lich Bane and DFG are for two extra nukes, Rabadon's is for tons of AP, Zhonya's for the 2nd most AP, Void Staff for MPen, and Sorc shoes for more MPen.

Going all out AP won't give you the most burst, I think.

LegendWizardz

01-08-2012

ty

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstick II View Post
I think you used the 30% bonus from Rabadon's twice (once initially for the AA stacking and again later on the 1108 AP)
The first application was the flat AP (the 140 flat), and the final one was the 30% bonus. But I screwed up on a bit of math anyways after editing some values and failing to recalculate -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstick II View Post
Going all out AP won't give you the most burst, I think.
Well, i agree w/ the void staff part, and the lichbane depending on which character you're using (ie Lux), but the others are preference/situational IMO (ie sorc boots - you already have void staff for Mpen, Zhonyas.... unless you need the active badly, go w/ an AA for more AP).

Anyways, w/ max AP Karthus ult hits for 1400ish

Kirielis

01-08-2012

What they said.

Also, Veigar. Never play a 3 AP team against a Veigar.

SuperSobotka

01-08-2012

somewhere in your final AP build your going to want a will of the ancients

being able to heal for 300-500 from your spells is awesome

notavirginlol

01-08-2012

i kind of want to try this on sona for the lulz. minus the runes cuz i dont have those runes.

LegendWizardz

01-08-2012

what about for karthus