I figured out why I prefer dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sealpup

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atahl View Post
No Metagame team comps. No Ap mid/support carry bot/tanky dps top/jungler

Just play what you want, and you should do reasonably against the other team.
There is an ideal composition though. Having 1 Ranged AD top helps immensely. Having a Tanky DPS initiator helps the survivability of the top team. Then a brawler and last spot can be any of the previous 3.

larkhill

01-08-2012

there is a pretty clear meta if u actually pay attention to the higher elo players (higher elo = higher win:loss ratio)

basically, u pick a bot lane that can push the lane and has some sustain as well. they also need to be able to 1v1. the top bot lane champs are morg, mao, yorick, sion, tryn... u get the idea... morde gets added to top tier only because of how well he counters melee bots. heimer is i na class of his own simply for his pushing power and ability to defend a point. he's...special.

top consists of 1 tank or someone that builds VERY tanky. typically, people use bruisers or tanks for this. u see things like leona, jarvan, riven, amumu, alistar, rammus, singed, mao, that sort of thing. these people are usually the ones that initiate tower dives in a teamfight

then theres the utility. typically, this is the stunbot in the group but sometimes it can be a healer or someone that provides a buff/debuff. jarvan, gp, ww, nunu are the best for buffs. debuffs can be champs like tryn, teemo or trundle who debuff a players dmg/defenses or champs like kass, leblanc or blitz who silence. stunbots are self explanatory. wukong, leona, rammus, alistar and ashe are the most important ones.typically, u'll see 1 or 2 of these on a team. some teams run into an issue of too much utility/tanks and not enough actual dmg, which ends up losing them the game.

speaking of dmg, theres the squishy assassins of course. theres 2 categories (ad or ap) and 2 sub categories (burst or sustain).

ap:

burst: leblanc, kass, zil, ryze, brand, veig, xer, fizz, poppy, akali, kat
sustain: swain, cass, ahri,

i very rarely see sustain mages.

ad

burst: tryn, talon, shaco
sustain, vayne, graves, mantheon, win zhao, nocturn.

usually u see more sustain ad champs. in dominion, u get enough gold to where u simply do so much dmg that you become almost like a burst champ. true burst champs are simply too squishy. tryn is, of course, the exception

tldr:

the perfect team comp is basically:

(listed in order of best to worst)

bot lane: heimer, yorick/morg/karthus (all 3 are tied for 2nd), ap sion, mao, nid,
tank: rammus, alistar, singed, mao, jarvan
utility: wukong, leona/rammus (i like leona moreso than most others), gp, alistar,
ap: kass, poppy, ahri, ryze, brand,
ad: tryn, vayne, shaco/talon (shaco vs melee teams. talon vs mages), graves, nocturn,

p.s. i assume sion builds ap, poppy builds ap and shaco builds ad.

Nyuuszi

01-08-2012

"A teaam of squishies has just as good of a shot as a team of tanky DPS or even full tanks."

I agree with almost everything in this thread except for this.. Playing a team full of tanks in this map is very difficult. They can hold whatever towers they want if they coordinate properly.

TimeLohrd

01-08-2012

I think the game is more forgiving too. If you have someone who afk's early in the game they still earn xp and gold so if they do come back its not such a struggle to come from behind.

Aroyok

01-08-2012

There are so many factors for why I like Dom more than SR, but one of the key differences is the resource system. In SR, creeps are the resource - gold and xp. In Dom, the resource is given to everybody, which means less puttzing around and more smashing face. I recognize that there is an art to last hitting and controlling the creep wave, but I'm more interested in the combat-centric Dom.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealpup View Post
There is an ideal composition though.
While true, this fact gets lost because the state of the art in the random Dom playerbase is so bad.

take 5 players who understand how to watch the Dom map and use their position to advantage, when to engage and not, and how to play/build their champs for Dom. give them all random champs and they will whip randoms with a good composition 9/10

although.. those randoms aren't likely to have a good composition

Tenant

Friend of Urf

01-09-2012

I very much agree, OP. While there already is something of a meta (4 windmill, 1 bot), it's nowhere near as rigid as SR's.

It's probably this aspect that keeps people from taking Dominion very seriously, however. Close-minded sheeple see this and think this is one of the reasons why Dominion is supposedly "easy mode". It's frustrating, because it's not the case.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
there is a pretty clear meta if u actually pay attention to the higher elo players (higher elo = higher win:loss ratio)

basically, u pick a bot lane that can push the lane and has some sustain as well. they also need to be able to 1v1. the top bot lane champs are morg, mao, yorick, sion, tryn... u get the idea... morde gets added to top tier only because of how well he counters melee bots. heimer is i na class of his own simply for his pushing power and ability to defend a point. he's...special.

top consists of 1 tank or someone that builds VERY tanky. typically, people use bruisers or tanks for this. u see things like leona, jarvan, riven, amumu, alistar, rammus, singed, mao, that sort of thing. these people are usually the ones that initiate tower dives in a teamfight

then theres the utility. typically, this is the stunbot in the group but sometimes it can be a healer or someone that provides a buff/debuff. jarvan, gp, ww, nunu are the best for buffs. debuffs can be champs like tryn, teemo or trundle who debuff a players dmg/defenses or champs like kass, leblanc or blitz who silence. stunbots are self explanatory. wukong, leona, rammus, alistar and ashe are the most important ones.typically, u'll see 1 or 2 of these on a team. some teams run into an issue of too much utility/tanks and not enough actual dmg, which ends up losing them the game.

speaking of dmg, theres the squishy assassins of course. theres 2 categories (ad or ap) and 2 sub categories (burst or sustain).

ap:

burst: leblanc, kass, zil, ryze, brand, veig, xer, fizz, poppy, akali, kat
sustain: swain, cass, ahri,

i very rarely see sustain mages.

ad

burst: tryn, talon, shaco
sustain, vayne, graves, mantheon, win zhao, nocturn.

usually u see more sustain ad champs. in dominion, u get enough gold to where u simply do so much dmg that you become almost like a burst champ. true burst champs are simply too squishy. tryn is, of course, the exception

tldr:

the perfect team comp is basically:

(listed in order of best to worst)

bot lane: heimer, yorick/morg/karthus (all 3 are tied for 2nd), ap sion, mao, nid,
tank: rammus, alistar, singed, mao, jarvan
utility: wukong, leona/rammus (i like leona moreso than most others), gp, alistar,
ap: kass, poppy, ahri, ryze, brand,
ad: tryn, vayne, shaco/talon (shaco vs melee teams. talon vs mages), graves, nocturn,

p.s. i assume sion builds ap, poppy builds ap and shaco builds ad.
I see no Soraka on that list. Dafuq?

caseyjones

Adjudicator

01-09-2012

If there is a moron on the team I don't have to be potentially stuck with him for 30+ minutes.