Make Dominion early game worth something

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClamFace

01-09-2012

The fact you can make a comeback makes Dominion that much more worth it in terms of enjoyment.

If someone feeds in a SR game, I don't want to sit there for 40 minutes waiting to lose, I want a chance to comeback.

I've lost games where we had the enemy nexus down to 1 hp, but they outplayed us right at the end and secured the win. Was I upset? Not really, cos they EARNED that win by sheer skill, after bot fed Ryze so hard.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnalis View Post
Did he just say a team-based game shouldn't focus so much on teamwork?
no, he means he is the best player and never makes any mistakes ever, so it's always his team thats dragging him down so he is QQing

lbgsloan

01-09-2012

Big comebacks shouldn't be impossible. Hard, yes. Impossible, no. The rubberbanding is only a 4 second differential at maximum now, so if you're losing a 450-150 lead the problem lies elsewhere. Kills aren't worth much in Dominion because Riot wanted people to get that it shouldn't be the focus of the game. Considering how many people I see chase kills and end up losing a point for their team, they apparently still give too much gold.

Xoltar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopfshuss View Post
I started to play dominion when it first came out and quit after about my 20th game. this is due to the fact that I would win games when i was down 180/20. Personally I think dominion should be more like WoW's Arathi Basin so that these extreme comebacks are not possible.

In other words, both teams are losing points at the same time based on how many points each team has. Ex. If Purple Team has 4 nodes and Blue team has 1, Blue Team would be losing 10 points per 10sec and Purple team would be losing 2 points per 10sec.

This will allow early game to have some meaning in the game and not cause the game to be 100% based on late game teamwork.
The decisions made throughout the whole game by everyone determines if their is a late game comeback. If you have one champ throw his life away for nothing then yeah your team is going to get over run hence the back and forth of dom usually. Play smart and play with a premade and you'll see the difference.