Akali Build?

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soviet Mudkip

07-16-2010

btw i hav the tendency to pick up characters such as xin zhao pretty fast getting 15/3/x right off the bat on avg games right when i bought him win or lose so shouldnt akali be similar?

Kavanah

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Mudkip View Post
wait y do people say bolt for rylai sceptor then???? cus isnt that core item for akali now? O-o
Because it provides Akali with HP and a slow that procs from all of her abilities since they are all magic based.

This problem is solved by simply getting a giants belt and red lizard buff while having Sheen to provide you with overpowerd burst during Akali's most shining levels.

Kavanah

07-16-2010

Quote:
btw i hav the tendency to pick up characters such as xin zhao pretty fast getting 15/3/x right off the bat on avg games right when i bought him win or lose so shouldnt akali be similar?
I'm not sure what your ELO rating is, I personally have some trouble with new heroes since I'm playing vs people who have around 100+ games with the heroes they are playing. Anyways, Akali is a bit different from Xin. Xin is a pretty solid hero. Akali is a glass cannon. She's meant to burst and dip out of battle until she can burst again. Sort of like Ryze, but Ryze has some CC to help him. Akali is a tough hero to learn how to utilize her in the fray of battle, do as much damage as possible to help your team out, and then stay alive. Learning her limits will take a while.

Kavanah

07-16-2010

I also want to mention, that I really help my team out in 5v5 battles. Most Akali's dont do this well, as they die really fast, or they stay out of battle so long that they only contribute to getting the last 20% of a hero fleeing and are known for "Killstealing." Most of my games with Akali will have nearly as many assists as champion kills.

SuicidalPankake

07-16-2010

Can you post a link to your guide so I can look at it when the site is back up?

Kavanah

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidalPankake View Post
Can you post a link to your guide so I can look at it when the site is back up?
Sure. As soon as the site is back up for me to get the link.

Soviet Mudkip

07-16-2010

well c with i dont always get 15/3/x i was just saying but i do hav a tendency in 75% of my games to get 11+ kills and come out with a solid positive kdr +4 or higher from wat ive added up on my xin...

Soviet Mudkip

07-16-2010

and for the rylai's sceptor, cant u just move the rylai before teh sheen in ur build and problem solved? cus im a player who often only goes for red lizard buffs when im crossing jungle to gank and the red lizard is up but i often dont aim for it as a specific thing to get since i find myself doing perfectly fine without the buff....

Soviet Mudkip

07-16-2010

also its becus im more item dependent as opposed to jungling for buffs although i can see y sheen is good first but its just that id see myself more confident with a stat perk taht is always on me as opposed to not having it anymore and having to get it again... Also for the Merc Threads... if the team isnt heavy stun which usually they always are >.> but if they arent by a small chance wat would be a good item to slot out instead of the Merc Threads?

Kavanah

07-16-2010

Quote:
also its becus im more item dependent as opposed to jungling for buffs although i can see y sheen is good first but its just that id see myself more confident with a stat perk taht is always on me as opposed to not having it anymore and having to get it again... Also for the Merc Threads... if the team isnt heavy stun which usually they always are >.> but if they arent by a small chance wat would be a good item to slot out instead of the Merc Threads?
I find that the burst damage that the sheen adds is just too amazing, especially at the time of the game that Akali shines the most. You can nearly 1 rotate people, the slow is nice to have, but the beauty of Akali is with just the right distance you can keep shadowing onto someone. Just with a mark>shadow>attack>cresent>mark>shadow>attack you will drop pretty much any squishy at full hp. Add ignite to that and its a garunteed kill. I'd rather get quick kills to aid me in getting that rylais, especially that giants belt. I usually play her pretty heavy on the HP side, starting with very close to 800 hp at lvl 1. You can try switching them up and seeing which you like to start with first. In my experiences with her I've found the sheen grants me more kills than the rylais (not to mention sheen + giants belt is cheaper).

Merc treads are 90% of the time going to be your best bet on her. The only time I would switch out something else is a ninja tabi on high melee teams. The reason is because aoe's still affect Akali, and most of those are scaling off of AP so you want Mercs. CC on Akali also very deadly. You want to be able to drop shroud whenever you need it, and be able to shroud out easy. If you are being cc'd this is very very hard to accomplish and will result in death.

12345612 ... 13