Make Dominion early game worth something

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synergistics

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

I started to play dominion when it first came out and quit after about my 20th game. this is due to the fact that I would win games when i was down 180/20. Personally I think dominion should be more like WoW's Arathi Basin so that these extreme comebacks are not possible.

In other words, both teams are losing points at the same time based on how many points each team has. Ex. If Purple Team has 4 nodes and Blue team has 1, Blue Team would be losing 10 points per 10sec and Purple team would be losing 2 points per 10sec.

This will allow early game to have some meaning in the game and not cause the game to be 100% based on late game teamwork.

Szygy

01-07-2012

yeah, but then why stay late game if it is already over? huge comebacks make the entire game span worth playing, not just beginning or just end. Both are key

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopfshuss View Post
This will allow early game to have some meaning in the game and not cause the game to be 100% based on late game teamwork.
Have you considered the possibility that a game that is 100% based on teamwork is more fun than a game that is decided by the first few decisive moments?

Do you not remember what Summoner's Rift is?

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

Is gold and lvl advantage for a good early game not enough?

GrignardTS

01-07-2012

I have won countless games 4XX to 0 in <9m.

My early game matters.

Tale Feather

01-07-2012

Not to mention point advantage.

What OP is trying to do is ask to not be consistent and adapt to changing environments. However many points you gain is your advantage. It means you have to hold on and be consistent for less time than the enemy.

Screwing up and allowing your enemy to four or even five cap you means you deserved to loose that advantage.

It's not a matter of "Only endgame matters." Its "Only teamwork and adaptability matters." It doesn't matter WHAT stage of the game it is. If you're good at the beginning and your enemy is bad, you can shut them down and have a quick game. It's possible, I've seen and done it and had it done to me.

Every moment of the game matters, from beginning to the end. That's what makes this game so good. Slip up less, learn to anticipate counter builds and learn to counter build yourself. And learn the strengths and weaknesses of your chosen champions and team builds.

Dremare

01-07-2012

Sounds like someone plays against people who don't know how to defend.

Ardnalis

01-07-2012

Did he just say a team-based game shouldn't focus so much on teamwork?

Bonabon

01-07-2012

The ability to make a complete comeback at any point in the match is what keeps Dominion interesting.

Fenthis

01-07-2012

Early game is worth something with 100 g a kill at top and the gold from capping top its easily enough to get your team ahead in the items in dominion. every kill counts. early game leads to a score difference and can lead you to lategame before the enemy team no matter how slow it can be