Early game bot, Vayne is weak, Yorick strong, correct?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Speusippus

01-07-2012

Am I right?

(I'm asking because I was told to bot in a recent game as Vayne, I was against Yorick, and I couldn't really keep my tower green at all, and my team was angry at me. But I believe I shouldn't have been sent bot in the first place. We had a Maokai, ferchrissakes?)

(Our Riven believed Yorick is a weak bot lane pick and htat I should have been stomping him.)

FetisPuncher

01-07-2012

Your Riven should've gone bot. But considering your Riven is unskilled in bot lane.. yea, Maokai would've at least stalemated against Yorick.

Vayne doesn't belong bot lane unless it's a 3-2 strategy.

Tale Feather

01-07-2012

I've not pictured vane as a good aggressive Bot. But their idea might have been take exhaust/ignite and rush kill Yorick for an early lead.

It's tactic that only works if you've got the element of surprise and your enemy has built a tear, and only really works at the very beginning before your opponent bot wises up and starts playing defensively.

Normally you'd have Vane be your ganker on bottom against Yorick, stun and assassinate him then get away for the rest of his ult duration, capping bottom afterwards. She's not good in situations in which she stays exposed for long periods of time.

Xanthic

01-07-2012

Yorick is god tier bot. I've never lost vs anyone there except against Skarner (he's like a direct counter to Yorick). I can beat Maokai early, but mid / late game, he'll just force a stalemate.
Vayne shouldn't be sent bot period, he belongs top. Sounds to me like they just sent you down there as no one wanted to face Yorick and wanted to make you the scapegoat.

Bonabon

01-07-2012

I had a game against Yorick as Maokai a few days ago. He was pretty strong early game. He'd push me to my tower, but couldn't take it. Once I built some armor he was less of a problem. I could out-poke his sustain, and his ghoul spam feeds Mao's passive.

larkhill

01-07-2012

what...? yorick has a terrible early game bot. yorick has no sustain and no ult, as well as no real items. he's easily the weakest early laner of the top tier bot lane champs. he'll get pushed back to his own tower by almost every top tier bot laner. he basically needs promote to not lose bot before lvl 6. in higher elo, its required.

vayne might be fine for bot, but she doesnt belong there. she belongs top. your maokai should have went bot.

FetisPuncher

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
Yorick is god tier bot. I've never lost vs anyone there except against Skarner (he's like a direct counter to Yorick).
probably facing a bunch of low elo fools.. There a plenty of counters to Yorick, just people at low elo haven't figured it out yet - mainly because many are afraid of going bot.

Mao is a stalemate against a Yorick because Mao can clear waves. Period. Yorick shouldn't take bot lane from a Mao - if so, that's a bad Mao.

Sauron

01-07-2012

Maokai should have been bot. Vayne won't stand up to Yorick early on, but if she can get early ganks on him, she can continue holding bot by herself by buying an early Lifedrinker and armor.

The only way Yorick can out-dps a ranged carry that has a large amount of life steal is by getting into melee range, and Vayne can prevent that from happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill
what...? yorick has a terrible early game bot. yorick has no sustain and no ult, as well as no real items. he's easily the weakest early laner of the top tier bot lane champs. he'll get pushed back to his own tower by almost every top tier bot laner. he basically needs promote to not lose bot before lvl 6. in higher elo, its required.
What are you smoking? A good Yorick doesn't use promote and fairs quite well prior to level 6.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

mid-late game Vayne can beat out a Yorick ( and usually requires an ionic spark to do so ).. early game though Vayne has no ability to keep the lane pushed and can't win