Taric help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tho76

01-06-2012

Hi. Just played a Dominion game (obvi) with Taric. I went 1/8/22. I went for a off-tank + support type set-up. I had Odin's,Mercs, Ageis, and was finishing Hourglass (I had both parts). They had some AD and AP both, and I lived pretty long. But, I was healing about 220. it didn't feel like enough, should I do something differently or am I ok?

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-06-2012

imo, Dominion Taric wants two things:
- Have 40% CDR so you can stun people on a 6 second cooldown. Also you get to throw out your other spells really recklessly too.
- Be hella tanky. Like 3k health and 200AR / 150MR tanky.

This gives your opponents two options:
- Ignore you and get stunned over and over
- Focus you while your team eats them

Always live, never die, stun op.

For best results, only play Taric when you know there is a teammate playing a champion who does significantly better when there's a tanky CC bot defending them.

Your score is alright. You shouldn't expect much out of Taric's heal, it'll maybe keep you alive when you're soaking damage for the team, but it won't do much for your teammates.

Tho76

01-06-2012

Okay, thanks. I have CDR masteries,but I'm not really sure on how to achieve all this on Dominion. I can get Frozen Heart + Morello's for 40%CDR, but that will not give much HP or resists. Can you maybe give me a quick build?

P.S. Played another game, and I got both GP and Yi 1v2 xD. Now, I had some help from Garrison'd Turret

Scrubsicle

01-06-2012

I prefer Soul Shroud to Morello's. A boatload of HP, and a useful team aura.

Tho76

01-06-2012

so how do I get 40% CDR =(

Scrubsicle

01-06-2012

Soul Shroud + Frozen Heart + Masteries

If for some weird reason you don't have max CDR by then, just use some CDR Runes.

The Wrongsword

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho76 View Post
so how do I get 40% CDR =(
frozen heart + ionian boots is 35%

masteries can get you about 12% (8% defensive tree, 4% offense. unlikely to use utility)

glyphs can get around 7% depending on how much is scaling

its not too hard. masteries + glyphs + frozen heart is about 40% right there. with his shatter that makes him very much an anti-AD champ, you could stack MR on him too, he is basically goin full tank then though, i like a little dmg output on him but eh

Tho76

01-06-2012

okay,thanks. I have no runes, level 27 so I spent everything on getting a a full set of char types. going to bed, bumps are nice

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-06-2012

Running an 8/0/22 mastery setup gets me 10% cooldown reduction right off the bat. I don't use CDR runes, I use MR glyphs since tanky champions are really easy to get CDR on, and they can always use more MR.

Problem with giving you an item build for Taric is that there's no clear best build for every scenario - in some games you'll want more AR, in others you'll want more MR. This affects your build drastically. It's a tough balance, you want to be tanky enough to be able to survive damage, but never so tanky that people give up on attacking you entirely (though fortunately throwing out Dazzles all the time seems to make people hate you).

My build typically looks like

Mobility Boots, Hextech Sweeper or Soul Shroud, Frozen Heart, Aegis of the Legion, Negatron Cloak x2.

Tho76

01-07-2012

okay AAARRRRR, thanks for the build. I like being an Aura Taric,so that is nice for me.

But, can I possibly buy a Spirit Visage instead of the Negatrons? This give HP and MR, plus the increased healing. I tried using it once and at level 18 with no AP, I healed myself for about 330, which was AMAZING in the game (saved me like 10 times).