Every time someone picks yi, we lose.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatMasterMeat View Post
It's usually because they have no idea how to play Yi.

Here is how i usually see yi's build

AD - Phantom dancer -> inf edge.
AP - Lich's Bane, Something else that isn't correct.

It's all about the order baby. Dmg -> Atk speed even in Dom. A zeal into BF sword would be better than a PD, or the IE early.
Same with ap. Rabadon's into lich's bane is probably one of the highest dps ap builds for yi, yet people continue to just grab dat bane and feel like they can't lose.

Kids need to learn how to play.
That's a wrong way to look at it. You gotta to look at it differently, more of how much gold spent is used to DOUBLE your damage. Yi has a passive that gives him 70 atk damage, with your base it'll be 160~. Getting an IE will run you 3800~ gold and give 80 atk so +50% damage output. Running an Phantom dancer will give 55% atk speed so 55%+ damage 5% more crit and MS for sticking to people and only cost 2800~ gold. There's a reason why AD ranged carries get damage first because they have no straight damage buffs in their kit (save for Vayne+ Twitch) so getting a damage item first will effectively double their damage.

lbgsloan

01-08-2012

I usually reach for the dodge button if I see a Yi or Eve on my team. In blind pick I'll also dodge Shaco's on my team. They CAN be useful to a team, good ones certainly exist; but most people who play them are trolls and do things like 5 zeals + mobilty boots, backdoor all game, and flame teammates whenever they have downtime. Shaco's aren't quite as abusive, but they still like to backdoor all game.

Once again, thank you Riot for removing Pricilla's Blessing. Eve's have mostly disappeared now.

MrEnglish22

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I usually reach for the dodge button if I see a Yi or Eve on my team. In blind pick I'll also dodge Shaco's on my team. They CAN be useful to a team, good ones certainly exist; but most people who play them are trolls and do things like 5 zeals + mobilty boots, backdoor all game, and flame teammates whenever they have downtime. Shaco's aren't quite as abusive, but they still like to backdoor all game.

Once again, thank you Riot for removing Pricilla's Blessing. Eve's have mostly disappeared now.
I honestly miss building Pircilla's on Rammus- it was actually a decent tanking item, and a good choice for a first build item.

And I agree with the retarded backdoor people, even though Eve is one of my favorite characters to play on Dominion, because her Rupture is soooooo good.

Valderami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Wow you guys really think Yi is bad? I main Master Yi and when I play dominion I win 9 times out of ten and I often get first place on at least my team. Yi in my opinion is a very strong champ at dominion because he does lots of damage as well as he has a lot of mobility. Most Yi players though do not know how to build him right. I start out with Zerkers and a Vamp Scepter and rush a sanguine blade, because it gives insane damage and life steal and allows me to snowball, from there I get Phantom dancer then IE, then Ionic spark, also i think the summoner spells they pick are very important, I use cleanse and ghost for yi because cleanse allows me to break free of all that pesky CC

tl;dr Master Yi is very viable, you just have to play him right. If you get stuck with one tell him to rush a sanguine blade itll do wonders.

Oddjustice

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderami View Post
Wow you guys really think Yi is bad? I main Master Yi and when I play dominion I win 9 times out of ten and I often get first place on at least my team. Yi in my opinion is a very strong champ at dominion because he does lots of damage as well as he has a lot of mobility. Most Yi players though do not know how to build him right. I start out with Zerkers and a Vamp Scepter and rush a sanguine blade, because it gives insane damage and life steal and allows me to snowball, from there I get Phantom dancer then IE, then Ionic spark, also i think the summoner spells they pick are very important, I use cleanse and ghost for yi because cleanse allows me to break free of all that pesky CC

tl;dr Master Yi is very viable, you just have to play him right. If you get stuck with one tell him to rush a sanguine blade itll do wonders.
9 times out of ten? Your record says two yi losses in a row there Prosef.

Valderami

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANJustice View Post
9 times out of ten? Your record says two yi losses in a row there Prosef.
I solo queue -__-

Oddjustice

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderami View Post
I solo queue -__-
A better way to put it would be "sometimes this works and I get carried by a team that has good CC or Poke and tough champs that deal decent damage (Wu/Panth/LeeSin) and other times I feed 1/9/2."

I'm with the OP on this one, I've never been in a game where Yi wouldn't have been better if he was nearly any other melee dps.

Phourc

01-10-2012

Yi is fun on SR because you can tower dive forever with some lifesteal and Q out if ya got skillz, on Dominion I feel he's hurt even more by his lack of CC and the distance between fights being shorter (Yomuus active gets me through the first 30 minutes on SR, but on dom you get to use once every four fights haha).

Pretty much the only time I did decent with him (granite, I only tried a couple times) is AP in bot lane xP

slyguy6802

01-10-2012

sounds to me like your somewhat pessimistic....

Oddjustice

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Yi is fun on SR because you can tower dive forever with some lifesteal and Q out if ya got skillz, on Dominion I feel he's hurt even more by his lack of CC and the distance between fights being shorter (Yomuus active gets me through the first 30 minutes on SR, but on dom you get to use once every four fights haha).

Pretty much the only time I did decent with him (granite, I only tried a couple times) is AP in bot lane xP
The phrase you're looking for is "granted, I only tried a couple times".

Not being a jerk, just trying to be helpful.